Pre season friendly at Birmingham City?

Out of interest would it be easy to get tickets to a friendly like this? What was the story with Sheffield Wednesday? Could be a cheap flight for me and the boy to go to.

Out of interest would it be easy to get tickets to a friendly like this? What was the story with Sheffield Wednesday? Could be a cheap flight for me and the boy to go to.

Should be plenty of tickets (depending on policing and the state of their ground) as English fans don’t tend to bother with pre season games like us.

Their lego land stadium wouldn't cope with our fans doing the bouncy. An absolute dump. And this has absolutely nothing to do with my family having allegiances to Villa...

...ok, maybe a little.
We would probably be in the Railway End at St Andrews which holds around 8,000 which was unaffected by the stand closures which were on the Kop and Tilton Stands both now repaired and re opened.
Blues would be a cracking away trip, bring it on.

I had to get a Sheffield based fan from on here get me and two mates tickets for the home end and met up with him at the FF sash bash as we were struggling to get any tickets at the time,luckily Sheffield Wednesday opened up a section of the stadium that they hadn't sold tickets for and told any of our fans with home end tickets to head there.

I am based in London so would go to Birmingham if it does end up being the case that we have a friendly there although the one time I have been in Birmingham I wasn't too impressed with the city centre,seemed a bit of a dump but to be fair that was 10 years ago so maybe it's better now.

I had to get a Sheffield based fan from on here get me and two mates tickets for the home end and met up with him at the FF sash bash as we were struggling to get any tickets at the time,luckily Sheffield Wednesday opened up a section of the stadium that they hadn't sold tickets for and told any of our fans with home end tickets to head there.

I am based in London so would go to Birmingham if it does end up being the case that we have a friendly there although the one time I have been in Birmingham I wasn't too impressed with the city centre,seemed a bit of a dump but to be fair that was 10 years ago so maybe it's better now.
I can confirm it is not any better, still an absolute shite hole.

Not a fan of the city of Birmingham, was there recently for work, don’t like the place much. However, I can get a train directly to Birmingham New Street and be there in 90 minutes so this friendly would be a yes from me. And, despite not liking the aesthetics of the city, it does have a good selection of bars to keep the bears entertained.

Broad Street is great for boozers right next to canal,really busy at night..So if Birmingham is on I am heading with rest of bears

I done Sheffield derby and Blackpool away. Blackpool was a bit hard for tickets and Sheffield and derby was a good few years ago before the demand for tickets went through the roof. Would like to think though tickets might not be too bad for this.

Was in the Ibrox Bar in Benidorm last month and was a large group of Villa fans in. Got talking to 1 and to my surprise he said Villa had a big Rangers support.
I lived in Brum for quite a few years, and Villa sided with us and Birmingham them, the area around St Andrews had a large Irish population, and not a nice area to hang around for a drink, unless it’s changed there was a huge Irish club where supporters of the IRA frequented.

Was wanting a game in England but Birmingham is an absolute shitehole.

I'll still go, but if this game does happen, I'd say there would be a large police presence.

The first wish in any friendly thread is for an away day down south, given this ticks that box I would say that would be the why. Giving the fans what they want feels like a safe bet, no?
Yes,I get that,it just seems a totally random pick.
Any venue in London,gives you about 6/7 options and would be more exciting.
Then you have clubs who would be accommodating to the gers support,
Sheff.Wed,Derby,portsmouth,plymouth,stockport, carlisle port vale to name a few.

To me Birmingham is very meh...

I lived in Brum for quite a few years, and Villa sided with us and Birmingham them, the area around St Andrews had a large Irish population, and not a nice area to hang around for a drink, unless it’s changed there was a huge Irish club where supporters of the IRA frequented.
This is quite simply not true. I organise a regular meet up for Rangers games in Birmingham city centre and there’s no real ‘side’ for either team. Some Birmingham fans favour us, some them - the same with Villa. To a certain extent I’d say West Brom are probably the team who have a bigger % who favour us over them. But there’s definitely no firm allegiance to either side in Glasgow with any Birmingham side.

Back