Now do or die

Just said on the match thread that bizarrely I think a draw is our best outcome next week! A win puts us under pressure whereas I could see the scum lose a game if we get the draw. Has a similar vibe to 2005

Need to go there and give it everything we have. Go at them for 90 minutes and no passengers.
We must leave with no regrets.
We are due a win there and now is the time.
The team is full of regrets, we are due fcuk all there, to win there you have to work hard stand up and be counted, and take your chances we've not done that for years, I see nothing today to suggest we will do that, IMO our players will roll over, our defence will give them presents, and Dessert's will take a half hour to control a ball in their box.
If our striker took half his chances we'd be miles ahead in goal difference as opposed to be trailing by 5 goals.

Agree,they are not a second half team

I remember a New Year game against them at Ibrox.

That mob prior to the game were horrific, and both Lennon and Liewell were to be binned if they lost.

We were red hot favourites at the bookies to win, but we just didn't turn up and lost 0-2, that lanky clown Samaras scoring.

Go 4 3 1 2, Roofe alongside Dessers, Cantwell behind, Sterling and Dio as CM and Lundstram as CDM to have a solid midfield, and bring width from the fullbacks. They always dominate our midfield, and Sterling+Silva don’t bring much from the wing. I think that would spook them as they will be preparing for our usual Silva Dessers Sterling.

Clement simply HAS to get the team right. Diomande, Silva can’t be anywhere near the starting line up. We need to play as if our lives depend on it and we’ve got a fighting chance.

Celtic are no great shakes (snakes), we showed at Ibrox in the second half that we have the beating of them, they got a freak goal and a penalty, and we showed the correct attitude to come back from 2 down then we came back again, that's what we need for next week..NO SURRENDER.

I remember a New Year game against them at Ibrox.

That mob prior to the game were horrific, and both Lennon and Liewell were to be binned if they lost.

We were red hot favourites at the bookies to win, but we just didn't turn up and lost 0-2, that lanky clown Samaras scoring.
A lot of times the unexpected happen in these games.
If we can just show a bit of aggression and fight they might shite it with the pressure and expectation on them.

Silva is going to absolutely crucial he has to keep the heid and not get cards or too involved with the crowd. I think we need to stun them with the opening goal to have any chance of winning ofcourse that is easy to say but some of the guys have done it in tougher european ties. We will be up against more dishonest refereeing if its a close game i think that is a cert.

The club don't help, tbh, by not demanding that our team bus is driven directly to outside the piggery doors, like they receive at Ibrox.

Imagine if we made them walk from Cessnock to Ibrox before a game. ?
Rubbish. Proper Rangers men go there and love to walk through them. Jimmy Bell with the tunes blaring, Gough and Brown glaring at them, Super Ally grinning and winking at them and then Gazza off last with fake tits on and wee half in his hand.

It’s all about character and we sadly lack them currently.

There's no doubt that everyone connected to Celtic - from the garden variety yahoo to the players, coaching staff and directors - think all they have to do is turn up next week.
You can bet they are rubbing their hands.

That's something we have to make work to our advantage.

Yup let’s hope there arrogance is their undoing

Clement simply HAS to get the team right. Diomande, Silva can’t be anywhere near the starting line up. We need to play as if our lives depend on it and we’ve got a fighting chance.
Whit?

Who you playing instead of him? Genuinely one of the rays of light amongst some of the dross recently. There’s no doubt in my mind - Diomande starts.

Btw Silva will probably start too, maybe not everyone’s cup of tea but we have very little options out wide.

Last edited:
Just be prepared for the tramps bursting out the traps, we never seem to learn and always look like it’s a surprise

We need more than a win in this game. We need to win by 2+. I couldn’t stomach losing the league on goal difference

Get out there, stand up to their fast start and take control, get a 2 goal win to move to within a goal then smash Dundee 6-0 at Ibrox while they toil on the plastic, that’s our pathway to the title.

You mean today’s MOTM and our best midfielder shouldn’t start?

He’s not ready for this fixture. He’ll get ate up alive and you won’t even know he’s been playing. Sterling should play in his position as he is much more physical. I really hope I’m wrong but it’s just the way I see it.

He’s not ready for this fixture. He’ll get ate up alive and you won’t even know he’s been playing. Sterling should play in his position as he is much more physical. I really hope I’m wrong but it’s just the way I see it.
Deary me absolute nonsense, of course he will be playing as he should.

Just said on the match thread that bizarrely I think a draw is our best outcome next week! A win puts us under pressure whereas I could see the scum lose a game if we get the draw. Has a similar vibe to 2005
Bizarre isn't the word I'd use to be honest.

They'd need to drop points in their last 2 games and us win both, or them lose 1 and us catch up 5 goals. Neither scenario is likely to happen, particularly with them at home to St mirren in the last game.

We need to ride the storm for the first 15 to 20 minutes. They’ll come at us right from the start and try win the game in that period.
And we need to sacrifice width for packing the midfield. It’s where we continually lose the battles.
We’ve seen Walter’s team go there in the past and frustrate them and then nick it in the latter stages.
Something similar is required on Saturday.
Whether this squad is capable is another matter.

Back