Players to keep

I would keep Dessers as although he’s far from the finished product he’s improving all the time and is banging in the goals. Another season here and he could be scoring 30+
For Dessers if there are offers coming in simmilar to what we spent on him - he should be gone

He’s scored some goals - but he’s not the answer - Simon Murray has a similar goal return … and Rangers create a damn sight more chances than Ross County ever will.

To be honest, there's not really anyone in the team who is irreplaceable apart from Butland and the more time goes on, the more Sterling should be in a position where he can do good things. There isn't a reason anyone else should be kept 100%. Diomande is coming in, he's not convincing for the money we are paying. He strikes me as someone like Kamara who against most of the shite will look the part with twists and turns but when the tough gets going, might not be able to step up.

Butland Ridvan Sterling Dio Danilo Mccausland

The rest can go
We still need a squad mate.
We do need a squad, yet you reckon we should only keep 6 players?

Anyone thinking we are going to get rid of upwards of 15 players or so is living in cloud cuckoo land.

We have 5 out of contract, they'll go. We ain't getting rid of 10+ others, even allowing for non returning loans.

Few from today showed it but can’t be many we want to see next season? Same old for so long…
Folk hoping for a big turnover are going to be very disappointed.

Other than guys out of contract, I don't see too many others leaving, maybe 2 or 3 at most. The idea that that Tav, Goldson, Matondo, Raskin, Cantwell, Wright, Dessers, Davies, Lawrence and Dowell will be on their way is fanciful.

Butland and Ridvan are probably the 2 most valuable assets. As unpalatable as it is, they'd need to be sold to finance the squad.

Clement already said we spent summer money in Jan.

Our recruitment needs to get better and we need to start proper player trading.

Keep (use as maybe first team)
GK Butland
RB Sterling
RCB Souttar
LB Ridvan
DM/CM Diomande
CM Raskin
AM Cantwell
LW/RW Cortes loan again LW/RW Sima (maybe sign)
ST Danilo
Subs
ST Dessers
Gk McCrorie
Lw/RwMatondo
Rb Tavernier
AM Hagi
AM Lowrey
CB Davies

Get Rid of -
Lb Borna sign 1 x LB
Cb Goldson sign 2 x LCB CB/DM
Dm Lundstram sign 2 x/CM
Rw Wright sign 2x LW/RW
Cf Silva sign 1x ST
St Roofe sign 1 xCF
Am Lawrence
CF Lammers
CM Jack
Rw/LwMcCauseland (on loan)
Cb King (on loan)
Rid of 11 players
Sign 9 players
We ll have to use the market very wisely Clement and koppen. Board will need to dig deep aswell.

We do need a squad, yet you reckon we should only keep 6 players?

Anyone thinking we are going to get rid of upwards of 15 players or so is living in cloud cuckoo land.

We have 5 out of contract, they'll go. We ain't getting rid of 10+ others, even allowing for non returning loans.
He got rid of 12 at Monaco so it's not that far fetched.
The best of the spfl to boost the numbers would be a start

GK Butland
RB Sterling
RCB Souttar
LB Ridvan
DM/CM Diomande
CM Raskin
AM Cantwell
ST Danilo
Subs
ST Dessers
Gk McCrorie
Lw/RwMatondo
Rb Tavernier
AM Hagi
AM Lowrey
CB Davies

Get Rid of -
Lb Borna sign 1 x LB
Dm Lundstram sign 2 x/CM
Rw Wright sign 2x LW/RW
Cf Silva sign 1x ST
St Roofe sign 1 xCF
Am Lawrence
CF Lammers
CM Jack
Cb King (on loan)
Rid of 11 players
Sign 9 players
We ll have to use the market very wisely Clement and koppen. Board will need to dig deep aswell.
I’ve said on another thread that success is built from the back. As much as I want to see 20 players out and 20 players in, thats actually not required. We need to sign 2 quality centre backs (like Walter did with Cueller and Weir), we need a quality midfield enforcer (again as Walter did with Thomson). Get shot of Lundstram, Tav, Borna and Goldson and put Sterling in his natural position of right back. Do that and the rest of the team takes care of itself. That’s 4 out, 3 in and it will make all the difference.

Sterling
Butland (unless £10m+ offer comes in)
Diamonde (obligation to buy so will be regardless)

The rest can go for all I care for one reason or another (OTC , sell , pay off)

There’s been a few threads like this and the vast majority of people are wanting 15/20 or more players moved on. Now I don’t disagree in principle with the names on the list but surely it’s hugely unrealistic?

Especially given that Beale conducted ‘a rebuild’ last summer. Isn’t it more likely that we’ll move at most 5-7 on and bring in (hopefully) a similar number? My fear is that we’ll start next season with a lot of the players we have now?

Won't have a problem with Yilmaz leaving. Guy was injured for a couple of weeks, 50/50 for about 5 weeks, and getting bled back in, when we are stuck with Barisic. Move him on.
That’s a fair point, maybe give him a hard pre season to see if he can cope but then you possibly damage an asset you could sell, it’s a head scratcher.

Having said that, Clement says they know why we seem to have more money injuries than most, so we will see?

There’s been a few threads like this and the vast majority of people are wanting 15/20 or more players moved on. Now I don’t disagree in principle with the names on the list but surely it’s hugely unrealistic?

Especially given that Beale conducted ‘a rebuild’ last summer. Isn’t it more likely that we’ll move at most 5-7 on and bring in (hopefully) a similar number? My fear is that we’ll start next season with a lot of the players we have now?
7 or 8 is a realistic number to bring in. I think we could lose double that and still emerge stronger than now.

OOC - Borna, McLaughlin, Lundstram, Jack, Roofe. Absolutely must go - Goldson, Tav, Wright. Not worth the money to keep - Sima and Silva. That’s 8 we need to lose and 2 loans. I’ll be okay with keeping any of the rest of them as long as those 8 are all away.

10 out (of which 3 never play anyway), 8 in and a couple of loans.

The players I would keep ..
Butland
Sterling
Yilmaz
(Maybe Danilo ) due to his injury

Tavernier (I'll be sad to see go as it'll be the end of era , but he has to go)

The rest I honestly wouldn't miss them if they left.

We can't realistically move on as many players as we need in one go. Depressingly we will most likely line up with Tavernier as captain again next year which will be tragic.

The following need replaced and upgraded for certain

Barisic
Lundstram
Jack
Roofe
Goldson
Dessers
Silva
Souttar ( back up centre half at best)
Scott Wright
Ben Davies

We need to be realistic in who we can keep, who we need to sacrifice for the rebuild, and where the priorities are and what the budget is and who we can actually get decent money for.

Butland - I assume will be sold for big money to fund the rebuild.
McLaughlin - goes

McCrorie - keep
Tavernier - keep

Borna - goes - contract ending - thanks for Europa run
Ridvan - keep
Goldson - keep

Balogun - goes - contract ending - thanks for Europa run
Davies - goes if decent money is offered - but nice to have a left sided CB.

Souttar - keep
Sterling - keep

Lundstram - goes - contract ending - thanks for Europa run
Jack - thanks for your time but has to go because he is never fit

Raskin - if there is a couple of million offered then he goes
Diomande - keep I assume we are committed to signing him anyway
Cantwell - if there is enough millions offered then he goes

Lawrence - goes
Wright - goes
Dowell - goes
Cifuentes - goes
Lowry - goes

Lammers - goes, hopefully we will get a decent fee considering his form in Holland.

Sima - if we can get him for a reasonable fee then get him - check fitness though.
Cortes - I liked the look of this guy - sign him - must be assessed for fitness though.
McCausland - keep
Roofe - thanks for the fleeting big memories but has to go - contract ending.
Danilo - keep
Dessers - keep

Silva - goes
Matondo - goes if there is an offer.

Davies, Raskin and Cantwell - if good money is offered then I'd let them go. Will probably stay though as still in contract. Good to have a left sided defensive option with Davies so would need replaced if going.

So we need 7 first team starters for -

Goalkeeper
Centre Back
Left back
Midfield x 2
Striker x 1
Creative wide player

Sign 3 or 4 back up players - Scottish players.

My heart says get rid of the lot of them but my head says that we can’t. Do we need a super star goalie for the SPL ? If we got a decent offer f.or Butland, I would let him go. Our defence sucks and I don’t hold out any hope for us if they stay. Tav is done, Goldson is done,Davies is never a Rangers. Defender and Souttar is weak. Ridvan is too wee and injury prone. With a good defence, we are halfway there.

Butland, sterling and diomande. Maybe cantwell and dessers. After that I’d listen to offers for all of them and definitely see the back of tav, Goldson, borna, jack, lundstram, wright, roofe mcccausland. With thanks for their efforts but time to go.
Dessers how much have you had to drink never good enough if you want to win the league

Butland, Sterling, Ridvan, Diomande, Cortes, Sima, Danillo I would keep. Means you still need to sign 5 guaranteed starters.

Dessers and Souttar I wouldn't be against staying as squad players, the rest of them I hope to never see in a Rangers shirt again.

I also now have concerns Clement is the man to do it, his selection for the last two games against them has been baffling. Lawrence today was shocking. Sterling had to play in midfield. The amount of space Mcagregor got was ridiculous.
I cant get he hasn't learned that mcgregor runs the show for them and needs closed down as soon as he gets the pass,I'm no manager but that' would be my way of thinking.

But we might be able to get our money back for him which would help clement bring in his own man
Aye but for £4.5M there’s certainly no guarantee we’d get any better a striker and if Dessers was to continue improving next season then 25+ goals is within his reach.

Butland
Ridvan
Sterling
Dio
Danilo
Cortez

Squad players not starters

Souttar
Cantwell
Raskin
Dessers
Mccrorie
Goldson

Cant buy 25 new players so need to keep some players.
i suspect Butland will need to be sold so we can fund other players

we have seen what happens when we do not sell our assets when their stock is high

I cant get he hasn't learned that mcgregor runs the show for them and needs closed down as soon as he gets the pass,I'm no manager but that' would be my way of thinking.
Lawrence was supposed to be man marking McGregor when they had possession

He did not track mcgregor's run at their first goal, that then led to all the other problems

For Dessers if there are offers coming in simmilar to what we spent on him - he should be gone

He’s scored some goals - but he’s not the answer - Simon Murray has a similar goal return … and Rangers create a damn sight more chances than Ross County ever will.
Dessers has 21 goals, Murray has 13. Dessers is also clearly improving as he builds an understanding with Cantwell and those around him and adjusts to the Scottish game. He has a very good chance of getting 25+ goals next season, how much do you think we’d have to spend to get someone who can score that amount next season? £9M? £10M? He’s scoring at a better rate than Danilo was.

Few from today showed it but can’t be many we want to see next season? Same old for so long…
I still think there are a good few who players who will improve with better players around them.

I would target four to five quality signings for centre back, centre mid and goal scorer (you know, a regular striker).

Need a few hard workers, far too many luxury players in the squad.
Luxury means quality, above average, excellent. We have one player who meets that criteria.

We unfortunately can;t bin all the dross and sadly we will have the majority starting back at training in July.

Dessers has 21 goals, Murray has 13. Dessers is also clearly improving as he builds an understanding with Cantwell and those around him and adjusts to the Scottish game. He has a very good chance of getting 25+ goals next season, how much do you think we’d have to spend to get someone who can score that amount next season? £9M? £10M? He’s scoring at a better rate than Danilo was.
Murray has 20 goals in 41 games playing for Ross County
Dessers has 21 goals in 51 games playing for Rangers

We dont need to spend anywhere near 9/10m on a striker we just need to scout well.

If you think Dessers is the answer for next season then I afraid you are wrong.

Murray has 20 goals in 41 games playing for Ross County
Dessers has 21 goals in 51 games playing for Rangers

We dont need to spend anywhere near 9/10m on a striker we just need to scout well.

If you think Dessers is the answer for next season then I afraid you are wrong.
Dessers isn’t the answer for next season but he should definitely be partof the squad. Danilo hasn’t exactly been banging them in when he was fit so there’s no guarantee he’d score as many as Dessers and we spent £6M on him. Scout well’? We don’t often manage that!

GK Butland
RB Sterling
RCB Souttar
LB Ridvan
DM/CM Diomande
CM Raskin
AM Cantwell
ST Danilo
Subs
ST Dessers
Gk McCrorie
Lw/RwMatondo
Rb Tavernier
AM Hagi
AM Lowrey
CB Davies

Get Rid of -
Lb Borna sign 1 x LB
Dm Lundstram sign 2 x/CM
Rw Wright sign 2x LW/RW
Cf Silva sign 1x ST
St Roofe sign 1 xCF
Am Lawrence
CF Lammers
CM Jack
Cb King (on loan)
Rid of 11 players
Sign 9 players
If only it were that simple.

We’ve been saying for years we need a big clear out. Then when we finally got one the new players were shite. Welcome to the next cycle

Wouldn't be upset if never see any of this team playing for Rangers ever again. Doesn't matter how, we just need to win the league next year.

cantwell
butland
diomande
ridvan
danilo
sterling
souttar
cortes
sima

dessers would be one of the first out the door, hes worse than fashion, another player you wouldnt put money on scoring when 1-1, yes he scored 20 goals this season, but with the easy chances he missed he should have scored more than shankland.

Move on

Tav
Borna
Davies
Lundstram
Lawrence
Matondo
Wright
Silva
Sima
Mccausland (Loan)
Roofe
Jack
Dowell
Balogun
Mclaughlin
King (Loan)
Lowry (Loan)
Your living in dreamland if you think we are going to get rid of all those players.
We have not got the budget to buy 15 new players.
The good old days have long gone unfortunately

We shouldn’t be spending £4.5m on Diomande. Hatate and o Riley cost less. We need to be spending better.
I hate this logic.

Barkas cost them 5m. The 2 new CBs they bought in the summer were a few million. Yet McCarthy was free.

The narrative that they get every transfer right is boring. They don’t. When you actually look at it they get a lot more wrong than right

Just cause they have got a couple cheaper ones right doesn’t mean that is the bar to set.

Yeah they’ve had the like of Ayer, Jota and Edouard go for money. But in the same period we’ve had Patterson, Bassey and Aribo.

Back