Next season away allocations MyGers discussion

That’s my issue they are making an additional 2M per season and not underpinning that extra revenue with the resource to manage it efficiently.
2M a year and in return we are getting a ticket office you can’t phone and an unwillingness to pay for certain things that would tighten up the scheme.
Such as % ticket checks with ID for domestic and pick up with ID when away in Europe.
It’s more than 2 million when you consider the extra revenue. The purpose of it is to reduce the shortfall in income we can make through ticketing (due to capacity) and sees money directed towards the first team

Realistically how do you propose collection for away games would work? 12pm kick off in Aberdeen and an allocation of 1600. Do you think Aberdeen police would be happy having 1600 Rangers fans having to turn up 3/4 hours before kick off to ensure they can collect their ticket ok, for example?

It’s more than 2 million when you consider the extra revenue. The purpose of it is to reduce the shortfall in income we can make through ticketing (due to capacity) and sees money directed towards the first team

Realistically how do you propose collection for away games would work? 12pm kick off in Aberdeen and an allocation of 1600. Do you think Aberdeen police would be happy having 1600 Rangers fans having to turn up 3/4 hours before kick off to ensure they can collect their ticket ok, for example?
No but a % could say 10% random checks?
The current system is a free for all and it might reduce applicants to those that actually want to go.
Ross County away recently and say 15k applicants, I’d guess the numbers that would actually be willing to get their arse up to Dingwall for a noon KO would be between 3 and 5 thousand tops.
Discouraging the large number that apply to pass on needs to happen so that the genuine regular away support have more chance.
2 examples I know off
1/ A Gold MYGERS member that applied for every game but has vowed never to step foot in an away ground ever again after our demotion.
His call but he has had 4 tickets this year and every one has been passed to guys that aren’t even in Mygers

2/ Again a guy that only moved into Gold in the last update by a few points mainly as he bought and passed on his Benfica ticket.
Because he’s just moved into Gold he ends up with Hearts which he is giving to someone that has no season ticket and has been to one game all season.

Sorry but if Rangers want to call it a loyalty scheme it needs some safeguards to make it that.

No but a % could say 10% random checks?
The current system is a free for all and it might reduce applicants to those that actually want to go.
Ross County away recently and say 15k applicants, I’d guess the numbers that would actually be willing to get their arse up to Dingwall for a noon KO would be between 3 and 5 thousand tops.
Discouraging the large number that apply to pass on needs to happen so that the genuine regular away support have more chance.
2 examples I know off
1/ A Gold MYGERS member that applied for every game but has vowed never to step foot in an away ground ever again after our demotion.
His call but he has had 4 tickets this year and every one has been passed to guys that aren’t even in Mygers

2/ Again a guy that only moved into Gold in the last update by a few points mainly as he bought and passed on his Benfica ticket.
Because he’s just moved into Gold he ends up with Hearts which he is giving to someone that has no season ticket and has been to one game all season.

Sorry but if Rangers want to call it a loyalty scheme it needs some safeguards to make it that.
I would agree with a % being collection for European games but for domestic aways it’s completely unworkable. Even 10% of an away game, for Aberdeen or Ross county that would be 140 to 160 tickets needing collected at the stadium. How does that work for people travelling on supporters buses? Has the full bus got to be there 90min earlier than otherwise would’ve needed to just so 1 person can collect a ticket?

Also, how strict do you propose checks are? If each persons checks take upwards of 1minute per person, you would need at least 3 club staff for the smaller allocations and even more for those we get 4000+ at

For the interest of fairness, do you think the club should do spot checks at Ibrox to ensure people have attended the games and not just bought their ticket to not attend, or got a friend to scan them in? Home cup and home friendly games are both examples where people buy their ticket purely to bank the points. Why is this issue not raised more frequently as people could be gaining 20+ points a season without actually attending, done with the purpose of keeping themselves ahead of others.

The reason this above scenario would never happen is the club rely on the income too much ^

I would agree with a % being collection for European games but for domestic aways it’s completely unworkable. Even 10% of an away game, for Aberdeen or Ross county that would be 140 to 160 tickets needing collected at the stadium. How does that work for people travelling on supporters buses? Has the full bus got to be there 90min earlier than otherwise would’ve needed to just so 1 person can collect a ticket?

Also, how strict do you propose checks are? If each persons checks take upwards of 1minute per person, you would need at least 3 club staff for the smaller allocations and even more for those we get 4000+ at

For the interest of fairness, do you think the club should do spot checks at Ibrox to ensure people have attended the games and not just bought their ticket to not attend, or got a friend to scan them in? Home cup and home friendly games are both examples where people buy their ticket purely to bank the points. Why is this issue not raised more frequently as people could be gaining 20+ points a season without actually attending, done with the purpose of keeping themselves ahead of others.

The reason this above scenario would never happen is the club rely on the income too much ^
Let’s be honest home games apart from one anyone that wants a ticket can get one if they are in Mygers and I can’t remember many threads on here bemoaning the lack of availability for Livi at Ibrox.
Away’s are the issue everyone has, so do we just ignore the blatant abuse of the system?

I realise it’s supply and demand and the demand when we are successful is related.
It does however annoy the hell out of me all the talk of “loyalty scheme” “closed shop” and “buying into gold”.
I remember freezing down in Annan on Jan 2, when we really should have been facing the mhanks. Circumstances had sent us down there instead. There was no need for a loyalty scheme then. As is often said in derogatory terms in these threads. It was “the same old faces” I’ve seen domestic away and European away for many years.

So forgive me for getting riled when I hear all this talk about fairs fair and let’s all go into one big ballot and take what we get.
Sorry but I’ve earned the position I have in MyGers by following over many years. I started in gold because of history in travel club and I’ve continued going to every available game. I don’t sell tickets on. I don’t buy for points. If I buy add on, it’s because I want to. I have RTV and supported the Edmiston development. As I have also supported everything before MyGers was a glint in marketing’s eye. My Blue Heaven as an example.
I believe the majority in Gold are of similar history in supporting our club. So please maybe before you post things about closed shops and people only accumulating points by any means necessary. Just stop to think of
those of us who are in this position are because of our support over the years.
It may be selfish but I do believe CatA should be same criteria as European games.

Let’s be honest home games apart from one anyone that wants a ticket can get one if they are in Mygers and I can’t remember many threads on here bemoaning the lack of availability for Livi at Ibrox.
Away’s are the issue everyone has, so do we just ignore the blatant abuse of the system?
Home games are relevant as people are banking points that helps them maintain their lead over people who actually attend.

Do you accept that’s an issue?

Home games are relevant as people are banking points that helps them maintain their lead over people who actually attend.

Everything where points are involved is an issue but people only care if affects them and most solutions only benefit the ones proposing them.

The club don't appear to have the inclination to do anything about it to prevent anything as they need the income from mygers and as it progresses people will drop out once it becomes clear they get very little out of it.

There will be some supporters who will empty there wallets into anything the club comes up with but I'd guess a lot are in it for what they get out of it, I know our memberships are based on that.

Since mygers started Away tickets are now minimal for lower tiers, Hampden won't go far below mid silver and CCCS for big games and euro aways are gold/high silver for most before a first come first served if there is one.

We have added into that going forward that home games against them are unlikely to go on sale, Champions League group games probably won't go on sale and knockout games will be difficult.

Then we have the unknown factor of how it all settles down once we are on mygers only seasons without historic points. The club need the money from the silver and bronze members more than the small percentage in gold who will likely join anyway because of the current benefits.

Rangers accept that people may not be able to go to a game that’s why they have seatsub if the club have no issue either do I.
For cup games if you want a Hampden ticket you are pretty much forced into CCS and yes some will buy and can’t go for various reasons.
Thus and what happens with aways imo are no way comparable and going by the lack if threads on here compared to one after every away ballot it looks like most think this way.

Everything where points are involved is an issue but people only care if affects them and most solutions only benefit the ones proposing them.

The club don't appear to have the inclination to do anything about it to prevent anything as they need the income from mygers and as it progresses people will drop out once it becomes clear they get very little out of it.

There will be some supporters who will empty there wallets into anything the club comes up with but I'd guess a lot are in it for what they get out of it, I know our memberships are based on that.

Since mygers started Away tickets are now minimal for lower tiers, Hampden won't go far below mid silver and CCCS for big games and euro aways are gold/high silver for most before a first come first served if there is one.

We have added into that going forward that home games against them are unlikely to go on sale, Champions League group games probably won't go on sale and knockout games will be difficult.

Then we have the unknown factor of how it all settles down once we are on mygers only seasons without historic points. The club need the money from the silver and bronze members more than the small percentage in gold who will likely join anyway because of the current benefits.
Correct and you address my point entirely.

If you’re going to go after the European games as being an issue, you need to also address the issue of people buying cup games but not attending

If you’re going to go after the domestic away game issue, then you need to address the issue of people scanning friends/family tickets in or those who buy friendly tickets but don’t go

If people are really serious about stopping the gaming of away tickets, would they support the club advising their official partners (I.e this forum) to advise secondary ticketing is no longer allowed? Away game emails are sent out every game and within 10minutes there’s tickets being sold online here. Quick enough to talk about RSCs being a racket but isn’t this the same thing?

Rangers accept that people may not be able to go to a game that’s why they have seatsub if the club have no issue either do I.
For cup games if you want a Hampden ticket you are pretty much forced into CCS and yes some will buy and can’t go for various reasons.
Thus and what happens with aways imo are no way comparable and going by the lack if threads on here compared to one after every away ballot it looks like most think this way.
They are comparable. People are buying tickets purely for the points knowing they won’t actually be going to the game and banking 5 points

Those 5 points keep them on a par with the fans who have actually attended the game. Therefore, how can you overtake people above you if they’ve bought the ticket, even if they don’t go?

You address the crux of the matter though - home cccs being a requirement for hampden. The club will never clamp down as they’ll lose revenue

Mygers is an absolute waste of time and money.
£100 on top of our season tickets between me and the laddie and we got one away game and that was a last minute drop of livi away tickets.
We got league cup semi final and final tickets... Just.
Got %^*& all for Scottish cup semi and prob won't get %^*& all for the final either.
Should go back to it being priority for season ticket holders that sign up to everything and away games you should be guaranteed a bare minimum of 3 or 4 at a push away games.

Too much admin for the club. Although I know some English clubs have started going down this route.
Too much hard work for the club but also unfair on other individuals, personal example is this silver member got 2 tickets this year, both at Dens Park, I didn’t expect much this year so 2 was a bonus.
I apply for all games like most others, not expecting one but for the point on offer, so the first one went to someone in my supporters club as I work nightshift and I couldn’t go.

For the second game at Dens guess what, 30 miles outside Dundee and the bus turns about due to that farce of a park, the ticket then goes to my supporters club as again I can’t make the midweek game.

So going by the picking up tickets and having identification in order to pick them up that would not have been possible if Rangers were checking for identification.

Do I think that mygers is fair, probably not but I think every supporter has the right to apply and attend away games regardless of their tier status, I apply for the piggery knowing that I won’t get it and do agree that there should be a higher percentage of gold members getting tickets for there but that shouldn’t mean that no bronze member is frozen out completely.

£100 on top of our season tickets between me and the laddie and we got one away game and that was a last minute drop of livi away tickets.
Got %^*& all for Scottish cup semi and prob won't get %^*& all for the final either.
Should go back to it being priority for season ticket holders that sign up to everything and away games you should be guaranteed a bare minimum of 3 or 4 at a push away games.
It would be 2 maximum if it was a rotational ballot like the old away cccs.

Also there’ll be 15000+ members above you who disagree regarding hampden because their purchase history gets them access to 50/50 split games

How about once you receive an away ticket you are no longer in any ballots until your turn comes round again. The fact some people are getting 6 away games in a season and some get zero is inherently unfair. This needs to stop.
It's meant to be like this within a tier.... it'd never happened though.

Correct and you address my point entirely.

If you’re going to go after the European games as being an issue, you need to also address the issue of people buying cup games but not attending

If you’re going to go after the domestic away game issue, then you need to address the issue of people scanning friends/family tickets in or those who buy friendly tickets but don’t go

If people are really serious about stopping the gaming of away tickets, would they support the club advising their official partners (I.e this forum) to advise secondary ticketing is no longer allowed? Away game emails are sent out every game and within 10minutes there’s tickets being sold online here. Quick enough to talk about RSCs being a racket but isn’t this the same thing?
They facebook groups are wild, folk with "spare tickets" posting photos of qr codes five minutes after the mygers sale has just started

They facebook groups are wild, folk with "spare tickets" posting photos of qr codes five minutes after the mygers sale has just started
Ticket office on here is the same, Dundee tickets went onsale the other day and they were on here straight away

A percentage of ticket collection with ID. Wether it's at Ibrox or at the fixture
Rangers will never facilitate pick up at the ground ,So for a ross county away game inverness & NE bears will have to go down to Glasgow to pick up tickets ? And that's before we talk about Northern Ireland bears ..... MyGers is like Var , fans only want it to benefit themselves

Where are Rangers supposed to produce the amount of tickets required for everyone signing up being guaranteed 3 or 4 away games mate?

It would simply be impossible to guarantee everyone that sort of amount now, due to the allocations we receive from other clubs.

I know we got a good few back in the day doing it the original CCCS way, but less were signed up then, and we got a LOT more tickets from away grounds over the course of a season than what we get now.

Sadly, the demand massively outstrips the supply in our case.

Any away ticket scheme is going to disappoint more people than it pleases. Simple numbers game. In my opinion those who have attained Gold MyGers status deserve a higher chance of getting a ticket, they’ve ploughed money and effort into the club over an extended period. That’s the point of a points based scheme, to reward longevity and loyalty. No issues with that. At the same time, I think other members should have some chance of getting away tickets so it’s not a closed shop and so that they can aspire to increasing their level within the scheme.

I’ve no idea how the club manages allocations but I would suggest an appropriate proportion that embraces all levels and gives Gold a higher chance than Silver and Bronze. For example, once the club has allocated a % of tickets to RSCs (vital this continues in my opinion) I think they should allocate the remaining MyGers allocation proportionately ie Gold 50%, Silver 30%, Bronze 20%. That would seem fair to me.

I dont’t have an agenda here. I’m Silver MyGers but I don’t travel up to away games and don’t register for them. In fact, I’ve no idea why I pay the MyGers tax at all as I don’t do CCCS either so semis and finals are not ever likely to happen for me.

Why did no one want ticket checks for domestic aways a few seasons ago?

Was it because we were shite?

This all day.

Also presume these guys who are asking were going to all the aways from 2012 all the way through the lower divisions when standing outside grounds with spares galore at times.

Nobody apart from those that are high gold/silver now I'd expect were asking for a 'loyalty' scheme then.

The ones I do feel for is the younger ones who could not go to the games during our demise so can't hit them with the same availability of tickets back then. Clearly a new generation wanting to go all the time.

I think people believe guys who go to away games every 2nd week (or whatever) tickets just fall into their laps. When you don't get a ticket through MYGERS do you travel anyway?. Some guys know MYGERS gives them nothing but still go to try and get. That's how it is and I think we've all been there standing waiting in hope or a call but some folk think paying this money to MYGERS......thats that no ticket.

I'd also add this RSC argument, 2nd bite at cherry etc. If it wasn't for RSCs the away support wouldn't be what it is now and the work that goes in to keep those afloat up n down the country. RSCs would argue the % they get is nowhere near what they deserve for all the years of service they've done for the travelling supporters. Those tickets are then allocated on each buses own loyalty scheme.

When we were on our knees if there was no RSCs god only knows what sort of travelling support we would have had. Maybe have a think before spouting the stuff about taking any % of allocation away from RSC.

This all day.

Also presume these guys who are asking were going to all the aways from 2012 all the way through the lower divisions when standing outside grounds with spares galore at times.

Nobody apart from those that are high gold/silver now I'd expect were asking for a 'loyalty' scheme then.

I think people believe guys who go to away games every 2nd week (or whatever) tickets just fall into their laps. When you don't get a ticket through MYGERS do you travel anyway?. Some guys know MYGERS gives them nothing but still go to try and get. That's how it is and I think we've all been there standing waiting in hope or a call but some folk think paying this money to MYGERS......thats that no ticket.

I'd also add this RSC argument, 2nd bite at cherry etc. If it wasn't for RSCs the away support wouldn't be what it is now and the work that goes in to keep those afloat up n down the country. RSCs would argue the % they get is nowhere near what they deserve for all the years of service they've done for the travelling supporters. Those tickets are then allocated on each buses own loyalty scheme.

When we were on our knees if there was no RSCs god only knows what sort of travelling support we would have had. Maybe have a think before spouting the stuff about taking any % of allocation away from RSC.
Well said mate

The amount registering is certainly an issue. I have only registered for domestic and euro aways that I could attend, as I believed that’s what the club tried to encourage. However with the new criteria for the upcoming Hearts game, I effectively eliminated myself from getting a ticket. I now see myself compounding the problem next year.
I apply for all domestic away games because I genuinely will go to any I get tickets for, but I get your point there'll be a fair few with no intention of going at all and just punting them.

High silver . 1 last year and 1 the year before. I always got hamdump. View it as a tax on them tickets.
That's exactly how I view MyGers tbh. Used to get Hampden just for ticking the right boxes, would usually get 2 away games or so a season as well. Now you need to pay your £40 for MyGers. It is what it is.

Any away ticket scheme is going to disappoint more people than it pleases. Simple numbers game. In my opinion those who have attained Gold MyGers status deserve a higher chance of getting a ticket, they’ve ploughed money and effort into the club over an extended period. That’s the point of a points based scheme, to reward longevity and loyalty. No issues with that. At the same time, I think other members should have some chance of getting away tickets so it’s not a closed shop and so that they can aspire to increasing their level within the scheme.

I’ve no idea how the club manages allocations but I would suggest an appropriate proportion that embraces all levels and gives Gold a higher chance than Silver and Bronze. For example, once the club has allocated a % of tickets to RSCs (vital this continues in my opinion) I think they should allocate the remaining MyGers allocation proportionately ie Gold 50%, Silver 30%, Bronze 20%. That would seem fair to me.

I dont’t have an agenda here. I’m Silver MyGers but I don’t travel up to away games and don’t register for them. In fact, I’ve no idea why I pay the MyGers tax at all as I don’t do CCCS either so semis and finals are not ever likely to happen for me.
What the club want imo is to make all aways top down without it impacting mygers numbers. Thats what they want but is it possible

Why did no one want ticket checks for domestic aways a few seasons ago?

Was it because we were shite?
Exactly, same old shite being spouted about RSC's too from the usual trolls.

Who was taking the bulk of the tickets for these games?

Who did the club turn to to move on unsold tickets when folk knocked back their Livingston and Killie CCCS tickets?

This all day.

The ones I do feel for is the younger ones who could not go to the games during our demise so can't hit them with the same availability of tickets back then. Clearly a new generation wanting to go all the time.

100% mate, well said.

What the club want imo is to make all aways top down without it impacting mygers numbers. Thats what they want but is it possible
Can't see it changing to top down, at the recent fans forum they said that the old firm tickets might not even be a gold only ballot next year.

Back