Naismith running his mouth

It’s open season on the team and any manager worth his salt would be saying the exact same thing.
Hearts will be coming into this game right up for it having seen the state of us in recent weeks.
Bet they can’t wait for it.

Just listened to Sterling and hard to think anything other than us being in desperate shape,

Are any of us not questioning this squad’s mentality? We’ve seen it for years - the minute the chips are down, the bottle crashes.

I suspect part of his comments is probably frustration as a fan

Yes he’s a little prick that made ill advised comments in 2012 which he regrets to this day and won’t ever be welcome back.

But he’s still very much a fan
How do you know he is still a fan?

Said it the other night.

Smith would have reset the teams mentality after the Motherwell loss (which could obviously happen to a smith team, ocassional losses) and we would have taken care of Celtic (or at least given everything for 90 mins trying) and then BY HOOK OR BY CROOK he would have got the 1 goal wins over Ross County and Dundee.
We would have beaten celtic aswell.

Can't blame him he was part of a successful Rangers side whos mentality was made of steel.
A team full of International players who were at the very least on par with Celtic. Back in the days when our recruitment was more good than bad. What’s the difference now, other than mentality?

When we beat them 5 - 0 it was the best I have seen us play this season.//Hopefully that form will come back on Sunday.

No problem with what Naismith says, he is the manager of Hearts so that's his job but would be nice to make him eat his words,

He's doing his job and trying to get into our heads. Couldn't give a fuk what he says.

Up to us to go out and smash them Sunday, then win our last 6 'cup finals'.

It looks beyond us on current form, but stranger things have happened.

Too many on here have jacked it in for the season, it's last chance saloon for a few of our squad.
We didn't Jack it for the season. The team did. The team always do. We know the script. Different series same ending.

This traitorous little prick is someone whose character some wish we had?

This place is getting worse, I’ve rarely heard an opposing manager talking about another team and their players like he did earlier

I hope we fkin batter them Sunday

Tbf he had the mentality to play for rangers. A very good player for us. Player only not the person but we need more like the player of him in our side. Hated them, hated getting beat and turned up in the big games when it mattered.
He was a tremendous player for us. He f()cking hated them. I loved him.

Then he went and ruined it all. F()cking rat.

At his press conference. Questioning our mentality and saying we've been lucky when we were on a good run. If our senior players have any pride they should be itching to get it right up him.
Not listened to it verbatim however....

Questioning our mentality <checks notes> fair enough.

Saying we've been lucky <checks notes> fair enough

If our senior (why only senior btw) have any pride <buffering>

Last chance saloon, if there's any residual pride in that team, or what passes for it, then Sunday's the time to show it and ram those words down that ingrate's throat.

He and his players will be smelling blood as we are there for the taking.
It's going to be a tough watch on Sunday with the current form of our players.

Naismith made a rip roaring ct of his comments and he showed no gratitude for our support when he had a bad injury.
But he was a great player for us and not a single player in the current squad has his heart.
I wish he played for us now
Theres not a Gers fan out there that wouldnt want a Naismith playing for us now.

Not sure how his 'numbers' squared up to Dessers' right enough :rolleyes:

Does anyone have his actual quotes to hand?

What I'd give for a player in the squad with even a quarter of Naismith's winning mentality.

Does anyone have his actual quotes to hand?

What I'd give for a player in the squad with even a quarter of Naismith's winning mentality.
His comments are actually fairly similar to how most on here see it.

"It's unexpected - surprised, though, I'm not so sure," Naismith said.

"There are a number of players who have been there over the years but failed to win trophies."

He added: "From my own experiences, it's a tough club, a tough environment, but for any player when you win trophies it feels great. Doing it is the hard part."

He also says we carried some luck in fixtures like the 2-1 win against them in October. Any manager that is winning at 90 mins away at Ibrox and then goes onto lose is going to think they were unlucky as from his point of view his tactics worked for most of the match.

This little fanny will fancy his chances in Sunday so it will be nice if we can shut him up with a beating.

His attitude however was spot on when he was a player ( Gave no fucks ) and that’s something we haven’t got at the moment.

It’s a cliche but his utterance has just done a team talk for us. If that doesn’t fire up our players nothing will. He’s shown us no respect, give him a beating and shut him up.

He is a Rangers man as is his old man.He is the sort that this team could be doing with now.A lot of guff being said about some ill chosen and misunderstood words from 12 years ago which he has explained and apologised for.
Still hope we do them on Sunday though.
Get that to %^*&, he should never be welcomed back at Ibrox.

He is a lady's front bottom

This little fanny will fancy his chances in Sunday so it will be nice if we can shut him up with a beating.

His attitude however was spot on when he was a player ( Gave no fucks ) and that’s something we haven’t got at the moment.
He certainly gave no fucks about us at the press conference

He is clearly noising us up but good for him, if our players have any self respect and pride they will use it as fuel and make him eat his words.

Yes there was an element of luck to the game in October and the late winner. That is football.

But the tit is conveniently forgetting the 5-0 pumping we dished out which could easily have been double that, plus the easy way we dispatched them in the last semi final.

If Hearts are confident and come out and try and have a go at us at Hampden, it will suit us better.

I am predicting a comfortable win and that the wee traitor will be moaning and in full deflect mode in his post match press conference.

The way he carries himself now, he would have been much better suited as playing for the tramps.

Instantly forgettable player who should be airbrushed from our history for his comments in 2012 and the way he has treated us since.

Hes got nowt to lose here.

Sounding tough and inspiring a win will look like superb Coaching, sounding tough and losing a game hes not expected to win wont hurt him any.

It may serve us unexpectedly since our players wont be given a chance to start slow...

This traitorous little prick is someone whose character some wish we had?

This place is getting worse, I’ve rarely heard an opposing manager talking about another team and their players like he did earlier

I hope we fkin batter them Sunday
Exactly

Theres not a Gers fan out there that wouldnt want a Naismith playing for us now.

Not sure how his 'numbers' squared up to Dessers' right enough :rolleyes:
Naismith 28 goals in 72 SPL games for Rangers.
Dessers 13 goals in 30 SPL games for Rangers

Also Naismith played in a much better team I would day , also in his home country.

Naismith 28 goals in 72 SPL games for Rangers.
Dessers 13 goals in 30 SPL games for Rangers

Also Naismith played in a much better team I would day , also in his home country.
People can dislike Naismith for his comments but he isn't even comparable to any of the current attackers we have. The 2010/11 version of Naismith would be the best player in the team and we would be sitting well ahead in the league if he was in our current squad.

Back