Our poor team.

magnus

I have supported Rangers for 50 plus years. I will until I die. Today again demonstrated why we are not good enough. Where was the football, determination and fight? What a poor bunch of players we have. Philip has some job on his hands as major reorganisation is needed. I started the season as we all do with so much hope like many other supporters. I am attempting to remain positive but that display and lack of confidence, enthusiasm and determination has me crying. Our board has dug deep and yet we look like a very poor side. Major reform is needed. Come on Rangers, try harder show your ability determination and fight until the end. Praise the Lord for Jack Butland.

I’m 20 years in and this is a very poor side, all through the team, Butland papering over the defensive frailties. Midfield just looks like it has no idea who has to be where. Up front we are dire on both flanks and Dessers is a lovely guy but watching him play football is like watching a pigeon put up a deck chair.

Big summer - again - how many years in a row have we said that?

Thread will probably end up deleted, but I agree in some respects.

We certainly have some really bang average players, however we find ourselves in a situation where 8 catastrophic points dropped to Motherwell, Ross County and Dundee have totally fucked us over.

The players have to take a huge slice of blame but the manager is equally culpable.

I have supported Rangers for 50 plus years. I will until I die. Today again demonstrated why we are not good enough. Where was the football, determination and fight? What a poor bunch of players we have. Philip has some job on his hands as major reorganisation is needed. I started the season as we all do with so much hope like many other supporters. I am attempting to remain positive but that display and lack of confidence, enthusiasm and determination has me crying. Our board has dug deep and yet we look like a very poor side. Major reform is needed. Come on Rangers, try harder show your ability determination and fight until the end. Praise the Lord for Jack Butland.

Nearly 50 years for me first game was 1976....something seriously amiss. Can't remember having such a poor defence and such a listless forward line in the same team.

Attitude stinks. Still convinced something has been said in that dressing room and still need reform at boardroom level. Something not quite driven or professional enough.

Some of this stuff is worse than the early 80s. People may well laugh we were winning cups regularly then.

It is a poor collection of players but as a team they’re somehow still together and fighting for a treble and won a European group. We’ve had far better players, teams than this and they couldn’t get close to what this team have done.

We certainly have some really bang average players, however we find ourselves in a situation where 8 catastrophic points dropped to Motherwell, Ross County and Dundee have totally fucked us over.

The players have to take a huge slice of blame but the manager is equally culpable.

Look at the forward options he had against Motherwell at home. Guardiola would’ve struggled wi that front 5

Injuries and players who are past their sell by date we have 2 players rumoured to be offered deals with Trabzonspor earning the guts of 50k a week

Nearly 50 years for me first game was 1976....something seriously amiss. Can't remember having such a poor defence and such a listless forward line in the same team.

Attitude stinks. Still convinced something has been said in that dressing room and still need reform at boardroom level. Something not quite driven or professional enough.

Some of this stuff is worse than the early 80s. People may well laugh we were winning cups regularly then.
Ah the boardroom haven’t seen that one for a wee while . Throw in the dressing room rubbish and we have the root of all our problems..

It wasn't a great performance today however it was a vital 3 points which keeps our chances of a treble alive.

The wages we are paying out right now are absolutely scandalous for the standard of play we’ve watched recently.

Biggest wage bill in the league with seven of the top ten earning players in the country and at times we struggle to look average at best.

Recruitment has been shocking to say the least going back multiple windows now.

Last edited:
Its bad day when your goalkeeper is the POTY, says a lot for the outfield players.
Especially when everyone was talking about how poor the rest of the league are earlier in the season. The standard has dropped down yet another level yet we struggle to take care of them. Our performances against the sheep are diabolical and look at the state of them.

Mate, it's quite straightforward. All we need to do is sign neanderthals like Alex Gogic and the league is ours. Apparently.

the measure for me is , how many of our squad get into an enabler side that are semi competent at best, very few I would hazard to guess

Danilo at CF, Sima at RW and Cortes at LW would hugely mprove this current team. However 2 of those 3 are loan players and I don't even think Danilo is the answer long term so huge summer ahead. We essentially need a new spine of the team. We need a new starting CB, CM and CF. We also need a new LB. Can only hope we get our summer recruitment right for a change.

Look at the forward options he had against Motherwell at home. Guardiola would’ve struggled wi that front 5
Really?

A team that had won 6 games all season, a team who were on a horrendous run of form?

Against a side with resources and a budget which blows Motherwell out of the water?

You honestly think we should be struggling against that dross at home?

Really?

A team that had won 6 games all season, a team who were on a horrendous run of form?

Against a side with resources and a budget which blows Motherwell out of the water?

You honestly think we should be struggling against that dross at home?

The 5 forward players behind dessers were mccausland raskin lundstram Diomande and Sterling. The lack of goals there is staggering.

We shouldn’t struggle but when the managers options are so poor how is it his fault

And Aberdeen!!

Like the OP, I've been going to Ibrox for 60 years now. I quite often catch wee youtube clips on social media of random games over the years. This current team are not in any way comparable to the players and teams of the 60's, 70s, 80's onwards. I long for those great days when we were feared to return.

The 5 forward players behind dessers were mccausland raskin lundstram Diomande and Sterling. The lack of goals there is staggering.

We shouldn’t struggle but when the managers options are so poor how is it his fault
So you are basically saying it's fine if we lose at home to Motherwell? I'm at loss with that one, we have resources that blow Motherwell out of the water, they are one of the poorest teams in the league, yet they won at Ibrox for the first time in god knows how long.

A team who had won 6 league games all season?

Clement had this team playing really well. Remember Betis?

Seems to evaporated over the last few weeks.

Looks like our annual post New Year collapse was moved to March this year.

So you are basically saying it's fine if we lose at home to Motherwell? I'm at loss with that one, we have resources that blow Motherwell out of the water, they are one of the poorest teams in the league, yet they won at Ibrox for the first time in god knows how long.

A team who had won 6 league games all season?

No it’s not fine, I’m saying it’s no the current managers fault the pish squad he has at his disposal.

We’ve had far poorer teams in the last ten years alone than this one.

Granted this one is way off where I’d like us to be.

There’s a lot of people with seriously poor memories.

Guy in the pub today with similar pish about Dessers being our worst ever player, he’d also been watching us for 50 years… maybe he’s the OP.

We’re not great (and neither is Dessers!), but worst ever is so far from accurate!

If this team prevents the opposition a shot at our goal within the first 60 seconds I now consider that an achievement.

Didn't manage it today. Again.
This is one of things I don't get as up until the winter break teams were getting like 1.6 shots in target since wintergreen we are giving up shots everywhere.

A lot I think does come from the front 3 unable to keep the ball. The midfield is then constantly overrun leaving defence all over the place

We need someone that can take the pressure off run with the ball keep it or win fouls we get none of that just now

No it’s not fine, I’m saying it’s no the current managers fault the pish squad he has at his disposal.
The same manager with the same players won in Betis and won a trophy?

You can't have it both ways, he takes the plaudits when everything is rosy, but when it goes tits up, even Guardiola couldn't win against a team in the bottom 3 and 4.

A treble in this current league is no great achievement considering the countless millions we have spent to play against hapless journeymen and has-been managers. At the moment, these teams seem on a par. This is probably the worse I can recall how bad collectivley the also rans in the this league are

I have been following rangers for over 50 years and while this present side aren’t great they are not even close to some of the worst I have seen.

If this team prevents the opposition a shot at our goal within the first 60 seconds I now consider that an achievement.

Didn't manage it today. Again.
It's not even just a shot on goal, it's right good chances we are giving teams.

We're suffering from horrible mismanagement off the park since 55. We've spent money, just poorly. We've regressed massively. Seville kept us all going with a bit of positivity, but these past 2 seasons have laid bare the limitations of the squad. Last summers recruitment made matters worse. We need a huge summer.

Yeah that's it, they're just not trying.

Jesus fucking Christ

We got 3 points away from home.

It was not an easy day at the office.

The absence of Danilo, Sima, Jack, Matondo, Ridvan and Cortes (and lack of fitness of several others who are carrying knocks or still recovering from long periods out) should go someway to explaining why it was not.

We have no divine right to win every game. No rangers team wins every game. Yet I have seen folk suggesting THIS is the worst team they have seen us play with in the SPL!!!

Jesus Christ, the tripe coming from some "fans" would make me think they'd rather be heading into the last 5 games with Kiernan instead of Souttar, Barton instead of Lundstram, Forrester instead of Silva and O'Halleron instead of Dessers.

Some need to grow up around here or else head back to the scum boards.

Back