Never seen a ball boy sent off before.

Know one of his neighbours, he’s 100% a Celtic fan and whole family are rabid. Posted this in a thread yesterday when the neighbour shared that she (no pics) knows him

From Renfrew (I’ll not mention the exact wee town)
Dots joining up now with @RenfrewshireTrueBlue defending him against the tide. Hope he was alright at playtime today mate.

I’m bored of this whole nonsense with ball boys. They are there to fetch the ball and give it back to the players, watching them sitting down and ignoring the ball when it is a throw to the away team is pathetic, and if that is how clubs want to play it then I would remove them completely. One wee ned acting up with Balogun is ridiculous, but they were all ignoring the ball when it was for us, so clearly it is an instruction from the club.

A wee fanny that would be applauded if it was for us in a game against a much bigger team.

Our ball boy throws the ball away from Vini Jnr at Ibrox then nobody bar yourself is acting morally outraged at this sheer act of thuggery.
It's not moral outrage - just a simple matter of being unimpressed with ignorant and classless behaviour.

Rangers is a club founded on values - one of which includes conducting yourself properly.

My viewpoint is that the ball boy's actions were very disrespectful on St Mirren's behalf and more. The match was going out live, nationwide on Sky and even further afield. Somewhat embarrassing for Scottish Premiership Football too that one of its premier clubs cannot instruct, control and influence a ball boys' actions.

Not just that it was towards a Rangers player but it is very disrespectful to any away team's players. I thought being chosen as a ball boy or ball girl was supposed to be prestigious. I wouldn't want a ball boy/ girl to behave like that at Ibrox.

Historically, what would Bill Struth have said about it if it happened at Ibrox in his era?

He threw the ball away when one of our lads was over to collect it for a throw in.

Ref stopped the game, signalled over then a woman came over with another kid and replaced him. He was placed next to the dugout
Balogun, who gave the kid a sarcastic handclap before his mum came to drag him away by the ear.

It does amuse me that you still get punks in Paisley.

I suppose being a ball boy kept him out of underpasses and glue bags, the little scamp!

It's comedy all the tut tutting and abusive FF posts aimed towards the wee guy are from grown men who would be in ecstacy if one of our ball boys done similar.
Not sure what evidence you have for that?

Most people here have made it quite clear that such behaviour is classless and unwelcome, irrespective of which teams are involved.

Not sure what evidence you have for that?

Most people here have made it quite clear that such behaviour is classless and unwelcome, irrespective of which teams are involved.
Most people would/are absolutely ham the outrage up at opposition ballboys but no such thought process if it were to happen by ours. It's the way of FF....

Jesus he chucked the ball a couple of yards away ok a bit frustrating as we want to get on with the game but hardly crime of the century, I am sure if a ball boy at Ibrox did that against the tims he would be lauded on here

Due to the total weak leadership shown by the league, this is now becoming a tactic for the wee teams, just as underinflating the balls is.

If the SPFL genuinely cared about the quality of the product then they'd hammer teams that are doing this, how hard would it be to implement a couple of minor rules to stop it? How amaeur does our league look when a ball goes out and there's a 30 second delay as ball boys time-waste on the instruction of the home club?

Noted also against Ross County when one of their players was clearly heard telling a ball boy "don't give him/them it".

Back