Pre season friendlies

Like the Union Bears, i can't be arsed with the Murrayfield one, but hoping for a trip to England. I reckon there must be a fair chance of that, particularly with nothing at Ibrox.

Tracking Florida. They did one in the Carolinas a couple of years ago I think. Murrayfield is superb day out for the Rugby. I just don't think it's suited for football. Big park to fill for a friendly.

The Manchester United game probably hasn't helped on a scheduling wise

League starts on w/e of 3rd August

Gigg Lane to play on Burys new plastic pitch would be great prep for next season

Last edited:
The Utd game at murrayfield is just a tourist trap, an expensive one at that and not even any mygers points for it.
Why would any mygers points be on offer? It’s not us that’s hosting the game. Do you think we’ll get mygers points for any other away friendlies? Not a chance.

I’m going to the United friendly with my Father, but hope some friendlies down here in England get arranged, would love a game against a team like Norwich (not far away from me) or West Ham (cracking away day)

Why would any mygers points be on offer? It’s not us that’s hosting the game. Do you think we’ll get mygers points for any other away friendlies? Not a chance.

You mean apart from the points we got for Blackpool & Hoffenheim for example?

I'm not fussed who we play as long as the team have plenty of games to get themselves up to speed

I would also like a few games against cannon fodder before our first real game

Have glamour games in the middle of the pre season schedule

Last summers programme was terrible

I’m going to the United friendly with my Father, but hope some friendlies down here in England get arranged, would love a game against a team like Norwich (not far away from me) or West Ham (cracking away day)
There is rumours of Southend playing Rangers in pre season. George Taylor is on the consortium that is buying Southend, although it hasn't officially completed yet.

Yep, not interested in it one bit.

The clamour from some to see Man Utd reserves was rather strange.

Definitely giving it a miss. UBs also not attending.
Agreed, we can guarantee it will sell out as well.
You can also guarantee that Man Utd will field a shell of a team where there will be maybe 1 name you recognise.
Rangers will also play a squad that would baffle most regular supporters.
I’m expecting half and half scarves to be sold outside by the usual touts.

Yep, not interested in it one bit.

The clamour from some to see Man Utd reserves was rather strange.

Definitely giving it a miss. UBs also not attending.
I'm going, couldn't give a monkeys chuff about Man Utd first 11 or reserves.

Hopefully we will see a few new signings for Rangers. That's what the vast majority will be going to see.

Last edited:
I'm going, could give a monkeys chuff about Man Utd first 11 or reserves.

Hopefully we will see a few new signings for Rangers. That's what the vast majority will be going to see.
Each to their own but I wouldn't imagine that as may bears who are attending this would pay ÂŁ45 - ÂŁ60 if it was, say, Wigan that we were playing.

Clearly loads are only going because it's "Man Utd".

I'm not fussed who we play as long as the team have plenty of games to get themselves up to speed

I would also like a few games against cannon fodder before our first real game

Have glamour games in the middle of the pre season schedule

Last summers programme was terrible

Given some of our friendly performances and results over the years, I'm not sure we can ever guarantee anyone will be "cannon fodder".

Given some of our friendly performances and results over the years, I'm not sure we can ever guarantee anyone will be "cannon fodder".
This is indeed true sadly

We would probably arrange a tie with Bonnyrigg, scrape a penalty to salvage a draw and have our brand new signing ruled out for 9 months with a knee injury

It was especially padded seats we sat on and great Rangers support and sing along
Also excellent transport system and bought tops advertised tournament and Arsenal shop was excellent
Really enjoyed despite losing to Arsenal
Yeah it was a good few days, stadium was a cracker as well. Would like to visit Spurs & West Ham’s new grounds

Apart from the murrayfield friendly, celtic away or hampden you get at least 1 my gers point for every away game do you not?

The supporters and the club have a great relationship with Hamburg and their fans. Why not have an annual match against eachother at alternate grounds.

Gonna be a punishing schedule after only 46 posts in this thread, between rumours, suggestions, wishes and confirmed, we have the following to look forward to.

Man Utd
West Ham
Hamburg
Norwich
Bury
Southend
Birmingham
Ipswich
Everton
Arsenal
Some games in Northern Ireland
A tour of Austria
A tour of the USA
and some games against Cannon fodder to finish it off.

:)):)):eek:

Gonna be a punishing schedule after only 46 posts in this thread, between rumours, suggestions, wishes and confirmed, we have the following to look forward to.

Man Utd
West Ham
Hamburg
Norwich
Bury
Southend
Birmingham
Ipswich
Everton
Arsenal
Some games in Northern Ireland
A tour of Austria
A tour of the USA
and some games against Cannon fodder to finish it off.

:)):)):eek:
You forgot Blackpool.!!!!!!!!

Northampton Town would be good.

MK Dons just down the road , 30k modern stadium with hardly any home support would make for a cracking atmoshpere. Direct train from Glasgow, handy for Luton airport and great road links.

Back