Our national stadium

They must surely be planning on spending some money on it with euro 2028 being agreed.

Assume they can’t lower the pitch to at least get the views sorted
They didn’t spend anything on it for Euro2020, so I wouldn’t expect anything significant for 2028.

It’ll get a handful of mediocre group games that’ll be forgotten about quickly before the serious games go to Wembley.

If you say so
It’s got excellent transport links, a bigger capacity, better views.

If you’re going to suggest demolishing a 68k seat venue that’s packed for every event, then hit back with ‘if you say so’ when challenged on why you’d do such a thing, then you don’t really get the point of forums.

Demolish Murrayfield and rebuild the National stadium in Glasgow. Combining national Rugby and football events. Edinburgh shouldn’t have sporting events due to total apathy from their citizens to attend them. The trains are absolutely packed coming from Glasgow heading to the Rugby during the 6 nations but yet they are supposedly the rugby city. Glasgow is a far superior city , has traditionally been our national football city and should continue to be so. Also this idea will wind up the Edinburgh lovers on this thread which is a bonus.
Murrayfield is marginally better with a bigger capacity, but both stadiums are tired, and not fit for purpose in respect of modern sporting events.

However...I know I shouldn't bite the obvious bait Otis, but can't help it...

In what way is Glasgow a "far superior city" to Edinburgh...? Other than football clubs, it just isn't...

A new build stadium in the outskirts of Scotlands capital is what’s needed.
Preferably south/east area.

I get a lot of the disdain for the stadium, but I agree with a lot of what you're saying here.

It's a cherished piece of footballing history - nationally and globally - and is, after Ibrox, the most significant place in Rangers' history.
I’ve always been in favour of retaining Hampden - none of this building a new stadium in Stirling or Perth to be fair to the teuchtars nonsense - Glasgow is the spiritual heartland of Scottish football and as much as it doesn’t make a lot of financial sense to maintain it for maybe half a dozen games a year in a city with two other 50,000+ stadia, it has a long and rich history that’s probably second only to Wembley in British football.

But . . . it is a ridiculously outdated looking venue and typical of the tinpot mentality of the dolts who seem to have forever run the Scottish game.

Quite where the money comes from to upgrade it to the level we’d all want to see is anyone’s guess though.

Simply put, it looks like we’re probably stuck with it until it falls down.

It's a running track with a pitch stuck in the middle of it.
Not fit for purpose and must be one of the worst National stadiums around.

We'd be better off moving high profile games to Murrayfield - a far better stadium for football matches.
Its got the footprint of a football pitch with a running track around it, without actually having a running track.

Rarely play at the millennium now. Use Cardiff City stadium which is 30k
Have they never been able to pull crowds comparable to Welsh rugby? You would have thought their recent Euro play off would have took place at the Millenium, or is football nowhere near the most popular sport?

Have they never been able to pull crowds comparable to Welsh rugby? You would have thought their recent Euro play off would have took place at the Millenium, or is football nowhere near the most popular sport?
Egg chasing

Back