Newcastle United takeover confirmed

Huge club , and i'd like to see them survive in the EPL, it's gonna be a tough gig though, lots of uncertainty in the current playing squad, knowing they're probably on their way out... can they stay in the race until the january window opens.... ?
I’d imagine the new regime will have offered very handsome bonuses to the current squad should Newcastle stay up.

Not good for football.

The smaller clubs will suffer including ourselves.

They’ll spend spend spend and it will drive the price up of every player.

Clubs like ourselves will be increasingly priced out of players.

Perhaps.

It’s difficult to imagine Newcastle becoming title challengers, given their lowly league position right now.

But they will be. But it’ll take time. They won’t be transformed in one or even two transfer windows.

Two years from now? Wouldn’t be surprised to see them back in the Champions League.

Having said that, that would mean displacing one of Man City, Man Utd, Liverpool or Chelsea from the top 4. Hard to imagine.
So its hard to imagine something that wouldn’t surprise you? B-D

Huge club , and i'd like to see them survive in the EPL, it's gonna be a tough gig though, lots of uncertainty in the current playing squad, knowing they're probably on their way out... can they stay in the race until the january window opens.... ?
Need to get rid of Bruce ASAP. New manager in and get a few wins before the January window.

Problem is, do they get a caretaker in for the rest of the season or try get the man they want for the next few years in now?

I've just read the Private Eye - 15th - 28th October edition # 1558 titled 'Loany Toons' part of the 'In the City' section

It mentions Amanda Staveley took a loan from Mike Ashley's St. James Holdings (which owned NUFC at the time) in April 2020

I can't pretend I fully understand all the details it then goes into - but this just seems like another highly questionable aspect of the entire fiasco to me

( I know PE isn't exactly everyone's cup of tea & I'm not always a fan myself - but it has got a record of uncovering obscure truths & bringing dubious behaviour to public attention long before the more established outlets do )

Back