Permanent deal for Cortes

It’s a risk either way, sign him permanently and he gets injured all the time it’s bad.

Sign him on loan, he becomes a star and someone else buys him.

I don't think so. If we do another loan and he plays as well as he was playing before getting injured then we probably wouldn't be able to afford him.
The ultimate fee was probably already discussed before his current loan - and will certainly be discussed before any second loan. Not binding on either party of course. He might bomb and we decide not to pursue him rather than starring and his value increasing. Or it could be something inbetween.

PC obviously rates him.

That's good enough for me.
Yeah, but he also rates Silva.....

FWIW Cortes looked to have the same attitude towards the physical side as Buff did when he was with us. Strong boy with fast feet and hopefully able to get into double figures for goals

No idea what the fee would be, £3m or less it’s a no brainer

Really liked the look of him, freak injury on a shite plastic pitch wouldn’t put me off, very young he’ll come back stronger

Showed more than enough to look like he’ll be a player for us

A loan deal with option to buy most sensible move

I’d be fine with another loan. If there’s any club in the world that couldn’t be accused of having a lot of scar tissue where signing injured players is concerned then it’s us

So going other comments it’s a loan to buy again which is good news. Really want him back again. If we could even get sima back on loan again it would really help us focus on the other areas within our squad. Getting a couple on loan might also help us bring in another winger as well.

I imagine it will be an initial loan with the option to buy in January or at the end of the season. He looked good though, if we can get him for not a big outlay I’d be happy.

I understand people being wary, that's absolutely justified.

But this might be our best chance of signing a player who looked very promising, and I have no doubt we'll at least be aware if the potential for the injury having a lasting effect exists.

There's no guarantee he'll want to sign after another loan deal, even though he seems to be amenable just now. For all we know, there's an element of "now or potentially never" about it.

Yeah, but he also rates Silva.....

FWIW Cortes looked to have the same attitude towards the physical side as Buff did when he was with us. Strong boy with fast feet and hopefully able to get into double figures for goals
If he rated Silva after having now managed him then it wouldn't have been already decided he won't be here next season, despite the player himself saying he would love to remain here a few months ago. He liked his profile, got him on loan, didn't like the overall contribution is how I see it having gone.

Here's the article that they linked to:

Rangers Review talk shite.

CanalRCN says: "It is expected that in the coming days, conversations will take place between both clubs to determine whether Cortés will remain at Rangers or return to France."

It adds: "The next few days will be crucial to define the future of Óscar Cortés and know if he will continue his career at Rangers or if he will return to Lens in France."

I take it he is injury prone then.
Seriously surely we have to be careful with this problem.

If he rated Silva after having now managed him then it wouldn't have been already decided he won't be here next season, despite the player himself saying he would love to remain here a few months ago. He liked his profile, got him on loan, didn't like the overall contribution is how I see it having gone.
If he didn't rate him he wouldn't be playing is how I see it. Limited options or not

Replace He and Danilo with Roofe and Jack, and we are back to where we have been for the last few seasons.

remains to be seen
danilo played a lot before his injuries here - cortes only just breaking through so nothing to compare with

Roofe was known to be injury prone before he came
Jack was given deals when here, when we all knew he would miss half the season at least

He played for not a lot of mins and yes had some flashes that I like you all thought yeeessss.
Had few mins I thought like you ah fkc no.

Got injured not played since and we are going to sign him.
Always said if I'm coming back it's as a divorce lawyer or a veterinary surgeon.
Now I'm adding selling players to Rangers in my CV.

I genuinely despair at our transfer strategy if this is true. Following two seasons decimated by multiple long term injuries to key players we sign another player who is in the midst of a long term injury. Whether this is permanent or a loan let's just not.

From what I saw of Danilo, he isn’t the long term answer and misses as many chances as Danilo but seemed to avoid mass criticism

i remember some criticism, esp at Dundee - but he managed to find the net so its forgotten
we simply cannot tell for Danilo as he arrived and just getting up to speed and was out, then same again for this injury

certainly for £6m and a player who missed most of the season
we cannot afford to write him off yet

Back