Postecoglou at Spurs

Never liked the guy & not even due to him managing them - he comes across as a total narcissist & extremely insincere

I worry for the type of folk that fall under the spell of people like Ange. He’s a fraud. Everything is for the cameras & his own self image. Its all a stage managed production.

The irony is he’s even more of a narcissist than Rodgers who makes no apologies for how much of a throbber he is. Ange is more calculating & deceptive. A total creep & I hope he gets ditched soon because he’s a black cloud over Spurs who deserve better

Not that I could care less, but I've never seen anyone who doesn't look his interviewer in the eye.

You can't play a single style of football in that type of league.
In the modern day a character style manager is going to go out of trend very quickly.

He won't change, he will be successful in a league where you don't really need to adapt-it will be a miracle if he's a success at Spurs.

I know this. But he turns the mate stuff on and off. When he gives other interviews he hardly says it - yet in pressers it’s mate this and mate that. It’s bullshit. He thinks it’s a thing and makes him endearing. It doesn’t he’s a fat twat
It's not that unusual for Australians to use mate in discussions where they are taking to people they don't know very well (like an interview with the media). It's part of the Aussie vocabulary and there's nothing I've seen from Ange that you don't see in interviews with Australian sports managers every single week. It's not an act.

He’s made himself a multi millionaire by making maximum use of his limited talents.

I’d say job well done and even if he gets hosed by Spurs he will leave with a kings ransom and onto his next big pay day.

We partly fuelled his upward spiral by failing to come to terms with his point and squirt style of football.

He signed perfect players for the SPL and the combination of our players wanting Gio out and Beale meant he had zero pressure.

He does have an effective style but it's not sustainable against any real level of competition.
Think that’s one of the things. He got very good value out of the Japanese market and a few of them happened to be better than the usual shite that can be signed in Scotland. He doesn’t have that advantage in England because those players aren’t good enough

Spurs started well, unbeaten in the first 10. Just had a look to refresh my memory. Struggled to beat Luton 1-0 , two late goals to beat Sheffield Utd at home, beat Burnley. 3 relegation teams. Beat Man U second game in when they were dross and Liverpool thanks to the worst VAR of the season. Lost to Chelsea first game of November, when they went gung ho with 9 men
Drop off from then has been brutal
26 points from 10 games
34 from the next 24 games

Spurs started well, unbeaten in the first 10. Just had a look to refresh my memory. Struggled to beat Luton 1-0 , two late goals to beat Sheffield Utd at home, beat Burnley. 3 relegation teams. Beat Man U second game in when they were dross and Liverpool thanks to the worst VAR of the season. Lost to Chelsea first game of November, when they went gung ho with 9 men
Drop off from then has been brutal
26 points from 10 games
34 from the next 24 games
They showed a table on Sky Sports the other day from that Chelsea game back in November and Spurs were in 10th over those games. If they continue that form he will get sacked after a few months next season as they will be wanting top 4 or at least close to it.

Warburton on the bigger budget imo.

Wouldn't have seen the season out at Celtic had Gerrard stayed but that's all hypothetical.

He'll be gone by October. The early impact at spurs has worn off and, without a full changeover on the squad, they won't pick up tools for him next season.

Be interesting to see how he gets on next season with his own players and pre-season. He definitely needs a proper striker. I will admit that I do enjoy ‘angeball’

Never liked the guy & not even due to him managing them - he comes across as a total narcissist & extremely insincere

I worry for the type of folk that fall under the spell of people like Ange. He’s a fraud. Everything is for the cameras & his own self image. Its all a stage managed production.

The irony is he’s even more of a narcissist than Rodgers who makes no apologies for how much of a throbber he is. Ange is more calculating & deceptive. A total creep & I hope he gets ditched soon because he’s a black cloud over Spurs who deserve better
Totally agree. Saw a couple of interviews with him when things were unravelling for him as Aussie boss. What a throbber. He's had the media on strings this season, with his 'mate' chat, cracking jokes and always good for a headline. Starting to unravel now though and when the tide really turns next season, it'll be a sight to behold.

Be interesting to see how he gets on next season with his own players and pre-season. He definitely needs a proper striker. I will admit that I do enjoy ‘angeball’

The back 5 picks itself at the moment and that new CB they signed from Italy looks rotten.

Midfield is quite weak with a load of average players, they need a Rodri type to protect the back 4 and cover when they pour forward.

Definitely need a striker who can finish, relying on Son and Richarlison wont get you top 4.

Rangers fans getting touchy over an ex filth manager getting slagged is definitely just a little bit odd.

The same odious oaf who when asked about the tramps' disrupting a milence silence on Remembrance Day said "they have legtimate reasons" and was smirking when they pulled their racist stunt during the silence for the late Her Majesty at St Mirren.

He's a horrible bigoted oaf and I'm enjoying his downfall and if it upsets his little fanclub then all the better.

Rangers fans getting touchy over an ex filth manager getting slagged is definitely just a little bit odd.

Never really understood the free pass he gets from some fans. Postecoglou may have been normal enough in the beginning but toed the party line and treated Rangers with utter disdain by the end. He hated us.

Is this a sarcastic post going over my head.

He joined them in June and brought in ~ 11 players

He wasn't joining some team with no budget and mid season.

Never really understood the free pass he gets from some fans. Postecoglou may have been normal enough in the beginning but toed the party line and treated Rangers with utter disdain by the end. He hated us.
And that's exactly the way it should be. I wish our players and managers (Gerrard excepted) would follow suit.

Back