New UB Song

Thats an old song. I loved listening to it years ago. Don't think it would catch on. With it being slower. Can barely sing along together with other tunes

Love it.

This isn't strictly a UB song, although they've obviously started singing it. I remember hearing it when we were down the divisions, pretty sure the original is on YouTube.

To the tune of Caledonia by Dougie MacLean.

Hope it catches on.
Yep, 2013 ish IIRC

Was a regularly belted out then and in subsequent year or two

I remember it too from late 90s onwards from time to time. The wee guys with the fuckin drum don’t have the credit for this one ;) :D

Played the original song at my Grandads funeral. He lived in England and was too sick towards the end so was tough realising he wouldn’t see Scotland again. When he passed it felt suitable now that he could finally head home.

Hearing a Rangers edition has made me well up.

Hope it catches on, I’ll be belting this one out.

Glad they are taking this on. That is an anthem in the making.

50,000 in unison…make it happen.
Our fans have to be some of the worst for singing songs in unison and in time (it’s not a race people) so something as wordy and lengthy as this is IMO never going to take off

Yep, 2013 ish IIRC

Was a regularly belted out then and in subsequent year or two

I remember it too from late 90s onwards from time to time. The wee guys with the fuckin drum don’t have the credit for this one ;) :D
I take it the words were different in the 90’s?

I like it and the more I hear it the more I like it.

Verse is a bit too wordy tbh I can see it being binned and the chorus being sung over and over

Cracking tune. Penned by a poster on here I believe

It was the poster Robert California who doesn't appear to be on here anymore. He penned the lyrics and Bobby Parks recorded it.

Definitely one to get going among the wider support. Hope it sticks this time around.

Back