Naismith running his mouth

People can dislike Naismith for his comments but he isn't even comparable to any of the current attackers we have. The 2010/11 version of Naismith would be the best player in the team and we would be sitting well ahead in the league if he was in our current squad.
Just provided the stats on goals scored against appearances.

When we beat them 5 - 0 it was the best I have seen us play this season.//Hopefully that form will come back on Sunday.

No problem with what Naismith says, he is the manager of Hearts so that's his job but would be nice to make him eat his words,

I do. Big up your own team and leave your opponents out of it.

We wouldn't be happy with our manager talking down our opponents.

If ever another five goal spanking was needed, it's this weekend. Just to shut that wee runt up.

Just provided the stats on goals scored against appearances.
Naismith was more than just a goal scorer. He was the players and fans player of the year in 2011 when we won 3 in a row. That team under Walter were outspent every transfer window for years and still had the mentality to keep getting results when it mattered.

I'm in an exclusive club of one but in my opinion i never thought the way he acted when he left was that outrageous, given the circumstances.

I think a lot of people just hurl abuse at him as a badge of staunchness.
I'm tending toward that sentiment too, especially when you see what the Spiv's did to the club thereafter.
That said, I also see him as a wee ^^ank. So My emotions are torn.

I'm in an exclusive club of one but in my opinion i never thought the way he acted when he left was that outrageous, given the circumstances.

Jeez, amigo. Amnesia?

The context of his comments before and during the funereal pr stunt. Compare and contrast.

Steven Davis and Maurice Edu left in the right way. Davis especially.

Jeez, amigo. Amnesia?

The context of his comments before and during the funereal pr stunt. Compare and contrast.

"Others left in the right way". And? They still left.

It just boils down to a guy saying stupid stuff when others didnt. A very odd hill to die on imo.

And i'll say again - given the circumstances at the time, i dont think anything outrageous happened. It was just unpalatable to the online Rangers support who have about as much tolerance for off-message statements as post-revolution Iran.

Absolutely.

A tasteless stunt no doubt cooked up by that arsehole Mackay.

And simps in here want ratboy to return as manager at some point!?

Fcuk me.
What was this stunt? I seem to have buried my head when all this was going on.

It just boils down to a guy saying stupid stuff when others didnt. A very odd hill to die on imo.

And i'll say again - given the circumstances at the time, i dont think anything outrageous happened. It was just unpalatable to the online Rangers support who have about as much tolerance for off-message statements as post-revolution Iran.
Without getting into one here, the average fan knew fine well that none of these players would stay. In fact, the more pragmatic among us would've encouraged it.

Don't conflate the online support as you call it, with the body politic though.

Naismith is thoroughly disliked amongst fans who wouldn't be seen dead messing about on social media or forums like this one.

Naismith was more than just a goal scorer. He was the players and fans player of the year in 2011 when we won 3 in a row. That team under Walter were outspent every transfer window for years and still had the mentality to keep getting results when it mattered.
not disagreeing with you mate, I just provided the goals v games stats

At his press conference. Questioning our mentality and saying we've been lucky when we were on a good run. If our senior players have any pride they should be itching to get it right up him.
what do you expect the hearts manager to say after seeing us drop points to two teams well below the quality of hearts?

Hearts will smell blood at the moment, very different from when they came to Ibrox a few weeks ago

What is frightening is how far we have fallen from the team that pumped them in that first half.

He's not saying anything that most fans aren't also saying. We don't have a winner mentality.
Opposition managers don't talk about other teams players.
It's a total lack of respect to our club, the manager and the players (no matter what some fans may think of them)

I don't think it's about appearing staunch. Naismith was seen as 'one of us'. On one of our worst days, when we were all hurting, he stood up in a press conference and said Rangers were dead, that we were a new club, and that he was off without trying to get us any money.

Now in retrospect he was obviously poorly advised re the legality of it all, and from I understand he regrets it, but it felt like a gut punch at the time. It was worse because it was him saying it. I struggle to forgive him because he didn't have to do it the way he did - Davis and McGregor left too, but they didn't make a big show and dance about it in the same way, and we even got money for Davis.

It's irrational and probably unfair, but I don't even judge Whittaker in the same way, even though he was part of that press conference. He was never a boyhood Rangers fan. There's an understandable feeling that a Rangers fan should have known better.

Will this type of goading ignite our players? I don’t think they are too bothered.
Out of all the highs and lows this group (our long standing leaders) have given us, my biggest low was when they couldn’t raise their game against Aberdeen, when Walter passed away.
Not sure many of the ‘leadership’ really get the badge.
How many times have we expected ‘a reaction’ and been let down?
Prove me wrong guys, please.

Let’s be brutally honest if a Hearts team canny put one over these Bunch of charlatans! They need to have a long hard like inside their dressing room. I’d be licking my lips if I was Shankland & co!
Wouldn't go that far, we still have far better players than them. This isn't a Rangers team with Holt, Halliday, Wilson and Kiernan.

Unlike recent games, hopefully we won't lose, or almost lose, a goal in the first minute on Sunday just to show Naismith our players have got the minerals for it...

No that’s true, it is a Rangers team that’s shat the bed again! I’ll be delighted to be proven wrong by the way. This week hasn’t filled me with confidence so time will tell!
No I agree, just wouldn’t go as far to say if hearts can’t beat this Rangers team. We’re still big favourites, all depends which version of us shows up.

Jeez, amigo. Amnesia?

Edu wanted and got a million pounds to leave.
The right way right enough.

At his press conference. Questioning our mentality and saying we've been lucky when we were on a good run. If our senior players have any pride they should be itching to get it right up him.
Let's be honest; there's an element of truth in what he said. Results were generally good for a decent spell, but I can't honestly say performances and the level of football was great.

I’ll listen to what he has to say after we pump them (which we will). I’ll never forget that wee bastard and his words.

He's a rat and a horrible one at that. He betrayed the badge and our club when it was in real trouble. No wonder he is running his mouth off now. We have given our enemies a huge stick to beat us with. Wait till the bheast wins the league and starts goading us. What might have been...

Time's been a healer for me as far as Naismith is concerned. I absolutely loved him as a player, and I was devastated by the way he left. I'll never like him again, but these days I don't have any ill will towards him about his press conference. None of us knew what was what at the time. I know my emotions were all over the place and I think Naismith would've been angry and hurting like we all were, and said some stupid things no doubt fed to him by his rat of an agent.

Our away support is back regularly filling the coffers of the clubs that actually tried to kill us off, so I find it a bit odd that people still have the energy to hate him for what he said. Walter got it wrong as well remember.

Naismith on the money.
If only our present team had half the “get into ‘em”attitude as Naisy did
when he graced Ibrox.

@JamboReid1874
Thoughts on Sunday mate, your team/support must fancy this?
Few I spoke to today are overly confident if I’m honest. Hard to see where a good Rangers performance is going to come from just now but our previous in games against you at Hampden doesn’t bode well.

If I had to guess, I’d say we might even take the lead and if your attack gets the finger out, lose by a slim margin.

The most absurd comment I’ve ever read on FF. What a drama Queen you are.

Few I spoke to today are overly confident if I’m honest. Hard to see where a good Rangers performance is going to come from just now but our previous in games against you at Hampden doesn’t bode well.

If I had to guess, I’d say we might even take the lead and if your attack gets the finger out, lose by a slim margin.
Will be a very close game Jambo. I see it going to extra time imo.

Back