Postecoglou at Spurs

Nobody's Heroes was a great album.;)
It is.

And Gold Against The Soul is massively underrated imo.
Both classics imo
The production of Nobody’s Heroes is immense
Tight as fk
As for the Manics gold against the soul was the3rd album but still class
I was at their 1st ever Scottish gig at king tuts
Recorded it masel, god knows what it sound like

Both classics imo
The production of Nobody’s Heroes is immense
Tight as fk
As for the Manics gold against the soul was the3rd album but still class
I was at their 1st ever Scottish gig at king tuts
Recorded it masel, god knows what it sound like
Which one have I missed out? Is it some obscure one?

Didn’t fancy him when he went to them but played a system in our league which worked and reaped the benefits unfortunately.

When he went Tots I still thought he would fail , but he’s done alright and had a great start. He’s a good manager and will be there next season.

Teams are aware now of the system so we can see how it goes now. A job on his hands so will be properly tested.

He’s a great starer of floors I would ask him what he’s looking at, get the eyes up here. Ignoramis

Postecoglu came here, was slagged for being fat and Australian, then he won 2 league titles and a treble in the 2 seasons he was here.

Now the majority of folk on this thread are saying he's being found out because he's "only" took Spurs from 8th to 5th this season.

I love Rangers but I don't let it completely blind me to the obvious. He's clearly not as bad a manger as some folk are trying desperately to make out. Just makes for weird reading. Why does anybody care?
“I love Rangers” randomly thrown in there haha

It’s the same thing when teams come up from the EFL championship, sometimes the style of play confuses the top teams in the first match in the first half of the EPL season and they do quite well.
By the time the second match comes around, they have been well and truly sussed out.
The same has happened with Fatso this season.
His style caught teams out first time round and because Spurs have so many good players, they were able to execute it effectively.
But teams in the top division can always work out a way of beating a particular style once they know what they’re up against.

There was a thread when he first went down there

said he would fail

enough said and enough seen to say i was not wrong.

Paul Coyte (Spurs fan) on GB News this morning not too happy by being gubbed by Chelsea who had 14 out injured. Said the fat Aussie did not suffer fools. He told the story of doing an in-house interview with him. As it started, Coyte's phone started playing music and he discretely tried to switch it off but made it louder. The fat Aussie told him he needed to switch his phone off. Killed the atmosphere dead. Don't think Coyte is a fan.
Gone by Christmas.

Didn’t fancy him when he went to them but played a system in our league which worked and reaped the benefits unfortunately.

When he went Tots I still thought he would fail , but he’s done alright and had a great start. He’s a good manager and will be there next season.

Teams are aware now of the system so we can see how it goes now. A job on his hands so will be properly tested.

He’s a great starer of floors I would ask him what he’s looking at, get the eyes up here. Ignoramis

Ohhh no no he was the exact same here.

He never stared a camera in the eye when he was getting humped but the minute he turned it round he was more than happy to do so.

He was the same while his holiday period down there was going well. He had no issue when he was the PL darling and getting results. But hes back to looking for his toes over his belly because its not so rosey now.

Who would have thought that his school playground, gung ho, all out attack approach would be countered by teams with a bit of quality

It's nauseating how people treat him as some sort of genius. If all out attack worked, every team would be doing it for the last 150 years

He was lucky at Celtic that Gerrard left and Gio had to contend with a lengthy European run. Not to mention the scandalous decision to bring forward the winter break

Last season we had to contend with the worst injury list I can ever remember having

So for all the positives around his management, he has defo rode his luck

Spurs have had plenty money to spend with or without Kane. They strengthened other areas with Maddison and Johnson and in defence with Van de Ven. He would have you believe that he's had to scrape a team together. No European football as a distraction either

He's taken them no further than they were before and is lucky that Man Utd and Chelsea are basket cases at the moment

He will be sacked next season for sure. Pressure is starting to tell on the prick, how dare anyone question him?

who was it they were playing in the early part of the season when they had (I think) a man sent off and were getting scudded but still spent the rest of the game holding their defensive line on the halfway line?

Absolutely absurd and hilarious in equal measures
Chelsea

I really don't know where some of our punters get the deep down hate for the guy. Did a job and moved onto a better one and didn't pander to the Greatest Club In The World shite.
No mate - he was arrogant and rude and he treated everyone and everything in Scotland including us with contempt.

His mawkish patter was swallowed hook line and sinker by the parochial media and celtic support.

He's a bluffer that is now getting found out for the walter mitty that he is - what's criminal is we let him away with it

Last edited:
It could actually be he hasn't got the players/squad to last a season playing the intense way he demands.

Probably not though and he's been found out.

Postecoglu came here, was slagged for being fat and Australian, then he won 2 league titles and a treble in the 2 seasons he was here.

Now the majority of folk on this thread are saying he's being found out because he's "only" took Spurs from 8th to 5th this season.

I love Rangers but I don't let it completely blind me to the obvious. He's clearly not as bad a manger as some folk are trying desperately to make out. Just makes for weird reading. Why does anybody care?
No.

Look at his interviews.

Had enough of them for 2 years.

He's been found out

End of

Last edited:

People trying to take small victories. We can't laugh at him

He will likely get sacked early enough next season, but he has still done better than I expected him to. I thought he'd be gone before Christmas

The Chelsea results are shocking especially the first game, the boy I know I only see once a year and I said to him I'll see him this summer and I'll bet he doesn't think Ange is the great he thought he was getting.

It annoys me how much we let him away with it up here and gave him an easy run, Gerrard would have got him sacked if he stayed that season.
What manager has Gerrard ever got sacked.
Alex Dyer, Neic Lennon ;-)
Says it all.

Who would have thought that his school playground, gung ho, all out attack approach would be countered by teams with a bit of quality

It's nauseating how people treat him as some sort of genius. If all out attack worked, every team would be doing it for the last 150 years

He was lucky at Celtic that Gerrard left and Gio had to contend with a lengthy European run. Not to mention the scandalous decision to bring forward the winter break

Last season we had to contend with the worst injury list I can ever remember having

So for all the positives around his management, he has defo rode his luck

Spurs have had plenty money to spend with or without Kane. They strengthened other areas with Maddison and Johnson and in defence with Van de Ven. He would have you believe that he's had to scrape a team together. No European football as a distraction either

He's taken them no further than they were before and is lucky that Man Utd and Chelsea are basket cases at the moment

He will be sacked next season for sure. Pressure is starting to tell on the prick, how dare anyone question him?
I think it’s overlooked just how much that moving of the winter break had an effect.

They were dead on their feet. By the time they played us they had injured players back, reinforcements in and a full stadium.

But everyone is out to get THEM.

Glad he's not still with them to be honest. I think he's a very good manager who sets his sides out to play good football, looks like Spurs have burned out near the finishing line. A fat prick all the same. Will probably be top four next season

The hype is over and I only see it getting worse from here, hes lucky it's close to.the end of the season but I see him gone before Christmas.

How long have we been saying that Man Utd will be better… they are a glorified conference league team at this point. I reckon next season spurs will finish 4th, Villa or Newcastle 5th.
I reckon Spurs will be really lucky to get top 4 next season. I think most managers in the league have already worked out how best to exploit Postecoglu’s system and he’ll be lucky to last the season. I think the way he plays was perfect for the SPL and having a squad that was better than the rest, but I think he’s never getting away with that in the EPL and he’s just too stubborn and naive to be a genuine success in the Premier League. You need to show a bit of pragmatism.

He signed perfect players for the SPL and the combination of our players wanting Gio out and Beale meant he had zero pressure.

He does have an effective style but it's not sustainable against any real level of competition.

The reference to Bielsa is wild. The guy is a legend at Leeds, his face is on walls all around the city. Like calling Walter a “one trick pony”.

Can Spurs not just get the authories to change the league rules to suit them and their own fans to officiate their games? That seems to help big Ange's style of football massively.

Get his weight and association with Celtic into any nickname, just for extra staunch points.

I'm just trying to imagine a scenario, whereby on any filth forum they'd refer to our manager as big Phil? I'm coming up blank. Do you get extra points for staunch vomit?

Never liked the guy & not even due to him managing them - he comes across as a total narcissist & extremely insincere

I worry for the type of folk that fall under the spell of people like Ange. He’s a fraud. Everything is for the cameras & his own self image. Its all a stage managed production.

The irony is he’s even more of a narcissist than Rodgers who makes no apologies for how much of a throbber he is. Ange is more calculating & deceptive. A total creep & I hope he gets ditched soon because he’s a black cloud over Spurs who deserve better

Back