Nico Raskin

He's played 26 games this season and can probably think of one or two good games he's had.
26?? Wow - if you’d asked me I’d have guessed 10-15.

Presumably all bar a handful were under Beale.
I think he’s been very poor when he has played. Thought he looked neat and tidy and quite tenacious last season but this year has been a passenger or worse a hindrance in most games I remember.

His problem is largely that he's not as good as Diomande.

He's also not physical enough or has the defensive nouse to play where Lundstrum plays. It was the big thing I noticed post injury that he'd lost his engine / ability to quickly cover as much ground as before.

Leaves him basically competing with Dowell & Lawrence for when Diomande is not available or subbed

And with reference to yesterday's game, Lawrence came on to play as the 10 so not really a surprise he got the nod over Raskin (even though Lawrence was god awful again)

There has been glimpses of a player, and tbh, i liked those enough to think he is a 'keep' for me. I also think he has the same profile as most of the players we will target under PC and Koppen, so he might then fit better within the squad.

I thought, maybe hoped is a better word, that his lack of playing time since he came back is down to fitness and not ability.

All that being said, i thought he had another 2 years. You are saying he only has one? With only one to go on his contract? I am not sure he has ever shown enough for an extension, we probably should be looking to sell in those circumstances.

I wonder how it will go for him. Another question mark over another player, great!
Apologies, no he has a couple of years at least but in reality, if he hasn’t nailed a spot in the first X1 in the next 12 months I would imagine he will be gone.

I'd like to think he'll be given a chance to sit in that midfield if Lundstram is off to Turkey. He needs a good pre-season though and to convince the manager he's worth holding on to.

He's been unfit and unable to keep pace for a long, long time.

Whether he's injured and unable to get fit or he's not applying himself and is therefore south of his best is debatable.

Given his nationality and combative playing style you'd think he would be a stick on for Clement, the fact he's a country mile away from the XI says it all.

Latest posts

Back