Permanent deal for Cortes

Deal edging closer and could be done in next few days, reported by Rangers Review
Surprised it's not a loan..... Will be a few on here moaning because we have purchased another injured player. He did show promise however ...

Maybe it was a cut price deal?

Looked the part from what we've seen so far. Hopefully not another one with injury problems. He'll be a good addition for us next season

Positive news. Bit of a gamble considering he only played a handful of games but clement must fancy him

Would be happy to have him onboard next season. Hopefully another loan with option to buy. Boy was definitely coming on to a game and looked like he could be a real talent.

I suspect we will do another loan, to January, rather than seal a permanent deal right now. Despite what the report says.
I don't think so. If we do another loan and he plays as well as he was playing before getting injured then we probably wouldn't be able to afford him.

Not sure thats best for the club. With our luck he will struggle to get back to what we saw in the first few games and be in and out all the time injured.

Loan for another season would have been safest bet

If he’d continued his form we saw in the first couple games we’d be sitting comfy at the top of the league imo.

Another loan probs best to see how he does over a sustained period of time

It’s Rangers Review who aren’t exactly reliable.

If it was another loan with a renegotiated option to buy then that would probably make more sense, unless it was a heavily reduced fee we have been able to negotiate.

Good, he came straight in and looked like he’d been at Rangers for years. Cortes, Yilmaz, Sima, if we had those 3 available the league would be done by now.

It’s Rangers Review who aren’t exactly reliable.

If it was another loan with a renegotiated option to buy then that would probably make more sense, unless it was a heavily reduced fee we have been able to negotiate.
They’ll do you mean discount on a hair transplant if you need one though.

Happy if it's another loan, for now. Only played a handful of games, of course but, looked like he settled very quickly and it's a position we woefully short in.

Unless something has changed the Colombian press were reporting it as an initial loan deal.

Be surprised if it was otherwise.

I don't see anything in the Colombian or Spanish speaking press that suggests a deal has been done? Only that Rangers are talking to Lens about the situation

Happy if it's another loan, for now. Only played a handful of games, of course but, looked like he settled very quickly and it's a position we woefully short in.
Personally I was keen we got him permanently given the impact he was making.

The injury plays a part though...yet it was the ridiculous circumstances of that Rugby Park pitch.

It sounds like we're in talks with Lens either way though so that's pleasing to hear. If it's another loan or a lower fee (given the injury) with a larger upside in the future then I'd be happy with that.

As you say, a position we're woefully short in and he looked like one of the better acquisitions for that that positions in years. Not that there's much competition.

Let's see what the deal, if it happens,is before we start complaining. I would guess it's an initial loan with guaranteed fee at end of loan period. Looked good but let's see what he is like after a clear 6 months.

Surprised it's not a loan..... Will be a few on here moaning because we have purchased another injured player. He did show promise however ...

Maybe it was a cut price deal?

Ffs:))

Isn’t any signing a risk. Anyone can get injured at anytime.

Yes, but if you went to buy a car would you buy a model that had a history of breaking down regularly or one known for its reliability?

Nothing at all wrong with playing the odds and going for players who have shown a level of robustness in their past.

As for Cortes, we simply don’t know if this was just a case of a player picking up an injury that could have happened at anytime, or a look into the future of another who’s going be bothered with hamstring injuries all of his career, hence why a further loan deal might have been the better option.

If folk choose to look at that approach as “moaning’ then hell mend them:))

Good. Looked exactly like the player that we need in our team.

Direct, physical, willing to take a shot and able to take on a player.

Reactions: TQ3
Personally I was keen we got him permanently given the impact he was making.

The injury plays a part though...yet it was the ridiculous circumstances of that Rugby Park pitch.

It sounds like we're in talks with Lens either way though so that's pleasing to hear. If it's another loan or a lower fee (given the injury) with a larger upside in the future then I'd be happy with that.

As you say, a position we're woefully short in and he looked like one of the better acquisitions for that that positions in years. Not that there's much competition.

I'm probably just wary, given how much we have wasted over the last few years, not to mention the injury issues. The squad needs gutted and we really need to get the majority of the replacements right as we aren't in a position to just write them off if it goes wrong.

Loan with option to buy seems sensible to me. If he comes back showing the same sort of form before his injury I've no doubt it would be made permanent.

If it were me I'd have been looking at another loan, preferably 6 months with an option to extend for a full season. But that's mainly based on ensuring he's not the type to constantly break down with injury.

Based purely on his ability when on the field I'm 100% behind a permanent deal for him. Really enjoyed watching him thought he was a really dynamic, edge of your seat type to watch. We could sure do with a few more like him in the squad.

Reactions: TQ3
Back