People who don’t like football?

Not to be trusted, do feel they are in a similar boat to the freaks that support specific players rather than a team, don't see the point in it at all. Just glad it's not me.

Sat next to an engineer at work who doesn't, just into F1. Thankfully today is his last as he is leaving the company and I couldn't be happier. I had no idea what to speak about on a Monday with him.

Tbh, I could see me not liking football now if I hadn’t been watching it for decades, especially Scottish football.

I hate watching some of our games where, at times, thuggery and cheating are the acceptable ways of trying to beat us.

Wasting time from minute one isn’t conducive to a good product.

One guy I work with is into cricket and rugby. Grew up in England playing both of these. Good guy even though he doesn't have any interest in football.

My father in law loves music, playing in his band and working in his allotment. He has absolutely no interest in football but also a good guy.

They’re
More of a rugby man I’m told :D :D :D
They’re for the watching too in my opinion. I was delighted recently when Bomber was co-commentating and Tom asked him if he’d be watching the Scotland England game later (I forget the name of the cup they play for every year) “No, I can’t take that sport at all!”

People growing up in Glasgow who prefer rugby just aren’t normal.

I love football love Rangers always have football on the telly if I’m not at a Ranger’s game even if I have no real interest in it I find it comforting.Great Fa cup matches last week really enjoyed Coventry game and to a lesser extent Man Utd game against republican Liverpool.I work beside a couple of people who don’t like football I try not to make eye contact with them they’re complete weirdos really have no time or any kind of respect for them mind you if they were a really good looking female might make an exception shallow yes but there you go.

Working within the engineering sector it’s all rally men and general car enthusiasts I spend my days with. Sounds bad but there is worse… those that talk about “football at the weekend” but they use their hands and play opposing counties and call our sport the S word .

Working within the engineering sector it’s all rally men and general car enthusiasts I spend my days with. Sounds bad but there is worse… those that talk about “football at the weekend” but they use their hands and play opposing counties and call our sport the S word .
That’s beyond cringe. I simply can’t hear that word spoken without challenging it. It says way more about them than it does about normal people.

People who don't like football but always want to leave there shitey opinion which they don't know anything about are the worst

I work in a team of about 20, and I'm the only real football fan - one guy supports us and another supports Sunderland, but neither ever go to a game.

The rest are simply not interested and would struggle to name more than 3 or 4 teams.

I work in IT so that's probably got a lot to do with it, the bunch of geeks :D

I remember starting a new job years ago and got put to work next to a guy who I thought was ok. Asked him what his interests were and he replied "Celtic, Bon Jovi and American Wrestling".

Three of the things that I hate most in life. We didn't really get along after that.

My wee brother does not bother with football and never has. Music is his thing

Each to their own
My wee brother was never interested in football either. Sometimes i think he has it better without the stress of worrying about the Rangers result or week being ruined by a defeat. In saying that, a life without Rangers? F*ck that!

I must admit though that my interest in football outwith Rangers is nowhere near what it was.

Remember having to work with a boy who didn't like sport or music. I can almost understand sport but music :oops: made for a long shift. Weirdo.

If they were into motorsport, my power bar goes down to zero.
My cousin's man is not into football and stopped in the other day with here.

He's not into football at all. Started talking about motor bikes and the number/make of them or whatever. No clue what he was talking about.

If people don't watch any games outside of ourselves that really does explain half the posts in the match threads.

People who only watch Rangers games and absolutely no other football probably don't really understand at least a few of the changes in football over the last 10-20 years and expect us to play 4-4-2 in 90s style.
Got to love the snobbery from the armchair experts who must spend all their free time watching football if Rangers don't play enough games for them. You can watch a variety of football and still be clueless.

My son wasn't big into football as a kid or a young adult, fishing was his thing but now in his late 30s he's seriously into it i think the main reason for this is his own son playing through different levels growing up (he's 16) also he's worked with two tims for the past few years, this seems to have given him a passionate hatred of the filth

None of my 3 kids like football at all , one severely autistic so I don’t really expect him to , with the noise .
The other 2 just have better things to do , if I ask them

Brothers an egg chaser fan and player.

He went to the Scotland game on Tuesday. Yes, rugby for him……football is shite.

My son has no interest in football whatsoever,he played it up to he was 12 had a bad experience with a coach and hasn’t kicked a ball since.he has no interest in watching it either.

Worked in a factory in Cambridgeshire with 15 of us on shift. Rangers (me obviously), St. Mirren, 2 x Liverpool, 2 x Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea, West Ham, Spurs, Leeds, Norwich (ex forces who despised Celtc) and Notts County so a large majority followed football.

28 in my current work. 3 of us, 1 of them, 1 sheep, 1 Hammer and 1 Liverpool. 1 guy loves football but doesn't have a team and there's another 1 of them, 1 ICT, 1 Bradford and 1 Man Utd if pushed but not really into football.
Others more interested in Tractors, Cars and Motorbikes and Golf.
Don't know if it's a nation thing or because my current work is pretty rural but there's a fair difference.

The way the game has went since the 90s and 00s it's becoming boring to me.

I'm glad I still have love of us tho, if I didn't I would find it hard to watch the sport now.

Every CL is nearly the same. It's boring.

Used to obsessively watch everything. Other than Rangers and Scotland away games now they are simply on in the background and mostly ignored.

Used to be a very rare thing when I was a nipper ( I’m 57 now )
But seems to be a lot more folks not into football these days for some reason
I’m similar age. I don’t know when it stopped being the case, whenever you where in the company of people you didn’t know too well you could always strike up a conversation about football or music. Now I hate having to go works doos with wife as I feel I have nothing in common with these people. People saying so much other things. Like what? These people who are not into football they do not seem to have the same level of interest in anything else.

I love playing and will always love and watch Rangers, but my interest in football otherwise has plummeted over the years. Nowadays even the big EPL games hold no real interest, I might put them on in the background but not bothered about watching them. 15 years ago, I would have watched everything.

Mainly down to the money. There has always been imbalance in football but the obscene wages, state-owned clubs, etc have turned me off.

Just thinking in my work, there’s me that watches football regularly, another guy who has a passing interest in us, and that’s it in an office of 10. Wider company, I can only think of another 2, 4 out of a company of 40

Used to be a very rare thing when I was a nipper ( I’m 57 now )
But seems to be a lot more folks not into football these days for some reason
When I was young during the 70’s and early 80’s I used to love watching any football. Apart from the filth unless we played them.
It was different back then. It was football. Simple as that.
Nowadays you get under 13 games with youngsters turning up with rips in their socks, earphones in and carrying shin pads in a bag.
If I’m not at Ibrox or away then I’ll watch it on tele. I don’t know if anyone else does the same but I never watch pre match shite or pundits talking shite afterwards. Switch on at the start and switch off at the end. And I only watch Rangers games.
One thing I’ll never do again is come on the bear pit after we play the filth. If you have an opinion that differs then for some reason I can’t login for a week ;)

Back