Player of the Year Awards

Not saying it’s likely but isn’t Tav only a few goals ahead of Dessers?

Which makes the fact that we always do these awards before the season has ended all the more baffling, since Dessers can absolutely still score more.

Folk moan about the awards being early every single year :))
Because it’s utterly ridiculous every year.

As someone else said, I hope someone overtakes Tavernier as top scorer and someone scores a goal better than Matondo just to make a mockery of the whole thing.

What’s the logic behind holding them now?

As someone else said, I hope someone overtakes Tavernier as top scorer and someone scores a goal better than Matondo just to make a mockery of the whole thing.

It’s hardly all set in stone ffs :D

Absolute nonsense having awards before season ends.

I hope the goal of the season is still to come and it's the league winner
Come the end of the season, all they’ll be thinking about is how quickly they can get away on holiday.

• Angry
Reactions: GF1
GMR-198WsAAX9TY

It’s hardly all set in stone ffs :D
Oh, come on. You can’t tell me handing out a top scorer award with multiple games left to play, for example, isn’t a bit silly?

I’m hardly starting a petition over it but it’s daft.

I just listened to the Gersnet podcast and they “announced” that Tav won Player of the Year and had a few minutes discussing it. One for the blooper reel boys.

The players will be on holiday or away with their national team after the cup final

Well Deserved from the big man. What a signing he’s been, arguably the best signing in at least 5/6 years or even longer. Just hopefully he’s content at Ibrox and doesn’t go back down south.

Absolute nonsense having awards before season ends.

I hope the goal of the season is still to come and it's the league winner
A crazy situation having the awards doo before the season ends
Players seriously can’t wait a day after the cup final before they go on personal holiday?

Reactions: GF1

Here’s the logic

1. The players head off on holiday the day after the season finishes

2. Can you imagine the POY if we’d just lost the league?

3. Every POY award is held before the end of the season, PFA and Sports Writers are also before end of season

Moaning year after year won’t change it

Not saying it’s likely but isn’t Tav only a few goals ahead of Dessers?
4 I think. As for Matondo goal of the season against them personally I think Tavs free kick at Parkhead was better even tho we got beat.Well done Jack Butland,fully deserved,them saves yesterday alone were superb.

Here’s the logic

3. Every POY award is held before the end of the season, PFA and Sports Writers are also before end of season

Understood.....but tbh I thought that they may just have withheld this season's Top Scorer trophy and presented it to the winner at a later date with there being only 4 goals between Tav& Dessers and 4 League games & a Final still to play.....a bit odd to have someone with a ' Top Scorer ' trophy when they might not actually be the top Scorer.

Which makes the fact that we always do these awards before the season has ended all the more baffling, since Dessers can absolutely still score more.
Every club generally does them before the end do they not?

Here’s the logic

As someone who attended the dinner the night Celtic had scudded us 5-0 to win the league, I fully understand why its held early

That was a horrible horrible night

Back