Pedro Presser

There's no key question in your post mate. Not one question mark I can see.

There's some merit in what you say - yes we do lose control of games for spells and, I'd argue, individual errors have cost us cheap goals. I'm not hiding from that but I am absolutely adamant that you hide from the rest of the picture which is a vastly improved but still new and improvING team.

It is only September after some massive squad changes and some hiccups have occurred (some luck, some self inflicted, one absolutely dreadful result). None of that is inconsistent with a new team. But I'll say it again, we really should be 2 off the top, I'll maybe concede 4 off the top for people who really beleive Hibs were the better team before Jack went off (not a chance but I'm a bit pissed and being very magnanimous). We're in a cup semi, we've had a harder start than last year and we're better off points wise and goal diff.

It's a very, very determined man that can still waffle his way out of denying or just ignoring this.

*waits with sad resignation*

The point was simple. If the tactical awareness is as good as you say and the team so improved etc etc.

We'd be going into Saturday-knowing it was a whole lot better and all things being equal we'd be a bit more confident.

If Pedro was as good in the eyes of the rest of the support as he is in yours-anything untoward would be forgiven.

Instead he has everything to prove in how he sets the team up.

This is a good post-I hope there was an element of evasion with Pedro because he seemed to indicate he wasn't overly focused on changing things for Saturday-a massive gamble if he doesn't.

Maybe he's playing his cards closer to his chest than you think, you can't complain that he gives too much away then complain that he hasn't laid out his tactical plan.

Of course our game plan could go out the window in the first minute but that doesn't mean we shouldn't have one.

Nice to see some of the posters getting caught up in Pedros mind games.
Nothing was said that is going to give Brenda a clear clue of how he is going to approach the game, he will probably go into the training tomorrow and tell the lads that nothing else will do except a win as he is fed up getting asked about those cruds from the other side of town and listening to the press brown nose them so much as well as wants to stick one up Mutton with his stupid question.
Looking forward to the game and am confident he will have the guys in the right state of mind to have a go.
Sorry for the grammar but well through my bottle of Captains as this is the start of our weekend...

"We want to finish this game two points behind them and to be fair with you I think we can do it."

If the players have that same confidence we just might do so (and a very pleasant Saturday night will ensue :) ).

Dream on I think, he gave them their headline with the provoke comments and I have never seen a manager go into such detail on tactics .

He is good copy for them but the only thing that is going to buy him credibility is results especially against those bastards.

I don't think Pedro has learned or he can't help himself but at the end of the day only results will define his future not the media. They will be like everybody else waiting to see how we line up and deal with Saturday and they will be waiting to pounce if it goes wrong-that's what they do.

I agree. Pedro goes on far too much about previous games, how we should improve and what he is hoping for in the next game.

If he sets us out to be solid in the first instance I'd be happy with that. Just hope we can get on top early and get the crowd behind the team.

The point was simple. If the tactical awareness is as good as you say and the team so improved etc etc.

We'd be going into Saturday-knowing it was a whole lot better and all things being equal we'd be a bit more confident.

If Pedro was as good in the eyes of the rest of the support as he is in yours-anything untoward would be forgiven.

Instead he has everything to prove in how he sets the team up.

Oh mate, you really are running out of road here. Instead of acknowledging points in the last post (what was it you said to me about ignoring previous post?) you invoke the opinion of the great Rangers support that you of course have the hotline to (presumably you sit suspended 50 ft above the centre circle with ear horns trained on every part of the stadium).

I sit in the Main Stand and everyone moans at everyone and everything as has been the case for the 11 years I've been going

Keep 11 on the park, do the simple things well and press that mob and we have a chance, sit back and watch them or lose the rag and we will get turned over.

Maybe he's playing his cards closer to his chest than you think, you can't complain that he gives too much away then complain that he hasn't laid out his tactical plan.

Of course our game plan could go out the window in the first minute but that doesn't mean we shouldn't have one.

Let's be clear he gave away nothing tactically about how we will line up-he hinted we need to be attacking as well-I get that.

Oh mate, you really are running out of road here. Instead of acknowledging points in the last post (what was it you said to me about ignoring previous post?) you invoke the opinion of the great Rangers support that you of course have the hotline to (presumably you sit suspended 50 ft above the centre circle with ear horns trained on every part of the stadium).

I sit in the Main Stand and everyone moans at everyone and everything as has been the case for the 11 years I've been going

I sit in the Main Stand as well you'll know as well as me the criticism is far beyond anything I post.

Everyone also knows if Pedro doesn't get a result due to the fact we've done the same thing as we have all season the fall out will be large.

Us missing sitters has nothing to do with it.

The point is controlling the game-you can't control the game 100% we all know that but we lose control for too long and too often.
Its hypocritical to post that both Dundee and hearts missed sitters, then when the point is made that we did too (and had a perfectly good goal disallowed) state that 'us missing sitters has nothing to do with it'.

Why do only their sitters count as potentially game changing?

BTW, if the result does go against us can those (and such as those) refrain from the usual McInnes stuff (gies peace FFS).

More and more confident the guy will deliver us 55, has had a good first window and the best is yet to come. Enjoy listening to him,just think he reveals a bit too much in the sense he gives something away to the opposition to go on and also the amount of times he's taken out of context is unreal.

I dont think we will get a result but it will go a long way if theres a real decent performance put in. Any similar scoreline to last year then words are worthless

Not sure what this has to do with the post quoted but OK. Here's where we differ... I think we set up much more appropriately and better now, already, than we have since Walter.

Already I think that. It doesn't guarantee we have the right quality of player yet to be successful but our our organisation is very clear. I gravely suspect that people who don't see that are either trying too hard not to, or wouldn't know it if it crawled up their backside.
I agree mate. Last season We were so feeble that I felt that each and every team in the league could've beaten us, not so now. I see a marked improvement in the team set up, organisation and balance. There has also been an improvement in player quality however to get ahead of the tramps we will need better quality especially at full backs, and goal scorers.

I sit in the Main Stand as well you'll know as well as me the criticism is far beyond anything I post.

Everyone also knows if Pedro doesn't get a result due to the fact we've done the same thing as we have all season the fall out will be large.

The Main Stand is full of Stadler and Waldorfs and has been for the years I've been going and I understand long before. They (and I) moaned for Scotland during Walter II for example.

And to be fair everybody is getting desperate now after so many years and the small patience we normally have is even less in evidence than it should be for a squad revolutionised in three months.

But I don't think it's especially bad at the moment. The atmosphere under Warburton was worse (pretty sure it wasn't just me) and obviously the McCoist years were just miserable and depressing. The worst it's ever been for me was September-December 2006 under PLG. We're not even in the same ballpark as that. I don't even think it'll be as bad as that if we get another 5-1 - it won't be pretty by any means - but our expectations have been pretty brutally downsized in recent years.

Anyway enjoy the game, I'm on holiday so it'll be a Greek bar for me.

The Main Stand is full of Stadler and Waldorfs and has been for the years I've been going and I understand long before. They (and I) moaned for Scotland during Walter II for example.

And to be fair everybody is getting desperate now after so many years and the small patience we normally have is even less in evidence than it should be for a squad revolutionised in three months.

But I don't think it's especially bad at the moment. The atmosphere under Warburton was worse (pretty sure it wasn't just me) and obviously the McCoist years were just miserable and depressing. The worst it's ever been for me was September-December 2006 under PLG. We're not even in the same ballpark as that. I don't even think it'll be as bad as that if we get another 5-1 - it won't be pretty by any means - but our expectations have been pretty brutally downsized in recent years.

Anyway enjoy the game, I'm on holiday so it'll be a Greek bar for me.
At least plg managed a draw against them.which is more than pedro has managed.saturday will be a real test of how far he has progressed as a rangers manager.

I found that quite interesting. He is a clever man - looking for protection for Wes and Morelos. Unfortunately, any Pedro thread goes to the dogs (pardon the pun) because of a few posters critising everything the man says/does.

One of the qualities Pedro said he was looking for when making signings was players with a passion for the game. This fixture is as much about that as it is about tactics. Every single man on the park wearing blue needs to be up for it from start to finish. They also need to be disciplined, particularly around the leggo muncher. I would dearly love to see him going off tomorrow - it's long overdue to be honest.

At least plg managed a draw against them.which is more than pedro has managed.saturday will be a real test of how far he has progressed as a rangers manager.

If we properly compete - like Aberdeen did in the cup final - I can accept a loss. I can also accept a loss if it comes from a mad moment (Beerman's tackle on Roberts for example) but I'm not going to give Pedro excuse after excuse for ever. If we continue to not get the run of the green then he becomes an unlucky manager and it may be time to move on. But that is a ways off yet.

PLG comment: I don't think the 2006/7 Celtic team had a 6 year financial head start on ours and uninterrupted squad improvement in that time?

There's danger in complacently reaching for excuses all the time but we should also just take a breath and remember what we're talking about here

If we properly compete - like Aberdeen did in the cup final - I can accept a loss. I can also accept a loss if it comes from a mad moment (Beerman's tackle on Roberts for example) but I'm not going to give Pedro excuse after excuse for ever. If we continue to not get the run of the green then he becomes an unlucky manager and it may be time to move on. But that is a ways off yet.

PLG comment: I don't think the 2006/7 Celtic team had a 6 year financial head start on ours and uninterrupted squad improvement in that time?

There's danger in complacently reaching for excuses all the time but we should also just take a breath and remember what we're talking about here
They spent far more money than us in plg half season in charge.infact they had spent more money than us since o neil arrived apart from season 2007/08.i agree with you i canaccept a loss if we have competed properly.but i won,t accept a preformance like our last two games against the scum under pedro..

Back