Non-Rangers Winter transfer thread 22/23

Didn't the guy who owns Nottingham Forest / Olympiakos do the same thing as well?

probably
its so murky and needs looked at
not talking about the sort of loose associations we've had with the likes of OC in the USA
owning 2 or more clubs outright

Sky reporting Zaniolo to Bournemouth possibly, 26 mil move.

Personally think he’d be best off staying at Roma

Apparently he doesn’t want to join Bournemouth, only wants to go to Milan. That’s according to Italian reports.

The red and black of Milan have pulled out because they can't match the offer from the red and black of Bournemouth. Could really have done with him to sort out their lack of quality on the right too. Another example of England being a Superleague in itself.

The red and black of Milan have pulled out because they can't match the offer from the red and black of Bournemouth. Could really have done with him to sort out their lack of quality on the right too. Another example of England being a Superleague in itself.
Milan:

Iconic and huge club
2nd in Serie A
Huge fanatical fanbase
CL next season

Bournemouth:

Small provincial club
Bottom 3 in EPL
Fanbase of about 10,000
Heading for The Championship

Ridiculous and sad why any player would pick Bournemouth over Milan.

Milan:

Iconic and huge club
2nd in Serie A
Huge fanatical fanbase
CL next season

Bournemouth:

Small provincial club
Bottom 3 in EPL
Fanbase of about 10,000

Decent payday for 6 months then likely a release clause for relegation

Gloukh to RB Salzburg for €7m. How serious was Rangers' interest in the summer?

Like Veerman, Skov Olsen and Evander, we'll have been aware and hoped for some sort of deal to be possible, but the finances involved made it impossible.

It seems to be getting more difficult to keep up as so many teams can just stockpile the promising young players.

On a slightly related note - I read yesterday that Celtic are losing a 16 year old to West Brom, someone the article suggested was rated highly. I figure there's no chance when a Chelsea, City, Munich or Liverpool come calling as we've seen with young Scottish players in recent years, but West Brom? They probably have cracking resources etc, but you'd think they'd be able to compete with them.

Like Veerman, Skov Olsen and Evander, we'll have been aware and hoped for some sort of deal to be possible, but the finances involved made it impossible.

It seems to be getting more difficult to keep up as so many teams can just stockpile the promising young players.

On a slightly related note - I read yesterday that Celtic are losing a 16 year old to West Brom, someone the article suggested was rated highly. I figure there's no chance when a Chelsea, City, Munich or Liverpool come calling as we've seen with young Scottish players in recent years, but West Brom? They probably have cracking resources etc, but you'd think they'd be able to compete with them.
Celtic seem to have abandoned a home grown youth policy under Flange. They've signed about 20 players since he arrived with only McCarthy as home grown. Their new signing in this window are all under 23 I think, so reduced pathway for youth.

Markets that were once attainable are becoming more and more expensive. Look at Sturm Graz — in the summer, they sold an 18-year-old who had played barely 20 games to Atalanta for €20 million.

It's the same with teams like Bodo/Glimt. You read about how we should be looking at X and X player from them. In reality, their agents will be talking to clubs across Europe. Ones that are richer and play in better leagues.

Celtic seem to have abandoned a home grown youth policy under Flange. They've signed about 20 players since he arrived with only McCarthy as home grown. Their new signing in this window are all under 23 I think, so reduced pathway for youth.

Postecoglou said literally the other day that their main focus would be on integrating B team players going forward in the next 6-12 months. We'll see how that pans out.

Milan:

Iconic and huge club
2nd in Serie A
Huge fanatical fanbase
CL next season

Bournemouth:

Small provincial club
Bottom 3 in EPL
Fanbase of about 10,000

English Super League

Would be a very good signing. Proper box-to-box. I'd imagine word will have got to Chelsea's owner by now, though, and an increased offer will be imminent.

Yeah he looks a cracking player. They’re definitely light in there.

Wonder if this means they’ll not be after Tiellmans

If that is indeed the case it’s bizarre it got this far. His Agent would normally have everything tied up before the clubs even agree a fee.

Late offer from elsewhere?
That’s the only reason I can see the deal breaking down. Very weird as you say you’d imagine the deal would be all done prior to the medical.

Back