One Night in May - new from RTV

10/10. What a very well put together documentary that didn’t hold back or miss a thing.

My absolute favourite day as a Rangers fan. 9iar I was 9 and a bit too young to understand the magnitude of it.

Absolutely scudding them at their cesspit to win the league, and then the unwashed could not handle it.

Beautiful.

Much as I love our past glories it’s very much time to make new ones that the youngsters can enjoy been starved of real success these past years as in winning the league.
Yes, but I had to watch our trip to Firenze this week 2008.
Brace yourself Manchester

This current crop of players don't have the belief. That much is clear.
To any younger fans on the forum who bemoan the "Rangers Da's" who go on and on about mentality, bottle, etc ... listen to the words of Neil McCann in this. That is what we're used to. That is what we expect of a Ranger going to their midden. And that is what we've been lacking and been deprived of for years.

It's easy to go to their place when their manager has imploded and their rabid fanbase are absent. Those Rangers players; McCann, Amoruso, Porrini, and the rest, went to their ground in the craziest of environments but with a confidence and self belief that they were going to win. Not that they could. They will.

To any younger fans on the forum who bemoan the "Rangers Da's" who go on and on about mentality, bottle, etc ... listen to the words of Neil McCann in this. That is what we're used to. That is what we expect of a Ranger going to their midden. And that is what we've been lacking and been deprived of for years.

It's easy to go to their place when their manager has imploded and their rabid fanbase are absent. Those Rangers players; McCann, Amoruso, Porrini, and the rest, went to their ground in the craziest of environments but with a confidence and self belief that they were going to win. Not that they could. They will.

Advocaats teams record at Parkhead overall was crap to be fair, this game was an anomaly.

Even tougher recently too with zero Rangers fans present.

A really good watch and brought back a lot of happy memories. Also, while it sticks in the craw to allow the mhanks back into Ibrox and while I'll never set foot in the Piggery ever again myself, that day was one of many brilliant experiences I had there over many years and why it would be unfair to deprive younger supporters the opportunity to do the same now. Nothing better than giving them a beating in their own midden.

As perfect a Rangers OF performance as you'll ever see. Calm, composed, ruthless.

They tried everything to rile us and we just didn't take the bait and as reality dawned on them they completely lost the plot on and off the park.

It's still outrageous that Riseth was allowed to stay on the park to injure a second Rangers player seconds after he tried to break Rod Wallace's leg.

I was in Girvan, full of Tim's without tickets for an event. It was glorious as was their depressed buses stopping afterwards for fish and a pish. Sue per.

The “Old Firm Shame Game” when 100% of the shame was on those 19th Century Terrorist bastards.
Yeah this makes me angry when it is used, what actually did WE do wrong that day FFS..I was at that game and it was a carnival day for us...You could sense the bile and hatred from that lot before KO the atmosphere was toxic from them as Neil Mcann said in the film.

From in the past RTV being horrendous, full praise has to be given to the production team, to the boys on cameras, at home and away games. The standard of what I guess are new cameras, absolutely excellent!

And despite that record they weren’t afraid of going there to get a result when it truly mattered the most, only further making my point.

Yes but it wasn't as though that squad were brilliant at Parkhead consistently, this game was amazing but despite the ridiculously talented squad we had we were regularly beaten there under Advocaat, sometimes absolutely gubbed (5-1, 6-2) and that's why Eck ended up manager.

Parkhead is a hard place to go for any Rangers team, even when they were dross and we were cleaning up under Walter and it's been made harder in recent years with no fans, that's why the decision to have a decent allocation is a good thing.

As perfect a Rangers OF performance as you'll ever see. Calm, composed, ruthless.

They tried everything to rile us and we just didn't take the bait and as reality dawned on them they completely lost the plot on and off the park.

It's still outrageous that Riseth was allowed to stay on the park to injure a second Rangers player seconds after he tried to break Rod Wallace's leg.
Really interesting observation from Neil McCann when he said the teams were lining up in the tunnel,our players could see and sense the the pressure and fear coming from the yahoo players.

One of the things I had forgotten was how many chances Neil McCann had before he scored his second goal.he should have really had a hat-trick.

Or Wallace getting sent off for pushing Riseth after he tried to break his leg

Dallas did (understandly tbf) lose the plot that day, just not in the way they think he did.
We seem to get lumped in under the banner of “shame game” but we played no part in the disgraceful behaviour that ensued. Both Celtic red cards, the players were begging to be sent off, their keeper should have gone too and Wallace red card was an absolute disgrace. Their shame game, definitely not ours!

Really interesting observation from Neil McCann when he said the teams were lining up in the tunnel,our players could see and sense the the pressure and fear coming from the yahoo players.

Yeah, no doubt they had crumbled before a ball was kicked. Even mild mannered guys like Wieghorst completely melted down during the 90 minutes.

The only one who looked remotely unbothered was Viduka and I'm not sure how much he actually gave a shit about that lot.

I think that’s a ‘glow up’ Sergio has had!

Remember that time Celtic’s keeper caught a shot five yards outside the box, then stood looking at the ref for about five seconds with a gormless look of resignation on his face, only to receive a yellow card?

Some laugh.
Dallas shat it big time. Another red for them and there would have been riots.

Just watched it this morning. I was sure both him and Rod Wallace got sent off at the same time. Memory definitely going. As you say, disgraceful he was allowed to stay on as he was hell bent on seriously injuring one of our players. Rod Wallace getting a red card for that is an unbelievable decision too.

Yeah this makes me angry when it is used, what actually did WE do wrong that day FFS..I was at that game and it was a carnival day for us...You could sense the bile and hatred from that lot before KO the atmosphere was toxic from them as Neil Mcann said in the film.
We had the audacity to win the league at their pit obviously.

They made a complete utter cunts of themselves that day (well, more so than the norm) but the media want to gloss over that by lumping us in with it.

Watched this the other night, it was great to get a bit of insight from the players on how things were in the squad and the mindset. Should have made more of the object-throwing - yes Dallas got hit but it was one out of thousands of coins chucked, remember Gio at that corner just before it and it was a miracle he didn't get hit. That place should have been closed for a few games after it.

Still, main thing was how well we played and the mentality we showed. It felt like yesterday seeing it all.

Watched it last was really well done. Mind I couldn’t get a ticket but got one for the 5-1 defeat earlier in season. I only recently subscribed to RTV. On the app on my iPad I can’t get videos totally full screen, there’s always a black banner at the bottom with the video title. Tried on the laptop also and when I click on the full screen option on the bottom corner of video it doesn’t expand it to full screen ?

Watched it last was really well done. Mind I couldn’t get a ticket but got one for the 5-1 defeat earlier in season. I only recently subscribed to RTV. On the app on my iPad I can’t get videos totally full screen, there’s always a black banner at the bottom with the video title. Tried on the laptop also and when I click on the full screen option on the bottom corner of video it doesn’t expand it to full screen ?
The inability to full screen on Apple devices has been there most, if not all, of this season mate. Very frustrating.

Should work absolutely fine on laptop though so no idea what your issue is there. Given the technology of the time there are black bars at the top and bottom of the video on the One Night in May video, but shouldn't be there on other videos.

The inability to full screen on Apple devices has been there most, if not all, of this season mate. Very frustrating.

Should work absolutely fine on laptop though so no idea what your issue is there. Given the technology of the time there are black bars at the top and bottom of the video on the One Night in May video, but shouldn't be there on other videos.
Laptops an apple Mac book so that’ll be why. It’s not the black bars you’re meaning which you get on a lot of videos. I get a black bar at the bottom of every video with the video title even on full screen. Can’t get the video to fill the full screen.

Laptops an apple Mac book so that’ll be why. It’s not the black bars you’re meaning which you get on a lot of videos. I get a black bar at the bottom of every video with the video title even on full screen. Can’t get the video to fill the full screen.
Yeah, in that case its on all Apple devices. I have an iPhone and iPad and can't go full screen so it sounds as if it affects the MacBook as well.

A brilliant watch.

Incredible day out as it was a 6pm ko,before the match we were on PRW,supporters bus to the match and back on PRW partying at night.

Back