Number plates if thats your thing

Seen a Plumbers van with a cracker, can’t remember the exact reg but it spelled out jobbie

This is mine...

The-Gers-License-Plate.jpg

I also have a white RFC crest in the back window. One of the perks of not living near Ibrox, I supoose.
Have it in another state. My son has the name of our stadium.

A few that I saw about Gourock - M1NCE, K1RN, UP U 2 and the ex Morton owner's, wife's car has a cracker - SU51 RAE.

Mate's brother used to work for Colin Stein when he had his garage business. Colin had RFC 100 on his car, but it kept getting vandalised. Switched it onto the tow truck

Saw one yesterday JS 18ROX.
Always see at least one reg with AYR included on the Ayr bypass.

Saw a cracker of a plate in a car for sale on autotrader. Must have been one of the UB’s.

Would have bought the car if the plate came with it.

I bid for POG13A off the DVLA with the plan of trying to flog it onto Paul Pogba.

I think I had went up to £2500 but it went for £3000.

Spotted a taxi in Liverpool with licence number 1690
Around Lanarkshire a plate which put me in mind of Barry Ferguson in answer to the question of his favourite line up 442 FUD
Also sewage tankers for George Fulton's company in Hamilton have cracking plates in relation to their job but it escapes me at present maybe some other local bear will know?

A few that I saw about Gourock - M1NCE, K1RN, UP U 2 and the ex Morton owner's, wife's car has a cracker - SU51 RAE.
An old relative of mine who was night-watchman in a car breakers yard (scrappy) in Rutherglen. I used to go there and freely help myself to any part I needed. Would get stuff like full higher spec interiors, tyres, spoilers, body parts anything I fancied, all for the car I had at the time.
Around 88/89 there was a wreck in there with that very plate on it, I asked the owner of the yard how do I go about buying that plate, he told me to contact DVLA and make them an offer, I got told it was not for sale because it was regarded as 'offensive' :))

I’ve got GB05 on my car. I could have got 55, but I got 05 as it’s my lucky number. Kinda gutted, as after it, I realised 55% of the people voted for the GB. but hey ho, I likey mine

Currently I have WATP on mine. Luckily living overseas there aren’t any filth around to bother keying my motor.

An old relative of mine who was night-watchman in a car breakers yard (scrappy) in Rutherglen. I used to go there and freely help myself to any part I needed. Would get stuff like full higher spec interiors, tyres, spoilers, body parts anything I fancied, all for the car I had at the time.
Around 88/89 there was a wreck in there with that very plate on it, I asked the owner of the yard how do I go about buying that plate, he told me to contact DVLA and make them an offer, I got told it was not for sale because it was regarded as 'offensive' :))
That's sad because it used to be seen in Greenock and Gourock but I am talking about 20 to 30 years ago. It was on a fancy car but don't know what it was

I love threads like this.

When you check the majority of plates on DVLA - most don’t exist or aren’t assigned to a vehicle.

Some imaginations out there :))

Back