Podcast New Heart and Hand now out - It’s All About Belief

A small point made but probably needs more discussion as noticed myself, Butland has definitely not been coming for crosses as much as he was at the start of the season

It’s a trust thing. As Goldson’s form fell off and the defence looked leaky he’s naturally being a bit more conservative and staying back IMO.

It’s a trust thing. As Goldson’s form fell off and the defence looked leaky he’s naturally being a bit more conservative and staying back IMO.

I don't think it's a trust thing as such like you say on the show.

I think he's been instructed to stay on his line more by the manager.

Agree that he made a pigs ear of it yesterday. I think him rushing out also maybe causes Tav to stay inside for the cut back and then we saw what happened due to him changing his mind.

Enjoyable as always.

Not quite sure I’m on the same page as Andy when it comes to Lundstram though.

I don't think it's a trust thing as such like you say on the show.

I think he's been instructed to stay on his line more by the manager.

Agree that he made a pigs ear of it yesterday. I think him rushing out also maybe causes Tav to stay inside for the cut back and then we saw what happened due to him changing his mind.
That's your opinion mate but I don't think any manger worth their salt would say such a stupid thing.

I think Davie is spot on with his assessment.

That's your opinion mate but I don't think any manger worth their salt would say such a stupid thing.

I think Davie is spot on with his assessment.

A situation like that, no, but corners and free kicks it can certainly be a preference of the manager that the keeper stays on his line for more security.

Back