Postecoglu

Genuinely seems to me he’s looking to get out and keep his reputation intact

Started like a house on fire with the ability of surprise down there, there’s an argument to say he’s been badly found out second part of season with rumblings from fans that he is a bit of a one trick pony

Last nights comments suggest a load of unhappiness from the floor staring weirdo

Wish him nothing but failure moving forward

Problem for him is that “Ange ball” only works if you’re playing against teams with significantly inferior players.

It was a good approach in Scotland due to the gap between celtic and the rest of the league (except ourselves) in terms of resources.

It would only, maybe, work for city in England. And their approach is much more likely to get them consistency than his would.

I find it difficult to laugh at a guy who won 5 trophies out of 6 up here and turned the tide back round because he's only finished 5th in the EPL.

He's a good manager who has done well in his career.
I agree with you.

I was not a fan of his passive-aggressive responses in some interviews and generally despised him the way I do any manager of the 19th Century Terrorists, but it’s clear he has a determination to win. He is tactically quite one-dimensional but I think he is a good motivator and with the right players his setup would work more often than not.

Something else seems to be going on behind the scenes from what’s been said and I’d be surprised to see him in place this time next year.

Finally being found out for the mumbling stuttering arrogant prick he really is.

His interview last night with the lassie in Sky at the end was honking, you could see with his smarmy face that he didn’t like the line of questioning and looked like he was going to combust.

I don’t mind Spurs, well didn’t until that grunt went there, but I’m glad to see him being hounded now if I’m honest.

Especially when they could have sneaked into the top 4 with 2 wins in their next 2. Tinpot tourist league.
Yeah, could almost understand if there was zero chance of making it.

To give them their due, I thought they were decent last night although failed to take the big chances. Man City were just doing Man City things.

Finally being found out for the mumbling stuttering arrogant prick he really is.

His interview last night with the lassie in Sky at the end was honking, you could see with his smarmy face that he didn’t like the line of questioning and looked like he was going to combust.

I don’t mind Spurs, well didn’t until that grunt went there, but I’m glad to see him being hounded now if I’m honest.
The girls line of questioning was as dumb as it gets to be fair. I'd have been the same. Still funny mind you.

Not seen the interview, but anyone associated with that vile club, past, present and future, deserves nothing but failure. F#@k him.

Spurs fans cheering Man City scoring a goal in their own stadium is beyond weird . I get they don't want Arsenal to win the league but I could never cheer another teams goal in Ibrox . The Spurs fans are turning on him for wanting to win.

Watched his interview after their defeat by citeh!
That man doesn’t look well, nor was he coherent in his analysis of his team’s performance.
He had his zenith up the piggery - but now I only see a broken man with no answers .
They can appoint any manager in the planet, if we keep shitting the bed, they’ll rack up the gongs!

He's spot on about modern day Spurs and some of their fans. Imagine publicly whining and pleading for your team to throw a game to help a team on the verge of even more ffp investigations. It's all worked out for them though ... no CL football. If they were that bothered about Arsenal they had their chance to take points off them themselves and they didn't.

What a bizarre situation for Spurs.

It's one thing to accept losing the game would have a positive aspect as far as stopping Arsenal winning the league but it would surely only be a consolation after your own objectives were no longer a possibility. I think if I was ever in that unlikely conflicted position I just wouldn't go to the game.

Cheering your own team losing a goal is beyond tin pot, especially in your own stadium as well. At best it's the type of thing you would just laugh about in your work the next day with Arsenal fans to wind them up but how can you go to a game and cheer against your own team?

That man doesn’t look well, nor was he coherent in his analysis of his team’s performance.
He had his zenith up the piggery - but now I only see a broken man with no answers .
If we didn’t drop stupid points at hearts and Motherwell the pressure would have gotten to him and he’d have broke before he got going.

We made him look great

He’ll struggle next year as I don’t think they’ll get any better.

That’s not bitterness - just think he is quite one dimensional and has limitations at that level.
The way they set up against city yesterday was actually the most compact they've been, Son takes his one on one chance and it's a different game.

It's funny to see Anges charm offensive come to an end and he's back to being cantankerous and rude to journos.

But it must be a bit of a shock for him to have been at a club that needs to win every single game to now be at Spurs where their fans are jeering Arsenal whilst failing to make CL

It shows you how hard it is to please in England and how fickle the fans are. He's improved their league position from last after losing arguably their best ever player. Pretty much every player he has signed has been a success and he's only had two transfer windows and Danile Levvy is notoriously tight with money

I think that Spurs are so desperate to win a trophy any manager is up against it if they don't win something their first season

I think their fans forget they have won pretty much nothing their whole history, they are incredibly entitled. Forrest have won two European Cups and Aston Villa have won one. You don't see them bitching the way Spurs fans do
Forest, their name is Nottingham Forest. Not "Forrest.

saw SSN running a story when i got home last night of "foundations are fragile" at Spurs
utter basket case of a club

their fans are pathetic too
aside from their utter dirge songs
win last night and its down to the last day for CL football - them at 100+ goals lost Sheff Utd, Villa away at resurgent Palace

to actively want your team to lose so it doesn't help your "rivals" when losing means you miss out on CL prestige, money & drawing better players in

there is a scenario where:

Newcastle win tonight & sunday
Chelsea win tonight & sunday
Spurs lose

down to 8th place which would mean no Europe if i read it right

I agree. He got lucky up here with Gerrard jumping ship and us then falling apart in the league.
As much as I’d like to pretend that was true it’s simply not. He did well up here
,they were an absolute bombscare when he took over and he turned it round very quickly and recruited very well, as much as it pains me he did a brilliant job.

Discussion on Talksport this morning was spot on - The managers above and around him have been operating at a higher level than Postecoglu has ever been up against.

His single track tactics simply won't cut it against these guys.

What he said was correct

Tin pot fans wanting to lose

They had three managers last season and, despite starting this season on fire, they’re only 3 points ahead with a game to go

He's up against top clubs and mainly top managers in the top half of the EPL, and his high tempo pressing game with inferior players to many of the better teams just means inevitable defeat.
If they qualify for the Europa League, and he has the same approach and the same standard of player, they will score a few in the group stage then get found out in the later stages. If he is still manager by then.

I wish him nothing but failure, we've just watched his team beat us to the title again even though he's not their manager. Rodgers only won it because the previous guy's signings got fit and available again when it mattered.

Discussion on Talksport this morning was spot on - The managers above and around him have been operating at a higher level than Postecoglu has ever been up against.

His single track tactics simply won't cut it against these guys.
Many of us have said this over and over again.

Managers who want to play one and only one type of gung-ho, attacking football all the time with no plan B can only achieve it and succeed if they genuinely have the best resources and talent in the competition.

He had that at Celtic domestically, he didn't in Europe and got shown up time and again.
He doesn't have it at Tottenham and as soon as his opponents saw what he was about, they nullified it and stopped it.

If he wants to win things there, he needs Levy to throw money at him and his squad, which he doesn't seem the type to do to try and compete with the clubs above him.

His interview last night sounded like he has realised he's not going to get his way and rather than being good enough to make something of what he's got by adapting his play, he's just going in a huff.

Must be a nightmare for someone who has come from a club like Celtic, much like ourselves want to win everything, to a team where mediocrity is accepted. Many managers before him have tried to changed the mentality and failed, I can't see him doing any better.

The perfect sum up of Spurs was when Son was through on goal, had to score and doing so could have changed the flow of the game, instead he fluffs it and City go up the other end, get a penalty and end the game pretty comfortably.

Many of us have said this over and over again.

Managers who want to play one and only one type of gung-ho, attacking football all the time with no plan B can only achieve it and succeed if they genuinely have the best resources and talent in the competition.

He had that at Celtic domestically, he didn't in Europe and got shown up time and again.
He doesn't have it at Tottenham and as soon as his opponents saw what he was about, they nullified it and stopped it.

If he wants to win things there, he needs Levy to throw money at him and his squad, which he doesn't seem the type to do to try and compete with the clubs above him.

His interview last night sounded like he has realised he's not going to get his way and rather than being good enough to make something of what he's got by adapting his play, he's just going in a huff.
Spot on - I'd go a step further and say he struggle to manage big money signings. They'd run rings round him.

How the fat clown does next year depends how much he gets to spend.

Be harder to recruit top players without champions league football but one thing he does recruit is athletes

Hilarious banter? Its sad as phuck.
Hope they miss out on Europe completely and Arsenal win the league anyway
Spurs fans are all that's wrong with football

Tragic isn’t it. Total alien mindset. Why wouldn’t you want your club to quality for the Champions League and progress. Could mean attracting better players and acting as a springboard for future success.

The very definition of cutting your nose to spite your face.

How the fat clown does next year depends how much he gets to spend.

Be harder to recruit top players without champions league football but one thing he does recruit is athletes
Which is why I can’t get my head around the Spurs fans attitude to the game. If they were mid table then fair enough but they still had an outside chance of CL football and instead they are celebrating their own team missing out and doing the Poznan in the ground and singing are you watching Arsenal?

Be some laugh if Arsenal still end up winning it.

Don’t know if it’s been mentioned but the fat prick didn’t mind chucking a 3rd tier Euro tie v Bobo Gimp.

Which is why I can’t get my head around the Spurs fans attitude to the game. If they were mid table then fair enough but they still had an outside chance of CL football and instead they are celebrating their own team missing out and doing the Poznan in the ground and singing are you watching Arsenal?

Be some laugh if Arsenal still end up winning it.

a perfect sunday would be

Citeh draw
Arsenal win and pummel Everton
Spuds lose
Chelsea win tonight and sunday
Newcastle win tonight and sunday

saw SSN running a story when i got home last night of "foundations are fragile" at Spurs
utter basket case of a club

their fans are pathetic too
aside from their utter dirge songs
win last night and its down to the last day for CL football - them at 100+ goals lost Sheff Utd, Villa away at resurgent Palace

to actively want your team to lose so it doesn't help your "rivals" when losing means you miss out on CL prestige, money & drawing better players in

there is a scenario where:

Newcastle win tonight & sunday
Chelsea win tonight & sunday
Spurs lose

down to 8th place which would mean no Europe if i read it right
Every Spurs manager ends up eventually doing a variation of the "Lads, it's Tottenham" speech. Conte's was probably the best.

I watched his interview - there was a lot in there.

I presume the internal/external weakness was to do with people inside or around the club wanting City to win to damage Arsenal.. I’ve got a lot of sympathy for the manager there - do they really want him to go out intending to lose a match?

His tone, the mumbling, the look of utter contempt in his eyes… all very familiar when it doesn’t go his way.

Seen a tweet saying Everton have won more points than spurs since November and they went 4 months without winning a game.

Angeball tho

Back