Penalty shout on Dessers in the 1st half

Let's not forget the kyogo one at hibs, shot away, tiny clip, down like he's shot and about 100 replays to find an angle where it looks like it might be in the box

I don't understand how VAR has had a look at that and thought no penalty on Dessers even though he was blatantly pushed. Ultimately it didn't cost us in the end, but it is another decision yet again that has gone against us.
I thought McCausland was pushed as well ,just as he was about to shoot

Should it not have been a red card? Double jeopardy doesn't apply to deliberate fouls like a shirt pull or push.
Probably not in this case

If what Dorrans has said on RTV is the case, then he’s half right…

If he’s not getting the ball, it can still be a foul, but it wouldn’t be a red card because it’s not DOGSO

I don't understand how VAR has had a look at that and thought no penalty on Dessers even though he was blatantly pushed. Ultimately it didn't cost us in the end, but it is another decision yet again that has gone against us.
100% penalty.

Identical push on Cantwell just after resulted in a free kick.

Pathetic refereeing. Again.

Any footage of both claims, thought both were stonewall. Yet again refs are leaving decisions to VAR rather than referring whats in front of them

Both incidents with Dessers were penalties. Ref and VAR with the selective blindness again.

First incident Dessers gets blatantly shoved with 2 hands by the defender and the one in the 2nd half he's prevented from jumping by the defender who is all over him.

Radio Scotland said no because he didn’t look like he was going to get the ball is this even a rule ,also according to them Cantwell likes being theatrical after being fouled even heard one of them say “Get up “at one point,the biggest diver in Scotland is Furuhashi but there’s isn’t a peep said about him.

The wee prick that is Billy Dodds was on duty last night

Reactions: TNT
Radio Scotland said no because he didn’t look like he was going to get the ball is this even a rule ,also according to them Cantwell likes being theatrical after being fouled even heard one of them say “Get up “at one point,the biggest diver in Scotland is Furuhashi but there’s isn’t a peep said about him.

The BBC would talking keech there.

They'd have had a different opinion IF it it was at the other end.

The BBC would talking keech there.

They'd have had a different opinion IF it it was at the other end.
Watched it this morning it’s a clear push I mean if you do that outside the box it’s a foul so how’s it not a penalty inside the penalty area ?

It was terrible refereeing.

First was a stonewaller and the second one even more so and the fact that they glanced VAR and brushed it off makes the whole thing a mockery.

Clear case of the "Penalty Rangers" propaganda machine working. Referees were /are reluctant to give us anything in the first place , and now feel if they do , their decision will be scrutinised for a week in the mhedia. let alone the abuse they'll face from the unwashed.

VAR is no longer fit for purpose in this country,

I genuinely think there is animosity between officials. There are a number whose arrogance and “seniority” basically brow beat others, and instances where VAR has the ability to correct a wrong and VAR has what ever way you want to look at it 1. Hung a referee out to dry or 2. Exposing a cheat. Either way there is no appetite to address it.

Dorrans said similar about getting to the ball. Another lot of garbage thrown in to create confusion and muddy the waters. That's not a rule.

On Cantwell - he was on the end of some horrendous tackles last night. Showed great attitude to get on with it and was excellent second half.

Dorrans said similar about getting to the ball. Another lot of garbage thrown in to create confusion and muddy the waters. That's not a rule.

On Cantwell - he was on the end of some horrendous tackles last night. Showed great attitude to get on with it and was excellent second half.

Suttons character assassination worked - Todds getting about 50% of fouls he should & players are not carded as its perceived as "not that bad"

Thought the one in the second half was more of a shout than the first one tbh

Being impeded from heading the ball with his shirt clearly being held when he's clearly in a position to play the ball

I thought the one in the first half he might have been clipped and tripped - then he claimed the push and I wasn't sold on that - would need to see it again
The replay shown is a clear 2 handed shove to the back.

The replay shown is a clear 2 handed shove to the back.
Had a good view of it from the Govan Rear and it looked the most blatant two handed shove you could ever see. No attempt to play the ball so pen and red card imo.

Would love a replay to see if it was as bad as it looked in real time.

100% penalty.

Identical push on Cantwell just after resulted in a free kick.

Pathetic refereeing. Again.

The push on Cantwell was identical in every way bar one.
Two handed push in the back with similar force.
Why then was that given immediately but not even a VAR check for the one in the penalty box?
Anyone hazard a guess?

Another example of the clear corruption the club have faced all season yet there is complete silence from the board of directors.

Where was the backlash when Diomande had his shirt pulled on Saturday as he was about to score?
That one seems to have been forgotten about very quickly.

Second one last night was unreal. Dessers stood with his hands in the air while being wrestled by the Dundee player - if Dessers had gone for the ball his shirt would have come off it was that bad.

If we do that in our box it's a Dundee pen
If anyone does that to a Celtic player it's a pen

It was a horrendous decision and should be called out. A full 2 arm push, you’ll never see a clearer foul. Also the second one where Dessers arms were by his side and his shirt was being pulled up around his neck yet somehow VAR must’ve just thought the wind caught it or something. It’s a disgrace, they are terrified to give anything to us.
I wouldn't call it horrendous, I would call it deliberate!

It was a foul, absolutely no question. He was being pushed back and obstructed from going for a header. Ref was a shambles tonight.

Edit* I’m thinking of the second incident!
First or second, it just shows that Cyriel Dessers gets absolutely zero protection from referees...yet he is penalised for the slightest touch on opponents. It must be so frustrating for him.

Thought the one in the second half was more of a shout than the first one tbh

Being impeded from heading the ball with his shirt clearly being held when he's clearly in a position to play the ball

I thought the one in the first half he might have been clipped and tripped - then he claimed the push and I wasn't sold on that - would need to see it again
It was right below me in the broomy it was a deliberate push.

So let’s see if I have this right it’s not a penalty if it is in the box because if they think the player isn’t getting to the ball it’s play on (is this a VAR rule ,a commentators rule or just a anti Rangers rule),now if the same offence is committed outside the box I take it no foul will be awarded either,there was more contact on Dessers than that diving c@nt had on Saturday.

This also happened a couple of weeks ago,a full 2 handed shove on Dessers back as he was in the act of shooting ,definite penalty.I would love to hear the reasoning behind those non decisions.

Hopefully that works but for me that's not a penalty yes there's 2 hands on the back but Dessers isn't winning that ball either way. The 2nd one is a far better shout

That’s still a penalty all day every day, it is so blatant he might not win the ball in that situation but if it wasn’t for that push he could’ve put more pressure on the keeper and back line.

I personally think it is more of a penalty shout than the 2nd (Both are good shouts) but that’s just my opinion.

I thought the Dundee defender wanted Dessers jersey to take home as he had a hold constantly

Hopefully that works but for me that's not a penalty yes there's 2 hands on the back but Dessers isn't winning that ball either way. The 2nd one is a far better shout
I suppose you can argue about how far away he is from the ball, i still think its a foul, but if it was given against us you and Greig would be saying this is excellent refereeing.

This whole wasn't getting to the ball thing is surely irrelevant. If you punch someone in the box, that's a foul/penalty regardless of getting the ball. A push should be the same. The ball was active. Think about that crazy penalty Celtic got against Livi where the defender brushed one of their players hair while the keeper was holding the ball. Foul in the box should surely = penalty?

As for the 2nd one... inexplicable that it wasn't given.

Same thing happened at Dens Park three weeks ago when Sima burst through from the halfway line and was bearing down on the goal inside the box when the Dundee defender put two hands on Sima’s back and pushed him over just as he about to shoot. Nothing given.

Graham Dorrans on RTV co coms seemed to think it wouldn’t be looked at as Dessers was too far away from actually getting to the ball but I thought a foul was a foul and a foul in the box a penalty?
Exactly!
How do you determine how far is too far?
A foul is a foul!

Not a penalty for me, don’t think those who think it is are wrong though….

Yes there’s hands on his back, but I don’t think there’s “enough” of a push. There’s not really much extension of the arm

Feels the contact and goes down, but I can’t fault him for that - particularly in a situation where the ball isn’t there to be played… gives the referee a decision to make

For me it’s very comparable to the Morelos/Johnston one … not a foul, but not being overturned if it’s given

It’s also, absolutely not a red card if it is given

If I remember correctly the ref gave a foul for us outside the penalty area for a similar 2 hands on back push against Cantwell.

Dessers had a good shout in the second half for a penalty when the defender was holding him back with an arm around the neck - again neither the cr@p referee nor VAR team was interested.

Mind you the ref had a very high threshold for tackles made from the back - has the SFA forgotten that the tackle from behind endangers a player because he can't see it coming ?

Back