Peter Leven admitted to hospital last night

Best wishes to Peter and I hope he makes a speedy recovery.

Peter is a massive bluenose and is a top bloke. He had phenomenal potential and only a really bad injury stopped him from playing for Rangers. Advocaat rated him highly and had him on the bench a few times the season before his injury. He was 17 years old and Advocaat had him in the bench as back up to guys like Gio and Ferguson. That tells you how good he was as a youngster.

Best wishes to Peter and I hope he makes a speedy recovery.

Peter is a massive bluenose and is a top bloke. He had phenomenal potential and only a really bad injury stopped him from playing for Rangers. Advocaat rated him highly and had him on the bench a few times the season before his injury. He was 17 years old and Advocaat had him in the bench as back up to guys like Gio and Ferguson. That tells you how good he was as a youngster.
He was with MK Dons for a spell (can't remember in what capacity) anyway,he brought quite a few first team players to our pub in Leighton Buzzzard (good Rangers pub) and they got absolutely hammered on Buckie and beer and this was before they went to the first teams player of the year award night.First time I found out that Alan Smith didn't drink (at that time anyway) and they all ended up singing Rangers songs that no doubt Peter had taught them.

He was with MK Dons for a spell (can't remember in what capacity) anyway,he brought quite a few first team players to our pub in Leighton Buzzzard (good Rangers pub) and they got absolutely hammered on Buckie and beer and this was before they went to the first teams player of the year award night.First time I found out that Alan Smith didn't drink (at that time anyway) and they all ended up singing Rangers songs that no doubt Peter had taught them.
I went to a MK Dons game and in the programme there was an article about Peter. It mentioned him and another player singing Rangers songs in the dressing room. I think Alex Rae might have been there at one point so might have been him

Edit - just checked and both were there 2009/2010. My youngest son would have been six so the dates tie up.

Wish him all the best in his recovery.

If it's the same Leven he played for Renfrew Vic's boys club pretty sure he banged in a few when I played against him.

was he not a real prospect for our youth team at one point until an injury

Speedy recovery wished

Back