Nico Raskin

AndySG

Not saying he deserves to be starting. He’s been out of form for longer than he was in form. He seems completely out of favour under Clement, though, while near enough everyone else has seen the field. Do we think there’s a way back under Clement or is he on the first flight out of here?

He seems to be out of the picture for whatever reason.

Perhaps he is one well cash in on should an offer come in the summer

Looked good early doors but has completely fallen away this season and injuries haven't helped either.

Not convinced Clement rates him so it's 50/50 whether he remains beyond the summer.

Seriously think the few months he had not played at the end of his time at Standard Liege has hampered him.

Even last season he was picking up small injuries every few weeks and obviously this season he’s had a more serious one.

He’s a far better player than Clement is giving him credit for.

Other in midfield fail every time they play and are indulged with more and more games. Like Lawrence

Don’t see how he can be a mainstay next season if he can’t hold a place now.

We are throwing Lawrence and Dowell on ahead of him along with an out of form Lundstram. He couldn’t get a game when Diomande was out.

given how flat and devoid of energy we have been in midfield areas, that Raskin isn't getting game time points to him not being part of our managers plans going forward, to me looking in, he has no future at the club

Just don’t think he’s good enough. Can’t think of a full 90 mins where he’s been great. Had flashes in games but not enough.

Going forward if he’s not good enough just now then it’s unlikely he ever will be. This isn’t an incredible midfield he’s trying to break into.

If he can’t even get a start before duds like Lawrence and Dowell I don’t think he has any part of this team going forward.

He must be really bad in training.

He's had about two good games for us since signing, no way should he be trusted to start any game.

Needs a move in the summer and like Lammers I think going back home will see him thrive.

I honestly don’t think he has shown enough since we have signed him. I would be looking to move him on if offers came in for him. Only thing that might work in his favour would be that we are possibly losing Jack and Lundstram in the summer. I would however play him over Lawrence everyday if the week. Looks like Lawrence legs have gone

Look let’s face it’s he’s not very good and the manager and his right hand man will know him better that anyone else in our game up here, so let’s try and get some money back on him and look for better, bigger and more physically powerful individuals to replace him and Lundstram

Doesn't really seem to make any real impact in a game. Perhaps being in a team that mostly needs to win its games isn't ideal for a player of his level.

He rightly was awarded Man of the Match in Clement's very first game. Picked up an injury shortly after and has not got going again.

He showed good energy in his appearances last season but that’s really it. Everything else is bang average to be honest. A better option than others at the moment but not really making a case to start ahead of Lundstram, Dio or Sterling. Probably another one that should look to move on.

He’s a far better player than Clement is giving him credit for.

Other in midfield fail every time they play and are indulged with more and more games. Like Lawrence
You do understand when Lawrence plays it’s generally as a 10 and that isn’t Raskin’s position?

The issue with Raskin is he's not actually great at any of the midfield roles
He's not as tigerish out of possession as a Ryan jack, dujon sterling etc
He doesn't control the tempo like Davis
He's not very inventive going forward like Cantwell
I think he's suffered from not really finding his niche role in the centre of the park, and he's also unfortunately one of those lads who carries a wee bit too much weight at times like Alfie
If we could make a profit on him, it would be great business

Take no pleasure in saying it but he’s worse than the failing options we have currently in the middle.

Another who MUST go in the summer.

There’s absolutely a footballer in there, but he’s only got one more pre season to find it on a consistent basis.
There has been glimpses of a player, and tbh, i liked those enough to think he is a 'keep' for me. I also think he has the same profile as most of the players we will target under PC and Koppen, so he might then fit better within the squad.

I thought, maybe hoped is a better word, that his lack of playing time since he came back is down to fitness and not ability.

All that being said, i thought he had another 2 years. You are saying he only has one? With only one to go on his contract? I am not sure he has ever shown enough for an extension, we probably should be looking to sell in those circumstances.

I wonder how it will go for him. Another question mark over another player, great!

There has been glimpses of a player, and tbh, i liked those enough to think he is a 'keep' for me. I also think he has the same profile as most of the players we will target under PC and Koppen, so he might then fit better within the squad.

I thought, maybe hoped is a better word, that his lack of playing time since he came back is down to fitness and not ability.

All that being said, i thought he had another 2 years. You are saying he only has one? With only one to go on his contract? I am not sure he has ever shown enough for an extension, we probably should be looking to sell in those circumstances.

I wonder how it will go for him. Another question mark over another player, great!
He's contracted until 2027, so not sure where the 1 year thing is coming from.

I'd like to see him after he's had a very good pre-season. Think he looks unfit, much like many others in the team.

At the same time, not convinced he'll make it with us that if an offer came in we should probably just take it if it's half decent.

He's contracted until 2027, so not sure where the 1 year thing is coming from.

I'd like to see him after he's had a very good pre-season. Think he looks unfit, much like many others in the team.

At the same time, not convinced he'll make it with us that if an offer came in we should probably just take it if it's half decent.
Well that length of contract might just save his Rangers career, with the turn over of players required, he might get the chance to stay and provide some sort of continuity.

I guess that would come down to his showing during pre season and fitness. I think he should get the chance to have a pre season here under PC, if he does, i hope he grabs it by both hands.

He was a very fancied youngster. Not many with that profile, especially Europeans, are so adamant they want to come and play for Rangers. That has always stuck with me, his desire to come here and play for us. I would genuinely love it to work out for him, and in turn of course us.

The one thing I did like early doors is that when he got the ball he tended to look forwards rather than the backwards or sideways passes that were so common at the time

Back