Our players reaction to conceding yesterday.

What do you expect them to do?

stuck-anchorman.gif
Usual pish reply. What I expect them to do is fight for the league title and show some phuckin backbone...its Rangers they play for not Berwick Rangers.

That the same McInnes who got horsed at Aberdeen off them?
Why do people use this as a stick to beat anyone that mentions Mcinnes as a Rangers manager. What do people expect FFS, Aberdeen to win 50% of games between themselves and the scum?

Managing Rangers and Aberdeen are totally different things. Budget, quality of player available, facilities available, the support each team receives, expectations and loads of other things.

McInnes was a 9 in a row player, managed by Walter, he's a blue nose and knows all about the SPL. With a fraction of the Rangers budget he's overseen two victories against the scum this season and drew with them at the piggery.

I'm not saying we should sack Clement and get McInnes in. The manager deserves time to shape his own team and get his own players in.

I'm just saying that the suggestion that McInnes could do a good job for us shouldn't be dismissed off handedly because of his Aberdeen record.

W have no "battle fever" we have no anger. Words like Ready and No Surrender mean nothing to these guys. We need more blue noses in this team along with a complement of skilled foreigners but the core need to know what is about. I turned it off immediately but would not surprise me to have seen back pats, smiles and congratulations from our players. %^*& them we need to bleed blue. We've lost our identity with all these foreign managers coming and going. As maligned as he is, as an example, McInnes would hurt like %^*& getting beat by that mob
McInnes had a dreadful record against them with Aberdeen!

We have had some poor Rangers sides in the past, however never once did I feel angry and pissed off at players the way I do now. Even in the poor Rangers teams the guys playing gave 100% and understood what it meant to play for Rangers.
This for me.

I'm one of the posters on here probably most accustomed to being called a happy clapper, but I feel myself really starting to dislike these players.

It's by the stage of just not thinking they're good enough for Rangers. I don't even like hearing their names.

The players are going through the motions. They walk out onto the park beaten before a ball is kicked. They don’t want a bollocking, they want an arm around their shoulder, a mug of cocoa and told it’ll all be ok. Then they can trot out tired excuses and remind us that they will learn from it.

I want half those charlatans pinned up against the dressing room wall and never seen in our colours again.

Never seen a Rangers side with so little desire or belief. For all their faults, I think that’s what hurts the most.
Like swimming at Bondi beach going through the motions or Bondi cigars as they are called here in Oz

This really annoyed me yesterday and I might be being harsh but they don't look like they care when they concede. It's head down and walk away or point somewhere and look around.

Where is the anger and passion? We should hate conceding and the only one that looks like they care when we concede is Butland.

Also who was Lundstram pointing at after the OG? Looked like he was blaming someone but might be wrong.
It was a must win game and a great chance for us to get back in the title race. It felt like it was only a matter of time until Celtic scored. O'Reilly and Hatate both had shots from the edge of the box prior to their first goal yet after conceding the 2nd goal we went after them and scored straight away which by now we should've learned that our best chance of beating them is going after them. Unfortunately the players don't care enough especially if you're old enough to remember our successful teams and we had players who would run through brick walls for the club play through the pain barrier and hated losing it was a privilege for them to be wearing the jersey. Our board have a massive job on their hands to try turn the club around.

This really annoyed me yesterday and I might be being harsh but they don't look like they care when they concede. It's head down and walk away or point somewhere and look around.

Where is the anger and passion? We should hate conceding and the only one that looks like they care when we concede is Butland.

Also who was Lundstram pointing at after the OG? Looked like he was blaming someone but might be wrong.
I noticed he was pointing as well ,and it's strange the change at centre back as rumours and I say again only rumours are circulating that there was a major bust up in the dressing room at half time with him involved.

The players are going through the motions. They walk out onto the park beaten before a ball is kicked. They don’t want a bollocking, they want an arm around their shoulder, a mug of cocoa and told it’ll all be ok. Then they can trot out tired excuses and remind us that they will learn from it.

I want half those charlatans pinned up against the dressing room wall and never seen in our colours again.

Never seen a Rangers side with so little desire or belief. For all their faults, I think that’s what hurts the most.
You have mate , cast your mind back to Warburton s first season in the spl , we were rank rotten

I noticed he was pointing as well ,and it's strange the change at centre back as rumours and I say again only rumours are circulating that there was a major bust up in the dressing room at half time with him involved.
Are some of them working their ticket - till the end of the Season ?

It's been pointed out in many posts above, Lundstram was blaming Collum for impeding him.

Don't even see any team mates arguing. Tavernier's face after making a mistake is not pissed off at himself, it's either pointing somewhere or oh well. Goldson's the same. His lack of effort to get close to Maeda and stop the cross, and Barisic's lack of effort in blocking O'Riley's shot were cowardly to say the least. We've seen umpteen opponents defenders throw themselves in front of the ball to make blocks this season against us, when was the last time you saw one of our players do so or one of our full backs in particular.
He turns his back on the shot when if he faced up he could have stopped it as it passed within a few inches of him. Cowardly to say the least indeed. :mad:

Aye they should have all gone and banged their heads against the post!

Not sure it's really what's needed to witness the players losing their discipline and getting emotional during the match after conceding a goal. They need to concentrate and hit back.

Been thinking the same for a while, they are that used to losing and being laughed at, they now seem to have built up a natural immunity to it. I know getting to the Europa final was a big thing, but Goldson summed it all up when he said his biggest achievement was getting a losers medal from it.

Roger Hynd, who was inexplicably our center forward for the final of the cup winners cup in 1967, launched his runners up medal into the crowd. Says it all when a bit part player of that era cares more than Goldson etc.

We have had some poor Rangers sides in the past, however never once did I feel angry and pissed off at players the way I do now. Even in the poor Rangers teams the guys playing gave 100% and understood what it meant to play for Rangers.
At least you get annoyed.

I feel nothing towards this current group of players, totally numb to them.

Last edited:
The majority of them don’t give a toss,that’s the main problem. You can overcome lack of skill or pace with effort, you can’t get by with no effort at all.

You do know he chose to stay at the sheep rather than manage us?
Of course I am. Would you have cans to Rangers under the circumstances at the time. We were a mess and in many regards we've still not fully recovered

They can sleep well knowing they gave Rodgers and co the fun he predicted. He said that because he knew exactly what he was up against. And despite the bravado from Clement, the same players, with the same failings, duly obliged. Clement did his part too.

It’s the definition of insanity. But an area that we’ve become masters in. We couldn’t make it any easier if we tried.

There’s little belief in the squad.

They’re so used to losing that it doesn’t register and there’s a growing number of fans starting to adopt that attitude.

I think the longer things have gone on, the more it becomes plain to see that, Sterling completely let the cat of the bag last month after the Dundee game.

A section of the dressing room don't believe they can win the title, maybe if that mob had actually imploded and the pressure dropped a little, they might have seen it over the line despite the injury problems we've had. It didn't pan out like that, and they just simply didn't have the belief to keep pushing.

There’s been a lot of harping back the Gerrard era over the last 24 hours, so make no apologies for taking my turn. There’s a reason Gerrard kept Andy Halliday around for as long as he did. He also had a mentor in Walter who understood the importance of a strong Scottish core in the side. Right now there is no Rangers identity.

Why do people use this as a stick to beat anyone that mentions Mcinnes as a Rangers manager. What do people expect FFS, Aberdeen to win 50% of games between themselves and the scum?

Managing Rangers and Aberdeen are totally different things. Budget, quality of player available, facilities available, the support each team receives, expectations and loads of other things.

McInnes was a 9 in a row player, managed by Walter, he's a blue nose and knows all about the SPL. With a fraction of the Rangers budget he's overseen two victories against the scum this season and drew with them at the piggery.

I'm not saying we should sack Clement and get McInnes in. The manager deserves time to shape his own team and get his own players in.

I'm just saying that the suggestion that McInnes could do a good job for us shouldn't be dismissed off handedly because of his Aberdeen record.
Some perspective required
He was a bit part player at best. Never a regular. 52 games (1 goal) between 1995 and 2000 although admittedly he did spend some of the time on loan to Stockport County
In the roll of 9 in a row heroes he's pretty far down the list
McCoist was much more of a 9 in a row hero and managed by Walter. Unfortunately he was also a shit manager
If you're not basing your belief he could do a good job for us on his managerial record what exactly are you basing it on? Just because he used to paly for Rangers? Plenty are better qualified on that basis.

because of course the strong Celtic minded core across the road at their place makes all the difference.
They have more guys who grew up Rangers fans than they have of their own.
it wasn't exactly a side bursting with Rangers Scots that took us to the Uefa final either.

It’s the abject surrender which is so hard to watch. It seems every time we go there the majority of the players just do not have the heart for the battle. Not enough of them hurt to the same extent we do and that is why they need punted asap. The worst Celtic team I’ve seen in 50 years and we can’t lay a glove on them when it matters. Depressing beyond words.

I cant believe some people are surprised by there reactions, i dont think i have ever seen our defence have a go at each other, the Captain shirks away...mostly because he is usually the fecking cause

Some perspective required
He was a bit part player at best. Never a regular. 52 games (1 goal) between 1995 and 2000 although admittedly he did spend some of the time on loan to Stockport County
In the roll of 9 in a row heroes he's pretty far down the list
McCoist was much more of a 9 in a row hero and managed by Walter. Unfortunately he was also a shit manager
If you're not basing your belief he could do a good job for us on his managerial record what exactly are you basing it on? Just because he used to paly for Rangers? Plenty are better qualified on that basis.

What I'm saying is that you can't judge him on his record against Celtic while at Aberdeen. I'm not going to look it up but I'd imagine McLeish took a fair few doings off the scum while at Hibs. He still did well as Rangers manager. It's only natural for teams like Hibs and Aberdeen to get pumped by Celtic so that shouldn't be used as a stick to beat him with.

Lets get back to the old days , when you won you got a win bonus ..This mob dont give a flying f..k if they win, lose or draw .It means nothing to them.

Back