Ovie Ejaria Liverpool

I think it will be hard to move players on that are surplus, to requirements, in other words, pay offs, that eat in to the budget, so we have to wheel and deal, in order to shift and bring in the new guys, for me it depends how good our DOF and our budget is?

The duds should be back in for training as of now, hardball the cuńts out the door.

The facts are we need players of similar or better quality to them over time, if we look at midfield do we have anyone of the same ability as Ntcham ? for me the answer is a resounding no although Arfield and Rossiter will get their chance to prove they are, none of the other midfielders are on that level and you wouldn't expect them to be considering the amount they paid for him.

Slowly but surely we have to build up to this standard all over the park, it cant be done in one window.

I would rather bring in 3 quality players than 9 decent ones

Last edited:
The facts are we need players of similar quality to them over time, if we look at midfield do we have anyone of the same ability as Ntcham ? for me the answer is a resounding no although Arfield and Rossiter will get their chance to prove they are, none of the other midfielders are on that level and you wouldn't expect them to be considering the amount they paid for him.

Slowly but surely we have to build up to this standard all over the park, it cant be done in one window.

I woulkd rather bring in 3 quality players than 9 decent ones
I don't think we have someone of the quality of Armstrong never mind the other two tbh

I don't think we have someone of the quality of Armstrong never mind the other two tbh
True mate, as depressing as that is we can only do this bit by bit and i would rather we where buying 3 million pound players then ones at 700k etc, maybe we will do that its only June so i have faith in Gerrard.

CB Gareth McCauley name appearing on a news now article. At 38 would upset many, just sharing from what came up on the news article so can we save the 500 replies of "he is too old"

CB Gareth McCauley name appearing on a news now article. At 38 would upset many, just sharing from what came up on the news article so can we save the 500 replies of "he is too old"

It's from somewhere called 'Football Whispers' so I wouldn't put much stock in it.

I note Gareth only played around a dozen times for relegated WBA last season despite being fit and available throughout the season.

I'm desperate as well,for the team to hit the ground running,wee bit apprehensive myself,I think we should all just go with the flow. The silence is deafening,even from fourguys,but I'm sure wheels are turning.
Sorry guys that should read 4lads

I can see our team being full of Liverpool under 20 players. Don't know if this is good or bad.

We might take two, or maybe even three. Can't see it being more than that. A couple of players who would be in and out the team for us and a regular starter perhaps?

True mate, as depressing as that is we can only do this bit by bit and i would rather we where buying 3 million pound players then ones at 700k etc, maybe we will do that its only June so i have faith in Gerrard.
Hard work and a winning mentality get's you results even against better teams.

The Hearts team that beat the unwashed 4-0 wasn't full of £3m or £700k players and wiped the floor with them,You only have to look at Hamilton beating Rangers at Ibrox and Hamilton are probably on the lowest budget of any team and relying on free transfers and youth players.

Transfer market isn't about paying millions for top quality players but being shrewd in the transfer market and trying to find gems for less than millions and then turning them into players worth millions,there are plenty of story's of players been signed for buttons and being sold for silly money further along,problem is finding these players and the bread and butter of any club is the scouting system in place to find these players.

Hard work and a winning mentality get's you results even against better teams.

The Hearts team that beat the unwashed 4-0 wasn't full of £3m or £700k players and wiped the floor with them,You only have to look at Hamilton beating Rangers at Ibrox and Hamilton are probably on the lowest budget of any team and relying on free transfers and youth players.

Transfer market isn't about paying millions for top quality players but being shrewd in the transfer market and trying to find gems for less than millions and then turning them into players worth millions,there are plenty of story's of players been signed for buttons and being sold for silly money further along,problem is finding these players and the bread and butter of any club is the scouting system in place to find these players.
Of course there are and i have said this many times in posts and use Mahrez as an example, 750k he cost but generally the more you spend the better players you assemble, of course thst isnt always the case but if they buy 4/5 million players in every position and we spend 700k per position then you are always up against it.

Hearts did great that game but it was a one off game, Hibs on the other hand gave them a game 4 out of the 5 times they played them and scored 8 goals in the process compared to our 2 goals on a fraction of the budget.

Aberdeen level players like Gordon,Armstrong and Thumbheid have pissed it up here. Jack will be fine as will Rossiter, if he stays fit. Dorrans playing just behind the main striker will be a different player. A good central defence will improve us 50%.

Gordon is a level above Aberdeen, he played English Premiership football and has umpteen national caps. He also makes saves in big games that our number 1 wouldn't get near (Foderingham).

We've not got a player with the ability of Armstrong. He was a stand our prior to joining the bheggars.

If we had a Griffiths in our team, we would have won a lot more games last season. He's a level above the likes of a Cummings.

I'm an optimist and perhaps i'm wrong.

Jack was playing well until his injury, i'm quite surprised you think the jury is out on him. Docherty was playing extremely well in the league before he came to us. Dorrans is a player I believe will be an asset with better players around him. Rossiter, if fit, has shown himself to be more than capable.

I get your point though, especially on the injury front. I never want to see Holt or Halliday play for us again. A managers job, as I think some people forget, (not saying you like) is just as much about getting the best out of the players they have than signing new ones. Coaching players to be better is so important. So my hope is that Jack, Rossiter, Docherty and McCrorie can be developed by the new management team, that Dorrans will shine under a better coach, with better players around him and that we won't HAVE to rely on loans or buying more.

But, as I say, i'm an optimist.
Dorrans, Docherty and Jack should be nowhere near our starting 11 if we want to win the league...

He joined a sinking ship and was carrying a hip injury. After he recovered his last 2 games were his best including hitting a winner against Wolves.

Before that he had 10 first team appearances 8 competitive 2 friendlies which included 2 wins against Chelsea one of which being an away win at Stamford Bridge to quote "a dazzling display". He only got dropped out first team because Klopp brought in reinforcements. Liverpool fans rate him highly. Plays same positions Gerrard did so he must see something in him.
Cheers BB for the clarification

FFS Ryan Jack was one of our best players until he got injured. Solid was really coming onto a game. Some of the utter pish on here is beyond belief.

To be honest mate being one of our better players in that team is no great achievement

If Rossiter keeps himself fit and free from injury he will be ahead of jack all day long

To be honest mate being one of our better players in that team is no great achievement

If Rossiter keeps himself fit and free from injury he will be ahead of jack all day long
Not disputing that RJ was doing well pre injury but I definitely think that a fit Rossiter would be the better option.

Gordon is a level above Aberdeen, he played English Premiership football and has umpteen national caps. He also makes saves in big games that our number 1 wouldn't get near (Foderingham).

We've not got a player with the ability of Armstrong. He was a stand our prior to joining the bheggars.

If we had a Griffiths in our team, we would have won a lot more games last season. He's a level above the likes of a Cummings.

Armstrong only kicked on at Celtic after Rodgers arrived, they wanted shot of him prior to that.

Griffiths has 5 years on Cummings. Cummings is 22, when Griffiths was 22 he actually had a similar CV to Cummings. A lot of goals in the Scottish lower leagues and a failed move down south.

Wait and see how these guys do under a good coaching team, you will be surprised.

A good manager makes a good team, you don't get good teams without a good manager.

Is Ejaria an attacking or defensive midfielder?

Know nothing about him and this thread seems to have veered off topic.

I see SSN saying it's a 1 year loan.

Thought I read in here it was a permanent transfer.

I see SSN saying it's a 1 year loan.

Thought I read in here it was a permanent transfer.

That was a nonsense rumour mate. He is contracted until 2020. He was in the first team squad at Liverpool at the start of the season and Klopp wanted him to sign an extension before he went out on loan in January. Klopp clearly thinks he has a future in the game.

The transfer fee would be too much for us as well.

Not really something to write home about for me to be honest. Obviously hope he comes up here and plays out of his skin but we haven't really got a good track record of youngsters coming up and doing well recently.

Rangers target and Liverpool starlet Ovie Ejaria will bring ‘top-level mentality’ to Ibrox, says ex-Sunderland keeper Lee Camp
June 04, 2018 0
wUd8Ql7K_400x400-0056.jpg

LEE CAMP insists Ovie Ejaria would bring a Champions League mentality to Rangers.

Liverpool kid Ejaria has already made eight top-team appearances for Jurgen Klopp's beaten Euro finalists.

nintchdbpict0003816565753.jpg

Ovie Ejaria in action for Liverpool
Getty - Contributor
Experienced keeper Camp, who played with Ejaria on loan at relegated Sunderland last season, believes the Reds starlet is the real deal.

Steven Gerrard is closing in on a move for the 20-year-old midfielder as he cranks up his Gers rebuilding job.

Camp was impressed with Ejaria at the Stadium of Light, and backs him to shine at Ibrox next season.

Camp said: "Ovie is a great young player, really modest and respectful, and full of ability.

nintchdbpict000061003760.jpg

Lee Camp in action for Bournemouth in 2013
Action Images - Reuters
"Technically he is brilliant, he's composed and gifted on the ball, and moves it well.

"He gets forward, he can score a goal and works hard. You can see that Liverpool, top-level mentality in him.

BET £5 WITH SUN BETS AND GET A FREE £10 BET

"He presses really well, he likes to do the hustling and bustling that you saw from Jurgen Klopp's team in the Champions League.

"Ovie is a big lad and he gets around the pitch. He uses his frame well and he's a great athlete.

"He was also at Arsenal as a young boy, and you can see the pedigree he has. There is no doubt he can go far in the game."

Ejaria was helpless to prevent Sunderland dropping into League One but Camp, now back at promoted Cardiff, insists Rangers would suit him perfectly.

Camp added: "It was difficult for Ovie at Sunderland. With the situation of fighting against relegation, we probably didn't see the best of him.

"But there were times when he played high up the pitch centrally, in the No10 role, and you could see his quality.

"He created chances, he got a goal and in a successful, attacking team, he would thrive.

"Rangers would offer that platform. Ovie needs to be on the ball creating things, and he would get the chance at Ibrox.

nintchdbpict0004102846663.jpg

Steven Gerrard wants to work with Ejaria again
Scottish News and Sport
"In most games, Rangers will be doing the attacking and that would suit him down to the ground. Ovie would really stand out.

"The Premiership in Scotland is a good league. It gets slagged off down south, but it's a good standard.

"For me, Ovie would really come on in that competitive environment in the SPFL.

"He's played a lot of Under-23s football, and had a taste of the Championship with Sunderland.

"Ovie now needs to keep progressing at first-team level, and going to Rangers with Steven Gerrard looks a really wise move."

Ejaria's Liverpool Under-23s boss Neil Critchley has played a huge role in the Ibrox target's development over the last four years.

And Critchley revealed he feels SORRY for opposition defenders when the Anfield kid is in full flow.

Critchley said: "Ovie has these real 'wow' moments which just make you smile because it's brilliant to watch.

I understand it is an outright purchase.

You still reckon this to be the case?

Would be delighted if so.

Admittedly I’ve only seen clips of him(albeit every single clip available to man)

The boys a real talent by the looks of things. Genuinely think he’d be a phenomenon if he managed to find a solid level of consistency which seems to be one of his flaws going on what’s been said by the Scouser on the other thread.

FFS Ryan Jack was one of our best players until he got injured. Solid was really coming onto a game. Some of the utter pish on here is beyond belief.

I was just thinking this myself . Jack was excellent for us at the start of the season, a real stand out, and was hampered by two ridiculous overturned red cards , then a nasty injury .

People have short memories .

I was just thinking this myself . Jack was excellent for us at the start of the season, a real stand out, and was hampered by two ridiculous overturned red cards , then a nasty injury .

People have short memories .

Maybe it's a case of us looking back with fond memories that disguise reality. Jack was decent but never a stand out from memory.

I've no doubt that a good coach and manager can bring out his qualities though so I'm not writing him or anyone off. I just think we need to keep our feet on the ground with him and others.

Bitterly disappointing if true . Loans don’t work , save the very odd exception .
Disagree with that one mate they can work well especialy one of Liverpools top youngsters .. builds relationships with Liverpool too and they are more inclined to send them in future. Loans are for players who will improve your team in the short term with players you cant afford currently this lad fits the bill .. last few seasons we have been loaning boys who don't even make the bench

Maybe it's a case of us looking back with fond memories that disguise reality. Jack was decent but never a stand out from memory.

I've no doubt that a good coach and manager can bring out his qualities though so I'm not writing him or anyone off. I just think we need to keep our feet on the ground with him and others.

He plays a very 'non-showy' role and so it's easy to see why people missed his contribution. A fit Ryan Jack would be an asset to us.

Latest posts

Back