Only 5 outfield players have managed to play more than the equivalent of 28 full 90 mins

Butland makes six then including him. That's awful.

It's hardly the five you'd like to be featuring regularly too.

The Sima injuries really did us in.

When people are drawing up their lists of players to keep, most have Sterling and Ridvan included.

It shouldn't be overlooked that both have poor injury histories.
There’s just so much toxic waste that needs waded through before you come to them though, there’s 75% of that squad that are just unusable due to being shite or being perma crocked - and a chunk of the squad fall into both categories

Not sure its that shocking a stat. Usual formation for most games has been 4-2-3-1 below. Attacking players rarely complete 90 mins these days due to 5 subs so reduces their minutes and 2 starters only arrived in January.

----------Butland
Tav--Goldson--Souttar--LB
---Lundstram--Diomande
-RW------CAM-------- Silva
----------Dessers

Left back this year has switched between Barisic/ Yilmaz. Right wing has been a variety of players. Number 10 been Cantwell/ Lawrence.

The only area we have been massively impacted since January is right wing with the loss of Sima and Cortes. Danilo could well have replaced Dessers but its not certain.

We have loads of players out all the time but when you look into the detail barring Goldson and Sima its been mostly the options on the bench constantly picking up injuries.

They would have given us more options but even if everyone is fully fit I struggle to see what changes are made to the above team. Yilmaz would be left back, Sima right wing and Cantwell or Lawrence is a 50/50 on who the manager prefers for the fixture.

Also alludes to an over-reliance on distinctly average and inconsistent players.

Yup. Clement has taken pelters for persisting with certain players for the last month or so. Yet, it would seem he's just sticking with the guys that are reliably fit and able to play the majority of games.

Exactly what I was going to post. For all the criticism that goes towards these players, they are the ones who turn up day in day out, week in week out. At times they’ve made mistakes but nobody can question the commitment of that small core to the club.
Men paid millions doing their job, to a very poor standard majority of the time. Round of applause

Exactly what I was going to post. For all the criticism that goes towards these players, they are the ones who turn up day in day out, week in week out. At times they’ve made mistakes but nobody can question the commitment of that small core to the club.
......I agree with this......
Men paid millions doing their job, to a very poor standard majority of the time. Round of applause
......but also with this.

Cantwell Sima missing from that list when they're on nearly 29 games in minutes. Borna not far off 28 games but injuries and rotation especially since Clement has came in does that stat really matter?

And its also worth pointing out that the guy who gets the most abuse on here is the one who is available the most. People wanting us to replace him with sterling next season and build the team with him at RB (which i do think we should eventually do as he is tremendous) should look at the fact he is available about 50% our games it seems.

Just shows the level of commitment from some.

Some play through the pain barrier are a solid 7 week in week out have a bad game and they are labelled p!sh.

If our squad was biscuits this would be it in a box.

undefined

It feels like we have the worst injury luck in Europe. The only other team that seems comparable to us on this is Manchester United

But of course this could be confirmation bias - I wonder if there’s any stats to back this idea up

Anyone know what PC is alluding to thats causing the injuries?

Is it the training itself?

Diet?

Bad physios? Wrong recovery plans?

As long as I can remember we’ve always had injuries, is the training centre cursed?

How many are genuinely injured though? I have a feeling some of them are seeing the team struggle and are in hiding
Like Scholes and Keane have thrown at the Man U players. Wanting to avoid tomorrows potential toxic atmosphere and return for the final?

Did wonder that initially but looking at the players out I think it'd be harsh to label any of them with that

Like Scholes and Keane have thrown at the Man U players. Wanting to avoid tomorrows potential toxic atmosphere and return for the final?

Did wonder that initially but looking at the players out I think it'd be harsh to label any of them with that
I wonder if it’s a thing though with players, maybe not a keen to play through injuries these days as they once would. That hard man I can play through anyhtjf image has gone because further down the line players can see the damage it can do.

Anyone know what PC is alluding to thats causing the injuries?

Is it the training itself?

Diet?

Bad physios? Wrong recovery plans?

As long as I can remember we’ve always had injuries, is the training centre cursed?
Presume it’s then players, otherwise why wait until the end of the season to make these fixes.

Presume it’s then players, otherwise why wait until the end of the season to make these fixes.

He’s mentioned before about the regimes players were on too. Everyone doing the same stuff rather than adjusted plans depending on player

I wonder if it’s a thing though with players, maybe not a keen to play through injuries these days as they once would. That hard man I can play through anyhtjf image has gone because further down the line players can see the damage it can do.
Our injury list is one of the worst in the league

It was fine a few seasons ago, when we were unbeaten and chasing 55, it was manageable when we were heading for a Euro final. Now that every game is a must win, we're struggling to fill the bench.

I'm wondering if that's what the manager meant when he said nothing could be done until the Summer - he's identified the chancers and will be moving them out

That’s not even close to being true though is it? Some have been instrumental in helping to rebuild the club to the point where we can actually compete again. Without success in Europe over the period the chances are we’d have been staring down the barrel of 13 in a row.

Have they made mistakes? 100% but nobody can genuinely say that the likes of Tav and Goldson have not been good servants to our club. If we had more like them we’d certainly be more successful than we’ve been. Lundstram has been a good player for us too over the piece. Is he the best midfielder to have graced Ibrox? Absolutely not, but in the current climate and place we find ourselves, he’s been a decent signing. There are far more issues than those players who turn up week in week out. Maybe if they had a bit of quality and stability around them we’d be able to appreciate them more.

Our support are hard to figure out at times as some spit poison at members of the squad who have actually contributed, whilst guys like Cantwell, who has contributed very little in comparison, are heralded by some. There tends to be no in between, you’re either a hero or a zero but the targets regularly seem to be on the wrong players’ backs.

How many are genuinely injured though? I have a feeling some of them are seeing the team struggle and are in hiding

I’d like to know this too. Suspect there’s a few who are happy to be injured and failing fitness test after fitness test.

Just shows how bad its been for injuries this season

Horrific and needs addressed - it has been a problem for us for too long.

Injuries cost us in the Europa League final and probably cost Gio his job
Injuries have cost us the title this season.

Danilo
Sima
Jack
Ridvan
Roofe
Balogun
Matondo
Raskin
Davies

There are four forwards in there who have scored big goals for us this season yet have missed a significant part of the season. We have never had the opportunity to mix things up in the forward areas - we are predictable now.

I am Raskin's biggest critic on here but there is no doubt when on form he is a good player and helps move the ball around quicker in midfield - also adds more energy to the area. Ryan Jack when on top form is the first midfielder on the team sheet for me but he is never available.

Also having them available would mean not having to use Sterling in midfield and would've meant we could have rested Tavernier and used Sterling as right back - who knows where that could have led.

Having big Balogun fit would have been another option at the back and Davies - a left sided CD always looks like there is more balance in the team and helps move the ball quicker.

It has been a shame for Ridvan he has never had a settled run in the team at full fitness.

All this would hurt any team - along with niggles to Cantwell, Lawrence, Borna, Souttar, Goldson, Diomonde, it has to be rectified once and for all by the start of next season otherwise it will cost us again.

When people are drawing up their lists of players to keep, most have Sterling and Ridvan included.

Before coming to us, Ridvan missed 14 games in his career.
He's since missed 38.

Sterling: 9 games missed at Stoke due to groin injury

Looking at some of the rest of our team:

Butland: 56 games due to a compound fracture in 15/16
Goldson: 18 games due to heart issues 16/17 (21 games missed since signing for us)
Souttar: 166 games out before signing, missed 46 last season, has made 41 appearances this year
Borna: no injury hx before moving to us
Tav: no injury history before moving to us
Raskin: 11 games out before moving to us, 19 since
Jack: 69 games missed in 5 years at Aberdeen (half of them in 12/13 due to a broken foot), 129 in 6 years since signing for us.
Cantwell: 14 in 5 years at Norwich, 10 in 2 here
Dowell: 18 in 3 years at Norwich, 34 since signing for us.
Lawrence: no injury history before signing for us. 56 games missed in 2 years.
Sima: 51 games missed in the 3 years before he came to us, 18 since coming to us (still managed 38 appearances)
Cortes : 1 game missed before Rangers, 11 since January.
Danilo: 33 games missed in 6 years. 41 since signing for us.
Dessers: 32 games missed in 7 years. No absences for us of note.
Roofe: 29 games missed in 2 years before us, 96 since coming to us.

The injury histories, Roofe and Souttar apart, are not horrendous before signing for us. Is it too many games? Some of the surfaces? The lack of protection from agricultural challenges?

*All figures from transfermarkt. Take any disputes up with them or post from a more accurate site yourself.

Sterling was injured, I thought Beale just didn’t play him?

Back