Nice one Cyriel

Number 9 for Rangers scoring goals for fun…

Goal number 20 of the season for Dessers.

He’s no world beater and can’t see him being the long term answer but he’s now got 20 goals for the season.

20 goals and 8 assists in 49 games (Transfermarkt stats + todays game)

Anyone else notice the St Mirren defender hitting the floor as the ball comes across to look for a free kick. ?

Number 9 for Rangers scoring goals for fun…

Goal number 20 of the season for Dessers.

He’s no world beater and can’t see him being the long term answer but he’s now got 20 goals for the season.

20 goals and 8 assists in 49 games (Transfermarkt stats + todays game)

If he played for them they would be speaking about selling him for millions. For us if he doesn't score every game he's rotten.

Yeah we won’t now, we could have had him before Aberdeen did if our recruitment was better, so I fail to see how that’s a poor suggestion? He’s literal proof that there are better strikers available for far less money if you do your homework. Morelos was also a better player and cost £1m.

“You don’t know for certain”. It’s a high probability though isn’t it? I mean let’s use a bit of common sense here, he plays for a rank rotten Aberdeen side and has shown himself to be the type of player who only needs one chance to score, and that includes scoring against the strongest sides in the league. Dessers on the other hand has shown himself to be the opposite of that in that he needs multiple opportunties to score. And that’s already bitten us on the arse this season.

Why dont you tell us what makes you confident that Dessers is the best we could have done for what was a substantial outlay. 4.5 million bangers, that’s a lot of money.
At no point have I said he's the best we could have got for that money, it was you who said we could have got a lot more from other players while playing far less

You then mention miovski who would cost us more.

Dessers has now scored more than Morelos managed in 4/6 seasons for us but you seem incessant to talk him down on a thread praising him but crack on.

We’re all correct to have reservations about Dessers, but his mentality is spot on, and he can look himself in the mirror knowing he’s contributed to the team this season.

Many more than Dessers have let us down, and it’s those players who have cost us.

Some folk just can’t let it go and give him any credit, as they are too stubborn.
It’s his misses against Celtic it was the same with Sakala but how many chances did Boyd and Super miss and go look at Ally’s first season goal tally less than Dessers now I’m not saying he’s as good as McCoist but it’s his first year foreign country think he deserves a bit of slack

I think most of us agree that we need better than Dessers and I’m not convinced Danilo is that man, but I dread to think where we’d be without him this season.
I have similar fears about Danilo. But Dessers we could have had another striker who could just as easily have taken the same number of chances he has. It’s not like if we didn’t have him we’d have to play with 10 men. He’s not clinical, so it’s not unreasonable to think other strikers would have offered the at as much.

This supposes a vaccuum with us not playing with another player in his position. The problem with Dessers (for the umpteenth time) is his missing. And that has cost us when things have been tight.
We've played with Roofe in his position and Silva and been considerably worse. He has stepped up when things have been tight as per above. As call as bad as your spelling of vacuum :)

To be fair to Dessers, the boy always gives a 100% effort and doesn’t get disheartened if he misses a chance or two. He's had the pressure of being the only 'real striker' in the team for months, as since he arrived, Silva's spent most of his time doing what Silva does best, which appears to be very little. I appreciate people will disagree, but Silva a £35,000,000 Striker, sorry, but no chance, I think that fee's long gone . It would be great to see Dessers up front with another decent striker alongside him who would put the effort in and who could support each other, maybe then Dessers would be able to show more, as the guy's definitely no lazy. He's definitely happy at Rangers, so hopefully next season will be even better for him and us. Will he be the main striker next season, probably not, but whoever is, they can't do it on their own.

I have similar fears about Danilo. But Dessers we could have had another striker who could just as easily have taken the same number of chances he has. It’s not like if we didn’t have him we’d have to play with 10 men. He’s not clinical, so it’s not unreasonable to think other strikers would have offered the at as much.
All strikers miss chances though, especially at the level we can afford. I’m not saying we can’t get better - I’d be worried if we couldn’t - but he’s definitely a much better option than most continue to give him credit for.

At no point have I said he's the best we could have got for that money, it was you who said we could have got a lot more from other players while playing far less

You then mention miovski who would cost us more.

Dessers has now scored more than Morelos managed in 4/6 seasons for us but you seem incessant to talk him down on a thread praising him but crack on.
Why are you talking about where Miovski is now though? You have to understand I’m not saying he’d be cheaper here and now. Why would you even question me on this unless you genuinely believe there aren’t more Miovski’s out there right now in smaller leagues available for less than the relative King’s ransom we paid for Dessers. By the way, Furuhashi cost them about the same as what we paid for Dessers, another one for you to think on.

That’s great you think Dessers is a better player than Morelos though. I guess at least thats enough for me to know it’s not really worth discussing with you. And you can’t blame fans for not being overly enthusiastic about him when he’s spurned numerous chances that will in all likelihood prove very costly when it’s all said and done. That Dundee game was probably the final nail in our coffin and the less said about his exploits up there the better, and that’s not a game where people can say he didn’t have the chances.

Why are you talking about where Miovski is now though? You have to understand I’m not saying he’d be cheaper here and now. Why would you even question me on this unless you genuinely believe there aren’t more Miovski’s out there right now in smaller leagues available for less than the relative King’s ransom we paid for Dessers. By the way, Furuhashi cost them about the same as what we paid for Dessers, another one for you to think on.

That’s great you think Dessers is a better player than Morelos though. I guess at least thats enough for me to know it’s not really worth discussing with you. And you can’t blame fans for not being overly enthusiastic about him when he’s spurned numerous chances that will in all likelihood prove very costly when it’s all said and done. That Dundee game was probably the final nail in our coffin and the less said about his exploits up there the better, and that’s not a game where people can say he didn’t have the chances.
All fine and well naming players that are here and came cheaper but it was you who said we could sign better players for cheaper, give us some names?

It's not just dessers fault we fecked up the dundee game, he has three attacking players behind him who don't create or score enough. At least dessers is doing what strikers should

You don't like dessers, I get it but he is far from the major problem this season. Others need to offering more i.e. mccausland, Silva, cantwell for starters.

If he had taken the chances in the games that mattered over the season we would have buried the filth by now.
All this crap about you just have to roll with him and accept he has limited ability but scores every now and again doesn't wash with me. He's utter dug shite.
Somebody had to say it.

I'll give him his due, he's always able to get in great positions which is a rare skill in itself. A lot of strikers lack that knack and never get the chance in the first place.

A winning goal against them in SC final and I suspect opinions on him would change greatly.

He needs it.

Goal record outwith those games is more than decent but sadly he's missed huge chances in games that went against us a few times this year so is easy scapegoat.

I think we'll recoup our money on the summer he's not good enough and is never going to improve he can't be trusted when it counts

He done well today, his goals should help get the fee we spent on him back this summer. He’s not good enough to be the main striker, isn’t clinical enough, 20 goals in all competitions isn’t good enough for our main striker when hes played nearly 50 games and only scored 20.

Without Dessers we'd have been out of Europe before Christmas, and both cups and be well out of the League by now. He's scored vital goal after vital goal.
Why, would we just have played with 10 men. Big man is a trier, but McCoist or Boyd or any other competent striker would have been in the forties by now.

Why, would we just have played with 10 men. Big man is a trier, but McCoist or Boyd or any other competent striker would have been in the forties by now.
We don't have McCoist or Boyd, strange retort

What next? If only we played Laudrup we'd have won the Europa League?

We've played with Roofe and Silva there and not got nearly the same output. That isn't 10 men.

Without Dessers 20 goals, which is a very good return we'd have been out of Europe pre Christmas likely not won the League Cup, be in the final of the Scottish cup and we'd be miles behind in the league. His vital goals in all competitions, as demostafed above are an absolutely key reason we are.

Last edited:
Don't disagree , but what I am saying is that I don't think spending £4 million upwards for Lawrence Shankland in January would have left us better off.

It wouldn't have. For a start, he was pivotal in taking 3 points from Celtic a few weeks ago.

On top of that, Ross County and Dundee, we created nothing so I don't see where he gets his goals there and against Celtic, Dessers had a good game.

Last edited:
If the full team had done their jobs as well as Dessers has, we'd be in front in the league.

He's not perfect, and maybe we expected too much for what we paid, but he's shown up. Presumably he was intended to be backup for Danilo, I'm not sure.

It wouldn't have. For a start, he was pivotal in taking 3 points from Celtic a few weeks ago.

On top of that, Ross County and Dundee, we created nothing so I don't see where he gets his goals there and against Celtic, Dessers had a good game.
Well that’s just wrong. He misses a sitter at 1-0

Without Dessers we'd have been out of Europe before Christmas, and both cups and be well out of the League by now. He's scored vital goal after vital goal.

He might not be easy on the eye at times and has many haters on here, but without him We'd in big trouble.

Vital goals against Servette and Betis in the Europa.

Both goals in the Semi Vs Hearts in the Scottish Cup.

Vital goal Vs Morton in the League Cup.

In the league we'd have dropped points in numerous games, including today, last time out Vs St Mirren, Ross County at home, Motherwell at home off the top of my head as he's scored vital goals in all of those.

But we still get people doubling down.
I bloody love him, there ye go

Frustrating player. 1 minute you love him, the next you want to throttle him. Think it was heart and gand that said something along the lines of him being too nice and he needs to get angry, rather than brushing off a miss, he needs to get pissed off about it.

He might not be easy on the eye at times and has many haters on here, but without him We'd in big trouble.

Vital goals against Servette and Betis in the Europa.

Both goals in the Semi Vs Hearts in the Scottish Cup.

Vital goal Vs Morton in the League Cup.

In the league we'd have dropped points in numerous games, including today, last time out Vs St Mirren, Ross County at home, Motherwell at home off the top of my head as he's scored vital goals in all of those.

But we still get people doubling down.
I could well have typed this and took the shit I worry you'll take for it. But for me, good post mate.

I’ve never wanted a Rangers striker to score the winner against those cunts to win us the League and Cup so much as big Cyriel and I’ve seen our best since the 60’s. Just do it Cyriel please!!!!

This place is so bipolar.

Thread up a few weeks ago after county and he’d missed a sitter that he’s awful, scores an open goal and he’s brilliant. Been a repeat all season.

Be another thread up before the end of the season when he’s anonymous against Celtic.

Be delighted when he goes in the summer.

I think he is absolutely garbage. My blood pressure is through the roof watching the clown.

His constant wrestling with jobber defenders instead of getting in about it kills me.

His cheat runs “closing down” defenders fools no one.

His inevitable thumbs up every time he makes an arse of a chance / move into the space he should be in. See the mad effort today in 2nd half where he dragged a shot and he nearly hit the corner flag.

His smiles after the umpteenth sitter missed is well documented.

To put it kindly, I’m not a fan. His goal today masks another embarrassing performance.

Make you greet the standard of the 3 “strikers” signed in the summer.

I think he is absolutely garbage. My blood pressure is through the roof watching the clown.

His constant wrestling with jobber defenders instead of getting in about it kills me.

His cheat runs “closing down” defenders fools no one.

His inevitable thumbs up every time he makes an arse of a chance / move into the space he should be in. See the mad effort today in 2nd half where he dragged a shot and he nearly hit the corner flag.

His smiles after the umpteenth sitter missed is well documented.

To put it kindly, I’m not a fan. His goal today masks another embarrassing performance.

Make you greet the standard of the 3 “strikers” signed in the summer.

His goal turned 1 point into 3.

I’ve backed him to the hilt since day 1.

Not giving up yet! Think he more than has his place but we do need another striker or 2 regardless
We already have another striker, Danilo, who hasn't been available throughout the bulk of the season. I expect Danilo and Dessers to be the main strikers next season as we need to improve other areas of the team and have already committed several million towards Diomande.

God help us if that’s the case.
During the commentary today, it was stated that the last season in which 2 players have scored 20 goals before this one was 2015-16. During his last 3 seasons with us Morelos never got to 20 goals. Danilo was showing himself to be a capable striker before injury and Dessers has now reached 20 goals. Why would you say "god help us"?

Back