Our players reaction to conceding yesterday.

Fergie90

This really annoyed me yesterday and I might be being harsh but they don't look like they care when they concede. It's head down and walk away or point somewhere and look around.

Where is the anger and passion? We should hate conceding and the only one that looks like they care when we concede is Butland.

Also who was Lundstram pointing at after the OG? Looked like he was blaming someone but might be wrong.

The players are going through the motions. They walk out onto the park beaten before a ball is kicked. They don’t want a bollocking, they want an arm around their shoulder, a mug of cocoa and told it’ll all be ok. Then they can trot out tired excuses and remind us that they will learn from it.

I want half those charlatans pinned up against the dressing room wall and never seen in our colours again.

Never seen a Rangers side with so little desire or belief. For all their faults, I think that’s what hurts the most.

Last edited:
There’s little belief in the squad.

They’re so used to losing that it doesn’t register and there’s a growing number of fans starting to adopt that attitude.
It does look like they are expecting to concede in these games. I'm at that stage where I'll moan about everything but I'd like to see them pissed off at conceding such poor goals than just acceptance.

What do you expect them to do?

stuck-anchorman.gif

This really annoyed me yesterday and I might be being harsh but they don't look like they care when they concede. It's head down and walk away or point somewhere and look around.

Where is the anger and passion? We should hate conceding and the only one that looks like they care when we concede is Butland.

Also who was Lundstram pointing at after the OG? Looked like he was blaming someone but might be wrong.
W have no "battle fever" we have no anger. Words like Ready and No Surrender mean nothing to these guys. We need more blue noses in this team along with a complement of skilled foreigners but the core need to know what is about. I turned it off immediately but would not surprise me to have seen back pats, smiles and congratulations from our players. %^*& them we need to bleed blue. We've lost our identity with all these foreign managers coming and going. As maligned as he is, as an example, McInnes would hurt like %^*& getting beat by that mob

What do you expect them to do?

stuck-anchorman.gif
Have some pride and show some passion rather than letting their heads drop and just walk back to position? That would be ridiculous.

Someone to hold players accountable on the park and make sure they know it's not good enough rather than all just slump their shoulders.

Have some pride and show some passion rather than letting their heads drop and just walk back to position? That would be ridiculous.

Someone to hold players accountable on the park and make sure they know it's not good enough rather than all just slump their shoulders.
There’s too many who just aren’t up to the challenges you face playing for Rangers, either in ability or in mentality and in some players cases it’s both these they lack.

We have had some poor Rangers sides in the past, however never once did I feel angry and pissed off at players the way I do now. Even in the poor Rangers teams the guys playing gave 100% and understood what it meant to play for Rangers.

There’s been a lot of harping back the Gerrard era over the last 24 hours, so make no apologies for taking my turn. There’s a reason Gerrard kept Andy Halliday around for as long as he did. He also had a mentor in Walter who understood the importance of a strong Scottish core in the side. Right now there is no Rangers identity.

There’s been a lot of harping back the Gerrard era over the last 24 hours, so make no apologies for taking my turn. There’s a reason Gerrard kept Andy Halliday around for as long as he did. He also had a mentor in Walter who understood the importance of a strong Scottish core in the side. Right now there is no Rangers identity.
Jimmy Bell will be a huge miss in the dressing room as well

Don't even see any team mates arguing. Tavernier's face after making a mistake is not pissed off at himself, it's either pointing somewhere or oh well. Goldson's the same. His lack of effort to get close to Maeda and stop the cross, and Barisic's lack of effort in blocking O'Riley's shot were cowardly to say the least. We've seen umpteen opponents defenders throw themselves in front of the ball to make blocks this season against us, when was the last time you saw one of our players do so or one of our full backs in particular.

I know its a legacy of our years in the wilderness, but too many of our key players plied their trade with mid table English clubs where it is normal to have more defeats than wins. I dont care what anyone says that has to leave you with a certain mindset that is hard to over come when you sign for Rangers and the expectancy is to win every game.

I know its a legacy of our years in the wilderness, but too many of our key players plied their trade with mid table English clubs where it is normal to have more defeats than wins. I dont care what anyone says that has to leave you with a certain mindset that is hard to over come when you sign for Rangers and the expectancy is to win every game.

Absolutely. It breeds a mindset that it completely incompatible with our club.

That's why SPFL players are worth more than their technical ability would suggest. They understand it.

100%

If you are getting pumped playing for Norwich, Derby, Sheffield Utd and the likes you aren't going to come up here and just switch to being a winner instantly if ever.

There are exceptions but most players that haven't won anything in lower leagues in England aren't going to cut it with us.

The players are going through the motions. They walk out onto the park beaten before a ball is kicked. They don’t want a bollocking, they want an arm around their shoulder, a mug of cocoa and told it’ll all be ok. Then they can trot out tired excuses and remind us that they will learn from it.

I want half those charlatans pinned up against the dressing room wall and never seen in our colours again.

Never seen a Rangers side with so little desire or belief. For all their faults, I think that’s what hurts the most.

Big DJ said years ago Rangers fans can accept defeat as long as the players give it their all and go down fighting.

I’m honestly just so fucking scunnered of a group that genuinely are so fucking spooked by that mob, their fans, and any team really that gets in their face.
F**k nice sexy football. F*fk it so far out the window. A team of big strong, physically and mentally, players who don’t care one jot whether it’s the piggery, Ibrox, Pitrodrie or a fucking junior park, they just go out to dominate our opponents physically and win games is what we need.
Kevin Thomson done an interview where he spoke about Walter coming back. Said in it that Walter told them they weren’t as good a football playing team as strachans team but if they bettered them physically the results would follow. And it did.

This, exactly.

The reaction to the first was to completely capitulate.

Only when the game was truly done, and the pressure effectively off, did they apply themselves for 30 seconds and score.

They're weak as piss mentally.
They could have shown that urgency to score at 0-0 or even 1-0 but they didn't.

We do against the dross aswell. Play laboured boring slow turgid football and if we concede we jump into gear for a while.

Your being harsh

On RTV it looked like Lundstram turned round and pointed at someone and said that is your fault after his own goal. I couldn’t see who he was pointing at

Big DJ said years ago Rangers fans can accept defeat as long as the players give it their all and go down fighting.

Read the second paragraph of Bill Struth’s famous quote “To be a Ranger…”

Words that have served us well, but been very much lacking since 2012. We’ve had the very soul of what it means to play for our club ripped away, signing successive shysters, lowering standards and taking the meaning of what it takes to play for our club away leave us a shadow of what they were and where they need to be.

Last edited:
They are conditioned now to going behind in this game. They all expected it to happen. I don't think they are any more dejected than anyone else who loses a goal mins you.

Players like Greig, Souness, Gough and Ferguson who demanded dominance against them must shake their heads in embarrassment watching this team. We must sign players with not only the skill but the physicality and a winning mentality that our history demands. The manager needs to have dinner with these four to learn the criteria needed to be a Rangers player before making the final transfer decisions this Summer.

Our players react the same as any other team conceding a goal ffs.

We don’t need to look for more things to get annoyed about.
All teams just bow their heads and walk back into position?

I'm sure I have seen Rangers teams before that get angry and frustrated by conceding and having words with each other.

How many players do you really think truly believed that we would win yesterday?
I don’t care what they say in the press, how many truly believed in their gut we would get he result we needed?

I genuinely believe the answer is likely to be very few. This is a squad who have become accustomed to losing this sort of game

If you do the same thing over and over, and over again.Mistakes especially.
You eventually don't care.Especially when there are no consequences as a result.

That's where we are at right now, and have been for a very, long, time!

W have no "battle fever" we have no anger. Words like Ready and No Surrender mean nothing to these guys. We need more blue noses in this team along with a complement of skilled foreigners but the core need to know what is about. I turned it off immediately but would not surprise me to have seen back pats, smiles and congratulations from our players. %^*& them we need to bleed blue. We've lost our identity with all these foreign managers coming and going. As maligned as he is, as an example, McInnes would hurt like %^*& getting beat by that mob
That the same McInnes who got horsed at Aberdeen off them?

If you do the same thing over and over, and over again.Mistakes especially.
You eventually don't care.Especially when there are no consequences as a result.

That's where we are at right now, and have been for a very, long, time!
Basically sums it up.

"It's happening again" type reaction.

I’m honestly just so fucking scunnered of a group that genuinely are so fucking spooked by that mob, their fans, and any team really that gets in their face.
F**k nice sexy football. F*fk it so far out the window. A team of big strong, physically and mentally, players who don’t care one jot whether it’s the piggery, Ibrox, Pitrodrie or a fucking junior park, they just go out to dominate our opponents physically and win games is what we need.
Kevin Thomson done an interview where he spoke about Walter coming back. Said in it that Walter told them they weren’t as good a football playing team as strachans team but if they bettered them physically the results would follow. And it did.
This. I didn’t want to lose the nice football we played in Europe but most of that squad/the main guys who made it tick are gone and it’s time to get back to basics and start getting a bit wiser to the League we are actually in. If we aren’t good enough to beat Celtic with ability (we should be to be fair, but the squad is still a mess) then we need to start levelling the playing field a bit and make sure we are rock solid and strong at the back first and foremost like most successful Rangers teams typically have been.

People can point out our decent defensive record if they want, but we ship goals against them and these games are deciding our seasons. We are lucky we didn’t have to play them in the LC as we are not adapting and cannot beat them with this current system.

Could not care in the slightest who our players support. Just want a team who will win at all costs.

or the classic line after every defeat.
Especially from our Captain.
"We must learn from this!"

Seriously!
Seriously?

How come we never fkucn do?
If Tav learned as much as he says he will after defeats he would be the best RB in the world just now. Not much more he can say but it's not what anyone wants to hear.

Back