Playing the Euros in Belfast

Wouldn’t worry about Northern Ireland fans going to Casement Park, highly unlikely Northern Ireland are qualifying for the Euros in 2028 or any major tournament in the next decade anyway.

It can't be redeveloped enough due to local residents. Even then a 30k stadium is too big for NI matches and far far too big for Linfield. The new redevelopment is crap enough as it is without making it half empty and completely soulless.
A lesser known fact about all this charade is that there’s a significant percentage of Antrim GAA fans that don’t want to play their games at Casement either, they’re happier playing where they are in Antrim.

Casement for all but the very biggest games and you can be sure they’ll make sure they send some of them there to justify it, along with concerts, will be even more of a white elephant than any redevelopment of Windsor would have been.

A lesser known fact about all this charade is that there’s a significant percentage of Antrim GAA fans that don’t want to play their games at Casement either, they’re happier playing where they are in Antrim.

Casement for all but the very biggest games and you can be sure they’ll make sure they send some of them there to justify it, along with concerts, will be even more of a white elephant than any redevelopment of Windsor would have been.
Where do Antrim GAA play at the minute?

Where do Antrim GAA play at the minute?
Where Junction One is in Antrim, head out towards the motorway and close to the smaller roundabout with the railway bridge, they have a major place there and a lot of games get played there. They’re also at Loughgiel and there’s some place up further in West Belfast can host games too.

The idea that Antrim GAA have thousands of people ready to fill a 30k stadium is farcical. I don’t care about UEFA minimum capacities, that stadium is an absolute white elephant being built because of the appeasement to the Chukkies who have agitated for it because they know damn well the political fallout from it.

Where Junction One is in Antrim, head out towards the motorway and close to the smaller roundabout with the railway bridge, they have a major place there and a lot of games get played there. They’re also at Loughgiel and there’s some place up further in West Belfast can host games too.

The idea that Antrim GAA have thousands of people ready to fill a 30k stadium is farcical. I don’t care about UEFA minimum capacities, that stadium is an absolute white elephant being built because of the appeasement to the Chukkies who have agitated for it because they know damn well the political fallout from it.
That’s why there was so many of the cunts on Friday evening when I was heading to the airport. They just abandoned their cars everywhere down that main ballymena road and just walking in the middle of the road in pitch black.

Pity few of them didn’t get skittled

I can’t believe any Unionist’s priority here is to try to block the Northern Ireland international team from being able to play games in NI in a European championship with NI as a host nation, more than likely the only time this is ever going to happen.

Two places are reserved for teams that don’t qualify through the normal ways so there is a more than decent chance of qualification.

That stadium is getting built one way of another anyway after the Maze shared stadium proposal was rejected and Windsor upgraded instead. Having the Republic team the only team on the island playing along with Scotland, Wales and England is a far worse look for NI football. Most of the tickets will be allocated to NI fans and the nations they are drawn against how are republicans going to be able to turn it into a provofest?

The facts of the matter are that SF/IRA will have umpteen of their own men (contractors) doing the work syphoning millions out of the public purse.

I can’t believe any Unionist’s priority here is to try to block the Northern Ireland international team from being able to play games in NI in a European championship with NI as a host nation, more than likely the only time this is ever going to happen.
Well, believe it. Because even if it did happen, and it’s a long shot…. some things aren’t worth the price you pay in the long run for them. I will reiterate it again…. the IFA suits are way out of whack when it comes to the majority of NI fans wishes on this. And I object to being referred to as a bigot for objecting, which the Chukkies are in full PR gloat mode doing. The fact they’re 100% at it since the announcement should ring a few alarm bells with the ‘keep politics out of sport’ naive mob.

This should be getting pressed at parliament. Why is public money being spent on regenerating an ira hovel? There’s plenty of other stadiums in Britain that could host some matches.

Well, believe it. Because even if it did happen, and it’s a long shot…. some things aren’t worth the price you pay in the long run for them. I will reiterate it again…. the IFA suits are way out of whack when it comes to the majority of NI fans wishes on this. And I object to being referred to as a bigot for objecting, which the Chukkies are in full PR gloat mode doing. The fact they’re 100% at it since the announcement should ring a few alarm bells with the ‘keep politics out of sport’ naive mob.

So if we remove the option of NI playing in NI, what’s the alternative, play in Dublin?

So if we remove the option of NI playing in NI, what’s the alternative, play in Dublin?
You’re assuming NI are playing at all, and if they are they could easily go to a different UK based stadium. Considering the GAWA presence in France, that wouldn’t be an issue.

Croke Park is an ultimate Trojan Horse windup job and I’m actually getting incredulous that some folks don’t see it.

You’re assuming NI are playing at all, and if they are they could easily go to a different UK based stadium. Considering the GAWA presence in France, that wouldn’t be an issue.

Croke Park is an ultimate Trojan Horse windup job and I’m actually getting incredulous that some folks don’t see it.

I’m certainly hoping NI will be playing, which will upset the shinners far more than where they are playing, especially with GSTK, Ulster banners and Union Jacks all over in a stadium that is going to built in any case.

After all the parades they’ve had banned from ‘their’ areas, there’s potentially a sweet irony in thousands of NI fans marching into their patch to watch the country republicans have failed to wipe off the map represented in one of the most high profile international sporting events, on what remains British soil.

I’m certainly hoping NI will be playing, which will upset the shinners far more than where they are playing, especially with GSTK, Ulster banners and Union Jacks all over in a stadium that is going to built in any case.

After all the parades they’ve had banned from ‘their’ areas, there’s potentially a sweet irony in thousands of NI fans marching into their patch to watch the country republicans have failed to wipe off the map represented in one of the most high profile international sporting events, on what remains British soil.
90mins of a sniggering match at rubbing them up the wrong road vs a brand new stadium for them to use exclusively from there on for GAA and to prime them as the outdoor concert venue for Belfast.

What. A. Deal. Not.

90mins of a sniggering match at rubbing them up the wrong road vs a brand new stadium for them to use exclusively from there on for GAA and to prime them as the outdoor concert venue for Belfast.

What. A. Deal. Not.

It was agreed years ago this stadium would be built when the maze idea was scrapped, it’s going to be built eventually either way.

Each to their own but I’d like to see NI hosting this as an integral part of the U.K. on an equal basis with the likes of Scotland and Wales with a NI team playing in NI.

Could just as easily end up getting made to play in Dublin or the piggery getting added to the bid.

It was agreed years ago this stadium would be built when the maze idea was scrapped, it’s going to be built eventually either way.

Well, the Chukkies have played a blinder on it. They’re lording it up big time and so they actually should. Getting far more than the morons in the IFA or Ulster Rugby have ever got. Slow handclaps all round.

Well, the Chukkies have played a blinder on it. They’re lording it up big time and so they actually should. Getting far more than the morons in the IFA or Ulster Rugby have ever got. Slow handclaps all round.

Windsor should have been redeveloped with this in mind as there was plenty noises at the time about a potential UK World Cup or euros bid.

It’s too big for Linfield whether it’s 18,500 or 30,000, usual short sightedness from the IFA has led to this.

Instead they’ve charged ridiculous prices for NI games while the team was doing well when they could easily have sold many more tickets.

Corrigan Park, Whiterock Rd hosts smaller games

Wouldn’t worry about Northern Ireland fans going to Casement Park, highly unlikely Northern Ireland are qualifying for the Euros in 2028 or any major tournament in the next decade anyway.
Uefa, Westminster and Dublin are likely hoping N.I. don't qualify.
That way the stadium is built, matches take place and a normal matchday policing operation is needed around the area.
Not a chance locals and sinn fein are allowing the Union flag and anthem in the middle of Andytown!

The difference is the UK government bit. These bastards despise us and we are bankrolling a nice new stadium for them. Shameful.

I get that. But do you give them nothing and they resent you more, never wanting to be a part of NI? People need to look at the big picture, but Unionists never do.

I love my country and have followed NI since I was old enough to go to games in the mid 90s, but yes (and I never thought I’d say this) I’d far rather see NI not qualify than go and watch them in that IRA shrine

It will kill me knowing my country is playing only 40 minutes up the road from me in a major competition and I won’t be there to watch it. My principles and morals will not allow me to, and I know alot more with the same views

I get that. But do you give them nothing and they resent you more, never wanting to be a part of NI? People need to look at the big picture, but Unionists never do.
It does matter what we do they always want more and they will always resent us. Bend over and they want us to lie flat on our back.

What is it some unionists don’t understand? Nationalists DO NOT want us to exist, they want rid of the PUL community totally. Doesn’t matter what we do to appease them they do not want us or will ever accept us or our culture and existence

It does matter what we do they always want more and they will always resent us. Bend over and they want us to lie flat on our back.

What is it some unionists don’t understand? Nationalists DO NOT want us to exist, they want rid of the PUL community totally. Doesn’t matter what we do to appease them they do not want us or will ever accept us or our culture and existence

Plenty of catholics want to stay in the Union, you can alienate them more, or you can try to make them feel at home, what's so hard for you to understand about that? Casement is going ahead, it always was at some point, so you need to get over it.

There will always be those who hate us, nothing can be done about that. But there are plenty of catholics not born in republican ghetto's happy with their lot, who like gaa, might go to mass but are happy in the UK. Blocking money that was already promised to Casement would be a massive political own goal, but Unionism has been scoring them for years anyway.

If they’d have got what the IFA and Ulster Rugby got. A more realistic stadium. But oh no, They’re getting the bells and whistles one, massively oversized for what they actually need - at a pittance for what they say they’re prepared to help pay. £15m for an all singing and dancing 30k stadium? Wow, not bad.

The “most oppressed people ever” have struck another goldmine. They’re quite good at being oppressed and getting money fired at them, all at the same time. The fact it’s a two finger in the eye to the rest of us is just the icing on their cake. No doubt we haven’t heard about the cherry yet.

Plenty of catholics want to stay in the Union, you can alienate them more, or you can try to make them feel at home, what's so hard for you to understand about that? Casement is going ahead, it always was at some point, so you need to get over it.

There will always be those who hate us, nothing can be done about that. But there are plenty of catholics not born in republican ghetto's happy with their lot, who like gaa, might go to mass but are happy in the UK. Blocking money that was already promised to Casement would be a massive political own goal, but Unionism has been scoring them for years anyway.
As I said to you earlier in the thread each to their own but it doesn’t sit right with me watching my country play at the home of an IRA shrine in the middle of one of the largest Republican areas you can get.

If we get there wait and see the appeasement we give them playing the matches there, wait and see

If they’d have got what the IFA and Ulster Rugby got. A more realistic stadium. But oh no, They’re getting the bells and whistles one, massively oversized for what they actually need - at a pittance for what they say they’re prepared to help pay. £15m for an all singing and dancing 30k stadium? Wow, not bad.

The “most oppressed people ever” have struck another goldmine. They’re quite good at being oppressed and getting money fired at them, all at the same time. The fact it’s a two finger in the eye to the rest of us is just the icing on their cake. No doubt we haven’t heard about the cherry yet.
I honestly will not be surprised they will push and push for anew national anthem for NI to be played if we make it to the euros and playing there and I guarantee now that there will be some agreement the ulster flag will not be flown. Rules have been bent before to appease so don’t be surprised there will be more bending over backwards for these bastards

It is mental that the home nation would most likely be unable to play at their "home" venue.

I honestly will not be surprised they will push and push for anew national anthem for NI to be played if we make it to the euros and playing there and I guarantee now that there will be some agreement the ulster flag will not be flown. Rules have been bent before to appease so don’t be surprised there will be more bending over backwards for these bastards
You can bet your life that this is the plan.

I have stopped following or even caring about the Northern Ireland national team for a long time now. Supporters are now a carbon copy of those who follow Ulster Rugby. They will happily give up the National Anthem.

My own pettiness meant that i struggled to ever follow a team in green anyway!

Give me the upside to this. Are they all of a sudden going to love the UK. No, so fvck them and the horse the rode in on.

My money is on 2, saying that scrote Varadkar is already at it.

Btw, if you take a look at the IFA on FB it’s pretty glaringly obvious the Shinnerbots are all over it…. liking posts about the hosting and shouting down as ‘bigots’ any dissent. That’s what they do!

That’s if him and his party is still there, they’re close to be the first Irish government to be sued as the state by an advocacy group.

SF and a few other parties are hoping to use it to get an election going early.

I was in the minority of NI fans who supported the building of a new stadium at the Maze with a proper capacity (38-40,000), which could have been shared between football, rugby and GAA. Instead Windsor was refurbished with a completely inadequate capacity, which means I, and no doubt many others, haven't watched NI play live for years. I thought at the time the majority who supported the Windsor scheme were being short-sighted and lacking in ambition. And so it's proved, with a scheme with a proper stadium, but in the wrong place, which principally benefits the GAA.

I have stopped following or even caring about the Northern Ireland national team for a long time now. Supporters are now a carbon copy of those who follow Ulster Rugby. They will happily give up the National Anthem.

My own pettiness meant that i struggled to ever follow a team in green anyway!
I will always support my country mate, and some wee middle class green wig wearing prick would never push me away when I was there during the dark days of the mid 90s onwards.

However this new agreement with casement park is leaving a very sour taste in my mouth

That’s if him and his party is still there, they’re close to be the first Irish government to be sued as the state by an advocacy group.

SF and a few other parties are hoping to use it to get an election going early.
The only one that would be instead is the Chukkies and you can be your bottom Euro that those tramps will be spend spend spend, especially on that.

What you give them should be what was originally agreed. Football £61.4million, Gaelic Games £61.4million and Rugby £14.7million.
Windsor was upgraded. Ravenhill was upgraded. Casement wanted 40,000 capacity and it went into a decade of litigation and appeals, intimidation of local residents, now a reduced allocation, and a handout of more than double the original offer. Meanwhile the GAA say they originally offered to put up £15 and that offer is final.
It’s not the fault of football, rugby or the taxpayer that the GAA and Sinn Fein have fukked about for a decade.

Back