Plans for next Saturday

Sister gets married next weekend. Had to give my ticket up. Only cup final I have missed was Frankfurt. Never got a ticket but was still in Seville.

Got to be there given our mum is no longer around and old man can’t attend due to illness.
You'll probably have a nicer time. Have a great day.

Up at the crack of dawn. Take the dog a long walk and listen to a bit of heart and hand.
Get back get showered and take the wee man to his football game for a 9 o'clock kick off.
Back quick change and down to the pub for the bus leaving at more than likely 11. Through to the Louden at Duke Street which we have done for every game at hampden this season for a few hours and then head over to Hampden.
After the game will either be back to the pub to meet mates without tickets to celebrate or back to the pub to drink myself into oblivion and numb the pain.

Unfortunately I've had to sell my ticket, at a wedding down south, starts at 230pm. Hopefully sneak away and catch the 2nd half.

Didn't get tickets so will prob end up going to my caravan up in Elie Fife for the weekend, few beers, hopefully win although I can't see it then more beers and BBQ.

Dog walk, mugdock. Breakfast (cooked). Head to pub. Several pints of Guinness. Either a sad trudge home or a joyous celebration of all things right, good and proper with a hefty dose of GIRFUY to the smug horrible ***s.

Driving up from Essex on Friday

Might go to see Walters statue first then find somewhere to park at Hampden and go for a few refreshments

My mate and Mrs fly over from Ulster on Friday night, and will have a couple in the house on Saturday morning before heading down to the club for a few before getting the bus to Hampden

At this point i will be watching the FA cup final. The thought of watching them giving us the run around again is too much.
Come saturday and a few pints, the bravery may kick in and I think we will thrash them!

Current feeling is I’m just going to stay at home and watch it but as the weekend gets closer I know I’ll end up wanting to go out so it will be up early head to the gym for a bit then home changed and off to the Grapes for the game.

Missed out on the points.

Probably up at 5, watch old games and go to my mates at 11ish. Hopefully celebrating by 5, and continue celebrating till the boxing is on then home at a reasonable time :))

Don’t think I’ve ever known anyone to go there just for a drink :))
We nipped in after the league cup final as my mate had a table booked, was okay tbh. Handy for the ground and good to have a few tables booked, something different suppose

6am flight BFS-EDI, get to Glasgow for about 8am then sort breakfast. Get to Ibrox for the statue unveiling. After that walk to hampden for a few pints before KO.

Train to Oxenholme, then bus replacement service to Carlisle. Change to another bus replacement service to Glasgow. Hopefully in at 12:30

Few beers before supporters bus to Hampden

Overnight hotel and then Megabus return to Preston.

I love Network Rail upgrades. :rolleyes:

Train to Oxenholme, then bus replacement service to Carlisle. Change to another bus replacement service to Glasgow. Hopefully in at 12:30

Few beers before supporters bus to Hampden

Overnight hotel and then Megabus return to Preston.

I love Network Rail upgrades. :rolleyes:
You tried the north lancs bus mate

Up early, fry up with the tunes on. Through to Glasgow for a few near Hampden. Hopefully see the cup lifted. Think this one will be like 1973, a win against the odds.
If that happens it’s home to get stuck into the coldies in the fridge with tunes on again. WATP.

leaving the Fort at half eight get to a Hampden local hotel for lunch with the lads then off to the game back to the hotel after the game for the celebrations

Will leave NL at 12pm, son in tow, parked at Goals in Shawlands for 1pm, if Church on the Hill has room, a quick drink, then stadium bound.

Me and the lads who haven’t got tickets will be watching the game at the house. Tunes on early and the first litre of Smirnoff cracked before 12.

Dont get all this doom and gloom from folk saying they’ll be either golfing, walking the dog or playing Subbuteo instead of watching the fucking game.

I know the SCF, and also the LCF, has been pretty much devalued in recent times with rattler dominance however I am from a time where this trophy had a wee bit of end season magic about it.

Remember going to my first at Hampden in 1969 and sitting in the old north stand with my Mum. Got horsed 0-4 and we were strong favourites to lift the thing. So even with our recent woes it is a one off game and is entirely winnable.

Get fucked into the rattler scum Rangers.

Back