Pre Season Matches

While everyone craves a glamour friendly, this does give us Sunday 15th and Sunday 22nd July to maybe fit in a couple of domestic/lower league teams away from home, depending on the League Cup Group stage fixtures. Could also have a game on Monday 2nd July once we’re back from Spain. As said above it’s about getting the players fit and build an understanding of what the manager wants them to do.

Yeah the only other teams that we could have opted for are the Scottish lower league team around the time of the Bury game since they are preparing for the LC group stage games and they have a free matchday so some could suit us if we go that route

I would be surprised if we had a public game before 6th July but who knows

There will be interest in the Bury game

Yeah the only other teams that we could have opted for are the Scottish lower league team around the time of the Bury game since they are preparing for the LC group stage games and they have a free matchday so some could suit us if we go that route

I would be surprised if we had a public game before 6th July but who knows

There will be interest in the Bury game

I think there may be another game pencilled in :cool:

As a Bury season ticket holder (and also a Rangers fan) this is an ideal game for me. I am a bit insulted with some of the 'utter dross' comments but agree with some on here that a friendly against us is ideal prep for your European game. No point playing a big team, that would serve no purpose as a warm up against The Dog and Duck from Andorra or wherever. Besides the world cup is still on and the big teams would not be a) at full strength and b) not even started training properly. We would probably bring quite a few hundred up for the game as it's a once in a lifetime chance to see us at the mighty Ibrox. Still nothing confirmed at our end though - although an announcement is expected Monday/Tuesday.

I'm in Glasgow that weekend for the cutural celebrations so this would certainly be welcomed.
Maybe why the game is on the Friday, cultural celebrations on the Saturday maybe even a game on the Sunday
Well priced entry, catching some visitors to Scotland whats not to like.
Ok it's Bury but as already stated teams will not be in pre season training yet and we do have to play some matches before the EL matches.
WATP and always will be

As a Bury season ticket holder (and also a Rangers fan) this is an ideal game for me. I am a bit insulted with some of the 'utter dross' comments but agree with some on here that a friendly against us is ideal prep for your European game. No point playing a big team, that would serve no purpose as a warm up against The Dog and Duck from Andorra or wherever. Besides the world cup is still on and the big teams would not be a) at full strength and b) not even started training properly. We would probably bring quite a few hundred up for the game as it's a once in a lifetime chance to see us at the mighty Ibrox. Still nothing confirmed at our end though - although an announcement is expected Monday/Tuesday.

Majority are only bothered that it’s not a away game mate
Bury down there would have been bang on.

Admit that we would have loved to have had you down here also, but I am guessing they will want any new players in your team to get a feel of Ibrox before the European game.

Maybe why the game is on the Friday, cultural celebrations on the Saturday maybe even a game on the Sunday
Ok it's Bury but as already stated teams will not be in pre season training yet and we do have to play some matches before the EL matches.
WATP and always will be
Can't play on the Sunday as my Grandson is getting Christened and SG is invited;)

WATP and always will be
The Sunday is a no no as our first game in Europe could be moved to the Tuesday

Don't take it to heart bro......the moaning one's like me, would've prefer a trip away to your gaff, rather than a home tie, nevertheless, i hope yourself and the rest of the Bury fans have a great day

Last edited:
Don't take it to heart bro......the moaning one's like me, would've prefer a trip away to your gaff, rather than a home time, nevertheless, i hope yourself and the rest of the Bury fans have a great day
I think most would like an away game but there are plenty of reasons from the playing side why we should play at Ibrox.

As good as it is for us to have a wee jolly to England, look at the other point of view with Bury, as @Andy35 says, looking to bring a few hundred fans up.

It's a good opportunity to welcome fans of smaller clubs to our magnificent stadium.

Pretty sure we will have a great day out, thanks guys. I just wish they would hurry up and confirm it. Knowing us after all the hype of possibly playing you, we will probably play Cowdenbeath instead or something.

Bury might be a small team but you can get free wifi throughout their ground and buy a match ticket and have the Q code delivered to your phone for scanning at the stiles.

Perhaps there will be an information exchange when the teams meet

I am hearing that the Bury game is 7.15pm on Friday now.
I’m really looking fwd to this has it been confirmed by the club would be a bit gutted if it doesn’t go ahead flights booked and champing at the bit to see Stevie G,s Rangers will definitely be a messy weekend Gers Friday then Glasgow walk can’t wait

Can’t believe someone said they would give the game a miss so they can watch england on tv.

Reactions: ZvP
Provisional schedule TBC

Friday 6th July Bury Home Friendly
Thursday 12th July EL QR1 1st leg
Thursday 19th July EL QR1 2nd leg

Thursday 26th July EL QR2 1st leg
Sunday 29th July Wigan Home Friendly
Thursday 2nd August EL QR2 2nd leg

Sunday 5th August SPFL Premiership Away

SPFL out on Friday 15th June
EL QR1 & 2 draws Tuesday 19th June
It doesn’t matter who we're playing, we are only there to see the Rangers!
We need to play our part and show the new gaffer what we're all about - the only show in town :) NS

Don't take it to heart mate.

Is that Wigan match on the Sunday 29th confirmed?

Kids are up with their Gran the week before it and so I might take the chance to take the wee man along when I pick them up.

Back