Nick Walsh on Sunday

Walsh in the middle at Paisley on Sunday with Robertson on VAR and Connor as one of the linesmen. They have appointed Beaton to referee the Celtic game at Dundee. And so it goes on.
What goes on?

Fifa listed officials being appointed to the games involving the title chasing teams at the business end of the season?

We don't have anyone else

Expect to see Walsh/Collum/Beaton/Robertson/Clancy as the likely 5 who do both ours and their post split games. They're the top rated experienced officials in the country...

What goes on?

Fifa listed officials being appointed to the games involving the title chasing teams at the business end of the season?

Expect to see Walsh/Collum/Beaton/Robertson/Clancy as the likely 5 who do both ours and their post split games. They're the top rated experienced officials in the country...
You forgot McLean oops sorry your right he's not a ref

You forgot McLean oops sorry your right he's not a ref
I didn't, I'd be surprised if we saw him again this season

Clancy for Parkhead
Collum for the Cup Final and one other, probably Killie at Ibrox
Walsh at the weekend
Beaton and Robertson the others

Every ref we or they get will be shite. Theres obviously a couple like Clancy who hate us and love them, but by and large they’ve all had good games and all had bad games. We think the refs all biased against us and they think the refs are all for us.

We can carry on getting wound up about the refs until we’re blue in the face, nothing is going to change. There won’t be a single match where our fanbase will be happy with the refereeing team because the pool to select from is so small, and they’re all very poor.

If it makes anyone feel any better I’m sure they are raging with their appointment.

Defend properly, create chances, take them. Who was the ref today?

Every ref we or they get will be shite. Theres obviously a couple like Clancy who hate us and love them, but by and large they’ve all had good games and all had bad games. We think the refs all biased against us and they think the refs are all for us.

We can carry on getting wound up about the refs until we’re blue in the face, nothing is going to change. There won’t be a single match where our fanbase will be happy with the refereeing team because the pool to select from is so small, and they’re all very poor.
Christ only knows why that mob think they’re victimised.

They’ve had nothing to greet about since the head kick sending off and even that was absurdity personified.

The countless ones they get in their favour fly over their heads and are instantly forgotten.

What they demand is EVERY decision goes for them.
They’re nearly there.

Seriously, can we please fucking get some referees in from abroad?
It wasn't so long ago, yesterday ,that you seemed to be dismissive of the idea of any major problems.Indeed you were quite scathing of the idea.
Why the change ?

"This patter is horrendous. Did we not used to laugh at the Tims for all of their tin foil hat conspiracies?

It wasn't so long ago, yesterday ,that you seemed to be dismissive of the idea of any major problems.Indeed you were quite scathing of the idea.
Why the change ?

"This patter is horrendous. Did we not used to laugh at the Tims for all of their tin foil hat conspiracies?
The only major problem is our referees are utterly incompetent.

The thing I am ‘dismissive’ of is the farcical notion that there is some exclusively pro-Celtic agenda among our referees.

Tbf our players and club has resources wildly above the rest of the league clubs our guys need to be on it and we take the points .

I do accept tho officials influence games but if we are really on it then that seems unlikely to be that significant

What goes on?

"Top rated in the Country." Don't make me laugh!

"We don't have anyone else". Says a lot about the state of the Officials in Scottish Football.

Also, you have seen how they appear to referee the Scum games?

"Top rated in the Country." Don't make me laugh!

"We don't have anyone else". Says a lot about the state of the Officials in Scottish Football.

Also, you have seen how they appear to referee the Scum games?
Please do enlighten me with what referees in the country are ranked higher than those 5…

Please do enlighten me with what referees in the country are ranked higher than those 5…
They may be ranked highly in Scottish Footbal but that doesn't mean they are any good. As you said, there's nobody else.
So, yes, they are dross, ranked higher than the dross below them.
Do you trust them to officiate a game involving Celtic fairly?

They may be ranked highly in Scottish Footbal but that doesn't mean they are any good. As you said, there's nobody else.
So, yes, they are dross, ranked higher than the dross below them.
Do you trust them to officiate a game involving Celtic fairly?
I don’t peddle to any myths or fantasies

I agree, they’re bot particularly good

But I’d rather have the better dross, than the complete dross of Muir, Anderson, McLean or MacDermaid

You're happy with Clancy, Collum, Robertson?

Jeez.
I’m accepting of the fact that with two teams going to the wire chasing the title, that both those teams will see the experienced senior officials do their games…

I’d be happy with Clement Turpin, Daniele Orsato or Danny Makkellie

But we’re not going to get them…

So yes; if it means I don’t have to see Anderson or Muir in particular, I’d rather have them

What goes on?

Clancy is no longer a Fifa listed referee

I’m accepting of the fact that with two teams going to the wire chasing the title, that both those teams will see the experienced senior officials do their games…

I’d be happy with Clement Turpin, Daniele Orsato or Danny Makkellie

But we’re not going to get them…

So yes; if it means I don’t have to see Anderson or Muir in particular, I’d rather have them
You'd rather have them?
Hmm.........ok.

The only major problem is our referees are utterly incompetent.

The thing I am ‘dismissive’ of is the farcical notion that there is some exclusively pro-Celtic agenda among our referees.
Our referees know the rules just fine.They also know how to bend them and when to ignore them.Their decisions although they resemble incompetence can't be explained by mere incompetence alone.
I think it's farcical not to consider that there are exclusively pro celtic referees.
Your replying to the OPs post and it's central premise doesn't involve any evaluation of competence (and so it goes on) so it appears as if you were in part agreeing but thanks for clarifying your view.

You may have overlooked that Connor was mentioned in the opening post. Just seems a bit odd that the referee, VAR official and one of the linesman all have a preference for our closest rivals. Robertson may be a highly ranked VAR official but it is unlikely. Anyway, guess we will just have to wait and see what happens on Sunday and the officials have little influence on the outcome

You may have overlooked that Connor was mentioned in the opening post. Just seems a bit odd that the referee, VAR official and one of the linesman all have a preference for our closest rivals. Robertson may be a highly ranked VAR official but it is unlikely. Anyway, guess we will just have to wait and see what happens on Sunday and the officials have little influence on the outcome
Connor, McFarlane, McGeachie, Potter, Roome... who all get named as suspect linesmen, are all also FIFA listed

Folk have issues and conspiracy theories, fine, but at the end of the day these guys have that badge because they're the best in the country

The best in the country are going to do the important games at the tail end of the season in a close run title battle

It's not a conspiracy...

Walsh in the middle at Paisley on Sunday with Robertson on VAR and Connor as one of the linesmen. They have appointed Beaton to referee the Celtic game at Dundee. And so it goes on.
It's unbelievable. Robertson is involved in every game that counts.

My prediction is that when the second coming of Jesus Christ arrives he will be an SFA approved referee thus guaranteeing a crucifixion of him when his second coming shift is up.

Connor, McFarlane, McGeachie, Potter, Roome... who all get named as suspect linesmen, are all also FIFA listed

Folk have issues and conspiracy theories, fine, but at the end of the day these guys have that badge because they're the best in the country

The best in the country are going to do the important games at the tail end of the season in a close run title battle

It's not a conspiracy...
If you are happy with a guy like Frank Connor on the grounds of his wearing a badge that is fine. There are a few other people like myself who base their reservations on his performances when involved with Rangers matches. Guess that we just see things differently.

If you are happy with a guy like Frank Connor on the grounds of his wearing a badge that is fine. There are a few other people like myself who base their reservations on his performances when involved with Rangers matches. Guess that we just see things differently.
I haven't once used the word happy...

I have however suggested "who do you want instead"

No-one can provide me an answer...

Like it or not, there is logic and reasoning, obviously available for why these guys are doing the games they are...

"but they're all pyoor cheats" doesn't really cut it as reasoning why they shouldn't IMO

Walsh has form at st mirren v us with selective blindness not wanting to give us a penalty and a red card for st mirren player.
Really is just another incompetent cheat. One of plenty in Scottish football.

Walsh has form at st mirren v us with selective blindness not wanting to give us a penalty and a red card for st mirren player.
Really is just another incompetent cheat. One of plenty in Scottish football.
Oh come on, they released the audio of that one…

It's not a conspiracy...
I have to say my friend that sounds like a very trusting and maybe naive post. I have been watching Rangers since 1967 when I was 10 years old. In the last 10 years I have really detected a situation where our games are not even close to being refereed even close to the laws of the game. The majority of refeeres are terrified to give us anything close to a fair decision in fear of upsetting Celtic and their media placemen on Liewell's payroll or their hordes of supporters who will take "direct action" by either harassing them or their families online, in public places like supermarkets, shopping arcades, schools, sports centres, leisure centres etc. Against this background, the vast majority of refeeres will simply choose the easy option and give us nothing and ensure they give everything to Celtic. This situation is also endorsed by around 80% of the supporters of all the other SPL clubs who in reality hate us far more than they love their own clubs. I am sure you are a decent fair minded human being, but I would be interested to hear hiw you felt able to dispute any of my assertions which are based on what I have observed by my own eyes. Please let me know your views on these points which I know you will answer with sincerity.

How did our game come to a point where it's not just the odd referee who's team is the scum, but they are out and out yahoo cheating provo fhilth!

Said it before, will say it again...We need bears to be flooding the top league as referees and linesman.

Maybe just for once this season we will have a weekend of no controversy with referees........Hey No Laughing at the back .Also they may as well make it interesting for us at the bookies .I wonder what price we would get for Frank Connor costing us something .On second thoughts the price would be no where near worth betting.

I’d imagine every teams fans forum post exactly the same stuff. :D

Quicker we have robotic/AI generated refs the better. :)

Every week...soooo tedious. Who do you think should be appointed to referee our games then?

What goes on?

Top rated by who?

Because it won't be Rangers fans.

Someone fair and unbiased?
I thought this, was an answer to the below…
Top rated by who?

Because it won't be Rangers fans.

In all seriousness, whilst they’re not going to the Euros, there’s some of them starting to make a little bit of progress in Europe… you’re not suggesting that a forum full of football fans who feel their team is hard done by from time to time is a better judge?

In the last couple of days, you yourself have demonstrated perfectly a lack of understanding of a nuanced part of refereeing

Folk shout “let’s uses foreign refs” it’s not going to happen. It happens in very very few countries across the world. What folk can’t answer, is who would they rather have … they just revert back to “ah but they’re all cheats”

I thought this, was an answer to the below…

In all seriousness, whilst they’re not going to the Euros, there’s some of them starting to make a little bit of progress in Europe… you’re not suggesting that a forum full of football fans who feel their team is hard done by from time to time is a better judge?

In the last couple of days, you yourself have demonstrated perfectly a lack of understanding of a nuanced part of refereeing

Folk shout “let’s uses foreign refs” it’s not going to happen. It happens in very very few countries across the world. What folk can’t answer, is who would they rather have … they just revert back to “ah but they’re all cheats”

I watch what unfolds in front of my eyes and the nuanced part of refereeing isn't part of it.

Scottish referees, are either yahoo minded, cheating rats or some maybe our minded, who are compromised beyond belief, scared of what the press will do to them.

This naunced part of refereeing p1sh, tell me how it has been VAR who have had to intervene and award us the majority of our penalties this season when the referee has, in real time, refused to award them?

Naunced part of refereeing? You simply couldn't make it up. But fair play to you. You did.

Back