Nottingham Forrest statement on VAR

You're old enough to have celebrated many a 'goal' in the past, only to have it then pulled back for offside, for example. That was pre-VAR. Its not an awfully lot different.
Fair enough and yes I have, but we are now at the stage where every goal is being forensically examined. If you can't make your mind up very quickly and start checking lines, then it's went too far.

It's too long in coming to a decision and tbh, we were sold on this with the clear and obvious lie. Hanging around waiting for decisions for 3 or 4 mins, is just killing it, especially for the paying punter.

The bottom line for me is, it's really done nothing but complicate a simple game.

Just seen each of them. Second & third I felt should have been pens.
First one he was clipped, but decides to go down like he's been shot.
Second is given week in week out, then the third he goes through the players leg.

Forest have had some shocking decisions go against them this season tbf. Rashford got a penalty for a clear dive, Bolys red card was a joke, Brighton player got a yellow for as bad a tackle as your likely to see, conceded when the ref wrongly gave the bounce ball to the other team.

To be fair in the first game against Brighton, Forest got a joke penalty then the ref gave the Brighton captain a straight red card for dissent for complaining about it. So they've had terrible decisions going their way too.

Fair enough and yes I have, but we are now at the stage where every goal is being forensically examined. If you can't make your mind up very quickly and start checking lines, then it's went too far.

It's too long in coming to a decision and tbh, we were sold on this with the clear and obvious lie. Hanging around waiting for decisions for 3 or 4 mins, is just killing it, especially for the paying punter.

The bottom line for me is, it's really done nothing but complicate a simple game.
The EPL is introducing the same semi-automated VAR for offside that is used in the Champions League next season. You might remember it from our Play-Off versus PSV at Ibrox when Dessers looked offside when receiving the ball before playing an exquisite pass for Matondo to score. We had a very much quicker decision, accompanied by the AI generated graphics, on screen in no time at all as the goal was given.

Never see it in Scotland though.

NFFC will now consider its options.

2 minutes later, NFFC realises it has none.

Shame for such a ‘major European club.’

Cųnts.
Beat me to it.

Right hand , “what options do we have”
Left hand,“ we could refuse to play”
Right hand “ what happens if we refuse to play”
Left hand “ they’ll probably deny us four penalties in the next game after that”

Back