Ollie McBurnie

Chris Wood at Forest would do a brilliant job for Rangers.

Valued at £7m now, and I believe his contract expires in June.

Much better option that McBurnie
He is 33 years old in December mate could be a negative factor for us .

I think we are better with younger players who have the arrogance of youth as they say guys who will say no surrender .
Those imo are our types but they need to realise the demands and discipline we need too

Absolutely not.
Talentless thug who goes awol during games & pinches a wage. A red card in waiting.
His mobility improved when he had to wear a moon boot!

Hate to say it but have a look at who scored their first yesterday. Classic example of what can be taken from England for a decent fee and wages.
Absolutely.

The best players to sign from down south are those who are young and on the up though. We’ve proved it ourselves and they also have with O’Riley. Signing aged players who’re regularly injured and trying to get them back to their best hasn’t been very fruitful.

McBurnie would be a big and very expensive gamble.
Why? He scored 18 goals in a better league than ours last season and is on a free transfer.

Expensive gambles are Matondo, Dessers, Lammers, Davies, Ciofentes, Danilo - not a guy that's banged them in for the majority of his career in a league similar but better than ours and we can get for nowt imo.

Why? He scored 18 goals in a better league than ours last season and is on a free transfer.

Expensive gambles are Matondo, Dessers, Lammers, Davies, Ciofentes, Danilo - not a guy that's banged them in for the majority of his career in a league similar but better than ours and we can get for nowt imo.
Because he’d be coming from the Premier League on big wages and with a big signing fee. People talk like free transfers are actually free when they’re usually quite costly.

‘Banged them in’
2023/24- 6 goals (PL)
2022/23- 13 goals (CH)
2021/22- 0 goals (CH)
2020/21- 1 goal (PL)
2019/20- 6 goals (PL)
2018/19- 22 goals (CH)
2017/18- 9 goals (CH)

He’s scored 20 league goals over the last 4 seasons, far from impressive tbh.

Because he’d be coming from the Premier League on big wages and with a big signing fee. People talk like free transfers are actually free when they’re usually quite costly.

‘Banged them in’
2023/24- 6 goals (PL)
2022/23- 13 goals (CH)
2021/22- 0 goals (CH)
2020/21- 1 goal (PL)
2019/20- 6 goals (PL)
2018/19- 22 goals (CH)
2017/18- 9 goals (CH)

He’s scored 20 league goals over the last 4 seasons, far from impressive tbh.
I wouldnt back any players bar Shankland in our league to score 6 in the best league in the world or 13 in the Championship to be honest. And that includes the fucking weirdo Japanese boy at the bheasts and the Kamikaze Olympic distance runner,

Yes because he's aggressive. Dessers is rotten & too soft
I get he lacks the quality needed but Lundstram let us down yesterday. Dessers got us back in it and then was left with a thankless task with no support.

Obviously the managers team selection was baffling to say the least, a total clusterfuck all round.

If he is a free transfer and is not demanding a massive wage and does really have a desire to play for us yes I would sign him.

If we manage to offload Dessers for the outlay fee paid for him, I would take McBurnie, we don’t have the money to buy the finished article player, it’s got to be up and coming young projects mixed with more experienced players with a point to prove, he would come here in that category, with the usual media suspects craving for him to fail, also feel this team and squad is crying out for a few players who show the same passion as the fans and desire in the meaning of playing for our great club.

If I could I would be working for Man City to be honest. It's my opinion though. We have missed so many chances that Shankland would score.
Again you can prove that either.

Shankland ain’t this mythical beast that scores every opportunity. Just look At McCoist or Boyd, scored loads but also missed loads.

Yes, bit of a no brainer for me depending on wages. suspect we will struggle with that

No. Absolutely no. Lazy signing that would quickly fall into the category of Dorrans or Kris Boyd v2.

Discussion about game yesterday and next season . Would you sign Ollie McBurnoe

2/10 so far in our company

Light hearted post away from yesterday
The only reason many fans want him to come to the club is because of his apparent Rangers allegiances. The guy is a thug amd a trouble maker. We need solid stable pros who have ability. Rangers badly need craft and creativity amd to move away from long-ball football. With the financial constraints, that's going to be difficult.

We need a massive rebuild and not every player coming in can be 20-23 years old with a big sell on chance. We are going to need to box clever and get some more experienced players on frees to replace the outgoing players. We probably need a minimum of 2 strikers in the summer depending on who goes and who stays.

Whether McBurnie is the answer remains to be seen.

Back