Possibly the worst example of cheating our game has ever seen on Saturday - Where’s the condemnation?

We need to calm the hysteria here ffs, there have been multiple threads on this.

There's no wild conspiracy, it's a clear foul to the filth, the ref after a slight delay clearly awards the foul, there's no penalty award, no VAR intervention etc.

We need to calm the hysteria here ffs, there have been multiple threads on this.

There's no wild conspiracy, it's a clear foul to the filth, the ref after a slight delay clearly awards the foul, there's no penalty award, no VAR intervention etc.
Dunno about clear…

Soft, absolutely

One that anyone else gets… unlikely

I fuking hate agreeing with anything that favours the filth, but that's definitely a foul on Cod chops..

Why the the hell Robertson's taken so long is rather strange though.
I have to agree with this, it was a foul.

However, it definitely is a strange one. The more I watch the whole thing, it stinks. Robertson doesn’t give the foul. He doesn’t even kind of give the foul.

The foul was against the defending team (Celtic), in their own box. He then allows play to go on for a further 5 seconds, paying zero attention to Johnston.

He allows the attacking team (Aberdeen) to have a crack at goal, chase the rebound and only when they are fouled in the penalty box, does he decide to give a foul to the defending team.

Advantage is ordinarily given, if a team who have been fouled still have the ball in an attacking position, rather than pulling the play back to give them a free kick.

On what planet does a referee give advantage to a team who have committed a foul (Aberdeen) and go as far as to let them have a crack at goal and thereafter be fouled inside the box?

He was never giving a foul against Johnston until he realised there was cause to give Aberdeen a penalty.

I'd suggest the ref McLean's shitebaggery at Pittodrie was cringeworthy in its abject cowardice to issue a second yellow to a Celtc player when they were already 0-1 down. It is still shocking and embarrassing after watching it countless times. It summed up Scottish football where refs and Celtc are concerned. There was no reason, none, for a second yellow not to be issued. McLean just shat it.

These blatant decisions is why Celtic hardly got yellow or red cards in past decade!

Surely he cannot let the attacking phase of play continue if he believes there's been a foul by the attacking team?

He's blatantly not blown until the "oh %^*& I'm going to have to give a penalty" fear kicked in

Yes, he can delay the decision until the APP concludes. Just like offside. As it concluded with a penalty claim VAR checks rhe decision he made was right or wrong. If there had been no contact on Johnstone he would have been asked to review it and then he would have given a penalty.

If he just blows for what he thinks is a foul and it turns out there was no contact and he's mistaken, then Aberdeen lose out on a potential goal / penalty.

The foul is exceptionally soft. They get a lot of soft decisions in their favour that gets them put of trouble.

Even Michael Stewart said that's a stone wall penalty , and taking into consideration the challenge on Plug which was never a foul in a million years.( I think the tims class it as a coming together when it's a Rangers player involved ) .Plug has previous for this but they'll never highlight it.
Notice the usual suspects Sutton and Hartson clamped jaws shut.....wonder why..?

Last edited:
They had a get out card with Johnstone’s theatrics. If there’s the merest whiff of something, anything they can use in the Beggars’ favour, they appear absolutely dutybound to do so.

Funnily enough, that entire incident has been airbrushed out of the Premier Sports highlights on YouTube.
I watched it tonight H, it is there, Fanta baws called it right - "that's astonishing "

They had a 3 game run in February, Aberdeen, Hibs and Killie, when only due to cheating refs they received 5 points from 9. The decisions they received so they didn't lose any of the 3 games were scandalous.
Silva was labelled a diver by them yet they could not produce any diving in our game with them because not once did he dive! Rolling about like a baby was not diving by any of the imagination but the scums!

As pointed out the only diving was done by Scales (2), Taylor (1), Johnson (1) and they were all exactly same rehearsed drop on the ball dives if you are put under pressure by opposing players in a high press! Not one booking, not one of them were a foul yet they received 4-4 fouls that were not fouls but match officials bailed them out of danger!

One of their Japanese subs tried a dive too!

The entire period from the filths defeat to Hearts upto our defeat to Ross County was dominated by daily moonhowling about “cheating” refereeing decisions, 99% of which was completely unjustified.

Well on Saturday we seen the worst case of refereeing corruption that I think most of us have ever seen in Scottish football. In the last minute of extra time, a referee consciously gave a decision he knew wasn’t correct because he knew the alternative would potentially cost the team he supported a place in a cup final. The incident looks even worse the more you see it.

There is absolutely no reasonable justification for what Don Robertson done on Saturday. It’s not incompetence. It’s not a mistake. He simply knew he was going to have to award a penalty to Aberdeen in the dying stages for a blatant foul and instead opted to award a phantom foul against Aberdeen for a filth player throwing himself to the ground several seconds before that cheating Don didn’t even acknowledge in real time.

Where are all these bastions of sporting integrity and level playing fields now when it comes to refereeing decisions? If they really all cared about transparency and impartiality then they’d be all over this obvious example of corruption.
Without trying to hijack this topic, another phantom foul caused a crucial aberdeen goal to be chopped off at Parkhead in the last few games of 2008 by ref brines.

Don Robertson is a cheating scumbag bastard

Doesn’t blow for a foul on Johnston until after CCV fouls the Sheep player for a penalty

Disgrace for this rhat bastard

As usual the compliant mhedia do and say fcuk all as the scum benefited from a corrupt decision

Robertson is a cuunt
The telling point for me.
Although I accept they may have a get out with the Dessers rule.

A couple of things in that.

Was the free kick given for the challenge in the air?

Why wasn’t the ref told to review it? Rather than just turning the decision over?
Did the ref not review it? That's a breach of protocol. VAR can't referee the game. They can only advise for the ref to have a look. The only time they can pass a decision is if the ball goes out of play or offside.

see if that sheep non pen was against us, the media would be having a field day, but not a peep, not unexpected I know, and I'm on the all our refs are shite more than anything else camp

Don't forget the campaign on 2015 when the compliance officer Tony McGleglan (I think the spelling right) gave Josh Meekings - a young lad - a one game suspension for the Scottish Cup Final based on a supposed handball that neither the ref, or the two refs behind the goal or the linesman gave on the day.

Just imagine wrecking a young player's dream of playing in a cup final to make a point- they are pure filth and are aided and abetted by the Scottish fitba establishment.

Celtic lap up that their supporters be it anon crowd threatening refs with physical violence or their pundits, media and tabloids supporters doing everything to project or pressurise with their bias propaganda to help their team throwing this honesty and integrity under the carpet within their platform of influence!

Look at Old Wrinkle Dick whose head went missing when Ange Postapotofglue was here now he is protecting High Heels when he knows full well he broke the rules with his comments!

On top of that seeing Var isn't giving his beloved team the decisions that advantages his team he now supports them to get rid of VAR and go back to match officials 100% insurance help in games!

Their club, fan, pundits, media, tabloid, Sfa infiltrators and bias referees are a cancer on our national game that has brought truth, honesty and gamesmanship into a new definition and all led by them into becoming and surpassing a lower level of backwater football of the World sinking to the lowest form of gutter football level! They have destroyed our league and the integrity they say they were protecting!

A couple of things in that.

Was the free kick given for the challenge in the air?

Why wasn’t the ref told to review it? Rather than just turning the decision over?
I believe the story they are trying to give,at this moment of time,is that the referee thought it might be a freekick. There is a rule that he can delay the decision but only on a clear goal scoring opportunity so that is what he did. He let the play continue because apparently it was a clear goal scoring opportunity and when it resulted in a penalty he went back to VAR to ask for a check on the freekick, which they upheld.

They had a get out card with Johnstone’s theatrics. If there’s the merest whiff of something, anything they can use in the Beggars’ favour, they appear absolutely dutybound to do so.

Funnily enough, that entire incident has been airbrushed out of the Premier Sports highlights on YouTube.
I’ve throughly hated that mob for around 40 years, but I struggle to think of one of the mutants that I have ever disliked as much as I despise that Johnston. Everything about him just fits their mould. It’s quite the achievement as well considering some of the absolute pond life that have pulled those hoops on over the years.

This was right out of the Clancy playbook very similar to Alfie’s disallowed goal at the piggery April 2023.
Ironically involving that cheating bassa Johnston as well.

Only that time the rat blew the whistle straight away to not even allow VAR the chance to look at it.

Never a foul in a million years. The bug eyed creature Johnson has mastered the theatrics.

I'd suggest the ref McLean's shitebaggery at Pittodrie was cringeworthy in its abject cowardice to issue a second yellow to a Celtc player when they were already 0-1 down. It is still shocking and embarrassing after watching it countless times. It summed up Scottish football where refs and Celtc are concerned. There was no reason, none, for a second yellow not to be issued. McLean just shat it.

he didnt shit it, he cheated.

It was 3-2 to Celtic at the time and 8 minutes of the game left, so the OP is full of nonsense.

It's also been covered numerous times that the VAR protocol followed was correct. He never awarded a penalty. He awarded a free kick, clearly. He let the attacking phase of play conclude and then they could review if his decision was correct.

Whether it was a foul or not is a different matter, but VAR use was fine.

Think about what you are saying here. In your world, every single attack would be allowed to play our before any foul on the defending team was called because it could lead to a goal or a penalty. It's a nonsense.

This is getting tiresome now in all honesty. Maybe we just need to be a little more like that ourselves, seeing as though it clearly works?

There haven’t been any real utterances in the media about the refs performance; maybe we’re starting to take over their paranoid mantle.

Was that not, ironically, Zander Diamond, that scored that day, but was ruled out. ?
Yes it was. I know this cos my friend and I were taken to the piggery that day for corporate hospitality. We sat on our hands the full game then when Diamond scored pretty much at the death we both jumped up and cheered. Didn't go down well as you can imagine and we were left looking like a couple of plums when Brines incorrectly chopped it off.

Think about what you are saying here. In your world, every single attack would be allowed to play our before any foul on the defending team was called because it could lead to a goal or a penalty. It's a nonsense.

What I'm saying is technically correct. Not in "my world" or "a nonsense".

A clear foul?

Get yourself to %^*&.

It's a ploy the filth use and get away with.

There was absolutely nothing with the Aberdeen player and plug going for that ball. No clash of heads. no elbows or arms used. Nothing. Plug knew what he was doing and the filth get away with the prize yet agin from corrupt officials.

A clear foul? I've read it all now on here and that's saying something.

A clear foul?

Get yourself to %^*&.

It's a ploy the filth use and get away with.

There was absolutely nothing with the Aberdeen player and plug going for that ball. No clash of heads. no elbows or arms used. Nothing. Plug knew what he was doing and the filth get away with the prize yet agin from corrupt officials.

A clear foul? I've read it all now on here and that's saying something.
Ffs Gub it's a foul, he's literally barged into him.

If it happens involving us we are screaming for a foul.

It’s takes a brave ref to give anything against the scum these days but they are all intimidated/shit3bags or corrupt.

I don't think it's a free kick but pause it at 13, he definitely gives the free kick. I'm not sure why there was so much confusion at the time.

Ffs Gub it's a foul, he's literally barged into him.

If it happens involving us we are screaming for a foul.

Regardless if you think it’s a foul, Don Robertson clearly didn’t think so in real time as he completely blanked the incident and allowed play to continue.

Why do you think he has allowed another passage of play to continue up until the point where a penalty incident occurs before he decides to even acknowledge Johnston on the deck? Because there wasn’t an advantage to the filth. And it certainly wasn’t just a delayed reaction from the ref.

If Carter Vickers puts that ball out for a throw in rather than foul the sheep player he would have gave the sheep a throw in for sure.

The entire period from the filths defeat to Hearts upto our defeat to Ross County was dominated by daily moonhowling about “cheating” refereeing decisions, 99% of which was completely unjustified.

Well on Saturday we seen the worst case of refereeing corruption that I think most of us have ever seen in Scottish football. In the last minute of extra time, a referee consciously gave a decision he knew wasn’t correct because he knew the alternative would potentially cost the team he supported a place in a cup final. The incident looks even worse the more you see it.

There is absolutely no reasonable justification for what Don Robertson done on Saturday. It’s not incompetence. It’s not a mistake. He simply knew he was going to have to award a penalty to Aberdeen in the dying stages for a blatant foul and instead opted to award a phantom foul against Aberdeen for a filth player throwing himself to the ground several seconds before that cheating Don didn’t even acknowledge in real time.

Where are all these bastions of sporting integrity and level playing fields now when it comes to refereeing decisions? If they really all cared about transparency and impartiality then they’d be all over this obvious example of corruption.
Still to hear anything from Aberdeen!
Are they happy with the situation?
Because if it was us we would be hearing about it up to the cup final.

Robertson was the ref at Dens Park last Wednesday. Did nobody see the blatant two-handed push in the back on Sima when he burst forward from midfield and was through on goal. That was a stonewall penalty and red card for the left-back.
I’m sure the phrase in commentary was “he just does enough to put Sima off”

Regardless if you think it’s a foul, Don Robertson clearly didn’t think so in real time as he completely blanked the incident and allowed play to continue.

Why do you think he has allowed another passage of play to continue up until the point where a penalty incident occurs before he decides to even acknowledge Johnston on the deck? Because there wasn’t an advantage to the filth. And it certainly wasn’t just a delayed reaction from the ref.

If Carter Vickers puts that ball out for a throw in rather than foul the sheep player he would have gave the sheep a throw in for sure.
Robertson literally gave the foul?

The thing is Aberdeen don't give a %^*&. It wasn't against us.
Exactly this.

Like most other Rangers fans, I'm sick to death of the absolutely blatant cheating (or if you prefer "selective incompetence") of our match officials in games like that.

I'd love our own Club to be just a bit more voluble when it directly affects us.

But this is an instance of it ALL being in Aberdeen's hands.
They could really really go to town on this, because as has been pointed out, that 7 second delay to blow for a "foul" against a CFC defender is a clear and obvious method of denying Aberdeen a penalty.

But if Aberdeen don't want to make a fuss of it (as jorg points out, because it wasn't against us) then we've got a supposedly "big" club in Scotland equally happy with the refereeing, and equally complicit in the pro-CFC officiating.

What future is there for our domestic game when the bias is so pronounced, and yet nobody really wants to make any noise about it ??
Except in any game that we happen to win, where there's always at least one "incident" that is "controversial".

Back