Pedro's observation

Apart from Aberdeen or Hearts I wouldn't expect another club like Thistle to 'fight' or do brutal challenges into Celtic like they did on Friday night

It happens because we have a lot of very biased and dishonest referees.

There is a huge problem with match manipulation and refs looking to influence matches.

It would be better to have a go at the sfa and their officials than moan about diddy teams they are just doing what most clubs would do and testing the ref or taking advantage of it.

If anyone hasnt yet worked out whats happening then they should watch the same teams and the same group of refs when its Celtic. These teams dont even bother to play physical and fire into crazy challenges anymore as every player knows there is no chance people like Thomson, Madden etc will ignore it the way they do when its Rangers.

These shameful and disgusting tactics are the reason the press are now backing the refs and you dont see the same sort of hostile coverage on radio, tv, papers etc, that refs were getting say even 5/10 years ago.

they get away with it when they play Rangers( and our players should grow a pair and tackle back)

Teams get away with being more aggressive against us. Teams also smell blood and a chance of getting a result every time they play us, which probably adds to the aggression we see from them.

For all the people who think PC is talking shite, just let us watch how Hibs approach their first game against the scum in comparison to their game against us a couple of weeks back.

No need.
Just look at the teams that've got a result against us this season and look at their next result.

He also said they changed formation for the first time this season maybe because they knew we would play 442.

Well maybe it's time to stop giving so much away in the press conference he does give way too much info for my liking and obviously teams will use this.

I have also noticed so far even this season alone the amount of shocking refereeing against us ,usually when something happens more too often you can't call it coincidence any more .

He also said they changed formation for the first time this season maybe because they knew we would play 442.

Well maybe it's time to stop giving so much away in the press conference he does give way too much info for my liking and obviously teams will use this.

Where to even being with that one. I never head the press conference but surely to god we are not getting upset because Partick Thistle changed formation! wtf.. agree he might give a bit much away, but we should be pumping teams like Thistle even if we handed them our starting XI, tactics and gave them a goal start

I'd be annoyed if were a fan of one of these teams. Partick are going to be battling relegation all season, but they only bother giving it 100% when they play Rangers? They are taking the piss out of their fans, quite frankly.

Hibs are another. Have they even won a match since they were playing their guts out at Ibrox?

I don't remember the same level of aggression being shown to Advocaat teams or Walter teams during 9IAR. Maybe teams raised their games, and we generally still pumped them, but the nasty side seems newer.

There is a lot to be said for the theory that most teams are beaten before they kick off against the scum, whereas they think they might get something against us. But I think it's more than that.

If I'm a Thistle player and I break Ryan Jack's leg, what is the comeback? Probably minimal. If I break Brown's leg or Sinclair's leg, my life will be a misery. And it will never be forgotten, even after my 10 match ban. Which players will I go in with my studs up on?

Referees have a duty to protect our players and they don't. But it wouldn't stop it. So we are left to find a way to deal with it. And for me, the only way is to get back to a point where we are pumping them.

Moult's elbows
Stokes punch and takedown
McGregor's clothesline
McGeough booting anything in a Rangers jersey
Hearts right back booting Windass around the knee
Davies elbow at Ross County
Edwards over the ball challenge
Erskine over the ball challenge

Missed any ?

When you see them listed it really is shocking. We're 6 games in ffs!

Surprised so many disagree with Pedro too, though I suspect that's maybe more because they've had enough and want him out, because when you look at what we've been subjected to in 6 games so far, it's disgraceful and absolutely not the norm, not even against us.

When you see them listed it really is shocking. We're 6 games in ffs!

Surprised so many disagree with Pedro too, though I suspect that's maybe more because they've had enough and want him out, because when you look at what we've been subjected to in 6 games so far, it's disgraceful and absolutely not the norm, not even against us.

Realistically there should've been six of them sent off. We've had one. And our ex manager blamed our player for it.

That's what we're dealing with here.

As one who likes the physical side of the game when done within the law , I have to say that some of the unlawful stuff dished out to us has been pretty brutal.

Give and take yes , it's a man's game as far as I'm concerned but there are limits and they are being overstepped at times without punishment .

That for me is the crux .
I have alluded to this elsewhere. My only fear would be giving as good as we currently get will result in having very few in royal blue left on the park. Having said that it's clear we are not getting parity with refereeing decisions made for or against other teams. The only way to combat that is by challenging the authorities. I sincerely hope this is on going as we speak and not as the unwashed have done played out in public but with our usual class behind closed doors. Hopefully we will see a redress in balance.In the meantime I'd like Pedro to tell the players to kick fcuk out of anything that moves and isn't wearing red white and blue then we can start playing football.

I've just watched the press conference and thought Caixhina was very smart with a couple of things he said in it. The thing that got me was the line of questioning about the Windass incident that has now had no further action taken against. When he said If Josh was to be punished that would be fair if it was the same for all the acts that go on in the games.

The "funny foreigner" is certainly far more astute than he gets credit for and I like how the siege mentality has been built up in the mind of the man already. He knows just how big a deal Rangers are.

Perhaps if teams like Patrick are more aggressive against us it's because they know we can be rattled. Perhaps all teams think they have more chance of forcing mistakes from our players than Celtic? I'm sure opposing players and managers equally want to win when playing Celtic as they do us...(ok, maybe).

There is a gulf in class and players who are not sharp in the head and fast with their feet won't ride tackles as freely.

If Pedro is right, and I only watch Rangers so I can't comment, then maybe it's cos we have a bit to go yet ourselves in terms of ability and class.

We dish it back we'll get red cards. Already been shown in the Hibs game.

It's not a level playing field

This is exactly what I was talking to the old man about the other day.

There also seems to be a sneaky way of getting our players into bother, and opposition players out of bother too. Shocking tackle or aggressive play against us results in a booking. No compliance officer required as the ref saw it and dealt with it.
Any act of aggression by a Rangers player, instant red card, player off(ala Hibs) and the game is lost. Job done.

We are not subject to the same rules as everyone else.

Pedro is spot on, credit to him for calling it out in a press conference. I think he did so for two reasons - to put subtle pressure on referees to pay more attention to this (they won't, unfortunately) and to acknowledge that our players need to handle it (they need to).

After the last game v Partick, I am seriously concerned that tonight we will lose another key player for the weekend through injury. Niggles from previous games often carry through to the next match when teams play each other within a few days, so I see tonight's match being another overly physical affair.

I agree everything Pedro says is right, however it's alright coming out saying that when you have a bunch of winners ready to battle and swat aside the next team they play. Pedros done Thistles team talk. I would much rather he questioned why his own players shat the bed the first opportunity to go top of the league and apply a bit of pressure.

Go and watch his press conference then. I don't really know what it is you're struggling to understand. He made a point of acknowledging that sides are far more aggressive against us, he probably mentioned it because of the nature of the same or the assaults the players have been on the end of it.

My own point (not Pedro's) was that it would be nice to see others shine a light on this otherwise there's little chance of this changing. It's right there in plain English.

They are without question more aggressive against us this is down to the officials whether it is a bias or simply the mentality of refs being caught up in all the propaganda of hate towards us I do not know but one thing for sure is it appears to be by many incidents a discriminatory treatment against us and opposing players have cottoned on to this, therefore, having the confidence to make the odd dangerous or blatant tackles knowing there is less chance of disciplinary action! Alternatively, our refs are awful and the compliance officer has that infamous "I only see and hear what I want to see and hear" syndrome?

I'd prefer if Pedro just said it straight and told the referees to apply the rules properly and stop allowing our players to be tackled with serious aggression with little retribution.

If teams are going to play fast and hard against us because we are a new team, with many foreign players still acclimatising to the game here, fine. The otherside of the coin for them needs to be though that with that comes the chance of players being sent off or a high yellow card count that just nullifies that quickly. This is where we see a problem as I'd say there should have been another 5 or 6 should have gone this season so far and there must be over a dozen yellows already not produced against our opponents !

We can't win games or play our way properly if opponents are allowed several free fouls and dangerous tackles that we are not, or even want to make. It'd throw any team off their game and I'd like to see half the posters on this thread take on a highly aggressive man with one hand tied behind their backs.

The Club had the chance to warn the SFA after the Hibs game this was not on and Beaton should not referee a game of ours again. If a player of ours ends up with a broken bone or damadged ligaments then I'd be going after that referee and the association for compensation, but first we need to tell them enough is enough and give ourselves a point of reference - we should have made after Hibs wrestling display.

It's down to the referees. If they actually did their job then the bad tackles would stop.

Craig Thomson brought these sleekit tactics into scottish football a long time ago hes always let the opposition away with dangerous play while looking and hoping for any excuse to show reds to Rangers. Its not something we have never seen before the difference between now and say... Walters 2nd spell at the club, is that all the other top refs have watched how successful a career hes had as a biased match officials and they feel they need to do the same to continue getting the top games and positive media coverage. A lot of it will simply be down to fear. Cheat/bend rules to survive.

If you think about it every game we play the opposition manager either says the ref was very good or has nothing to say about his performance. Media reporting is positive no one is talking about Rangers getting all the decisions the way they would 5 or 10 years ago. Refs have a great realtionship with the press guys.

It was a bad mistake Rangers made ignoring Thomsons behaviour, a really really really bad mistake, an even bigger mistake than the posters on here that defended him because they spend too much time worrying or thinking about timothys views on match officials.

Also its pretty shocking that all the media guys will see plenty of both Rangers and Celtic and they will know exactly what the refs are doing and how the rules can be bent... but no one speaks up.

Probably because they are just as scared of annoying or upsetting Celtic as the referees.

You just need to look at Hibs results and performances this season to understand that teams do raise their game against us.

Okay, you seem to be getting way overly touchy about my posts. I was fairly clear in my first response, which you seemed to get uppity about.

You seem to think Pedro's comments are somehow highlighting some kind of great injustice against us that needs "evened up".

I am merely pointing out that Pedro's observation - as per your thread title - is not that there needs to be some kind of spotlight shone on anything to get it out in the open, but rather that our own team needs to be prepared for teams playing with a higher level of aggression against us, as is their right. Much like whether they want to park the bus, play attacking football, kill time, play 3-5-2, 4-4-2, whatever, they can choose to play differently against us if they want and it's up to us to stand up and cope with it.

If you want a spotlight shone on disparity in decisions against us, then I'd suggest you have used the wrong comments from the manager to do it - particularly given he uses far more clear suggestion of disparity when discussing the Windass gesture...
Well I hope you 2 enjoyed your wee tennis match fwiw you both make relevant points . My take is this there is a complete lack of respect from all quarters for our manager and the team in some instances even our own fans deride what is going on game by game. Until Pedro gets the players tuned into the mentality that we have to win the battle then we win the game no matter who or what formation we play we will continue to drop silly points. The lack of respect is insidious from the point of view that should we kick fcuk out of everybody then play football I don't believe referees will be so ready to turn a blind eye to roughouse treatment dished out by us in retribution. The point that we are not sharp enough is fair imo but I believe sharpness will come over the course of the season. In the meantime we have to treat every game as a war and accept the consequences until everyone else realises we won't be fcuked about. Refereeing decisions have defo been a contributrary factor in where we are and for every one that has gone for us the balance is tipped too far the other way for the decisions against imo.
Hopefully tonight we'll see a bit more steel about us and I'm sure we will emerge victorious

Back