Pre Season Matches

That a numb minding fixture, need to be £5 entry tops

Agreed but end of day this match is for Steve G to give the squad a run out in time for 1st euro so is smart move don’t think it’s fan driven this early in season but the next friendly should be more exiting

Agreed but end of day this match is for Steve G to give the squad a run out in time for 1st euro so is smart move don’t think it’s fan driven this early in season but the next friendly should be more exiting

a team that finished bottom of League 1...i would rather have an away trip to Carlisle

a team that finished bottom of League 1...i would rather have an away trip to Carlisle

True trye from a fans day out but it’s about getting used to the dressing room at home and playing at home at Ibrox what it all means an away trip to Carlisle on bus not ideal we / he the manager needs to get a feel of Ibrox playing there 1st then like you say an away trip,

I don’t really think it’s about opposition at this stage either just fitness and deciding whom he wants to keep and whom can go in the transfer window + this early in July difficult to get opposition short notice on the cheap ?

That's a hell of a line-up of bands you have for the wedding breakfast!
Ha ha. The trouble they had getting the DJ they wanted, never mind the bands, because of the Walk. It had to be this weekend for so many reasons, though, so fingers crossed it all goes smoothly.

we aren't half a bunch of moaning bassas….if they had played any behind closed doors there would be moaning that we can't see it, if we had played at gigg lane it wouldn't have been big enough etc etc

good chance to go and see the lads and the new gaffer, hopefully tickets will be sensibly priced

we aren't half a bunch of moaning bassas….if they had played any behind closed doors there would be moaning that we can't see it, if we had played at gigg lane it wouldn't have been big enough etc etc

good chance to go and see the lads and the new gaffer, hopefully tickets will be sensibly priced
Place will be empty bro, a friday ..Bury... lol, there's a reason we play small team's away from home or closed doors

So why not, as I suggested hire somewhere? Somewhere by the sea...not in a 51,000 capacity stadium.

So why not, as I suggested hire somewhere? Somewhere by the sea...not in a 51,000 capacity stadium.
Maybe to give the new players a taste of the environment they will be playing in against a similar level of opponent we're likely to play in the first round of Europe?

Provisional schedule TBC

Friday 6th July Bury Home Friendly
Thursday 12th July EL QR1 1st leg
Thursday 19th July EL QR1 2nd leg

Thursday 26th July EL QR2 1st leg
Sunday 29th July Wigan Home Friendly
Thursday 2nd August EL QR2 2nd leg

Sunday 5th August SPFL Premiership Away

SPFL out on Friday 15th June
EL QR1 & 2 draws Tuesday 19th June

So the players come back on the 15th June and less than 4 weeks later we play our first round in Europa league, In between all that we have to bring in players,pre-season,players getting to know each other,learn which way SG wants us to play and play a friendly against Bury.. All in less than 4 weeks,that's absolutely crazy.

Is there also a cut off point for signing players elegible to play in the ist round of the Europa ?

Can't believe how short a time we have to do all that and be prepared.

Don't be suprised to learn that Bury's manager is a Scouser that came through the Liverpool academy at the same time as Gerrard.

Provisional schedule TBC

Pretty disappointing tbh, was hoping for a decent away game in England

Pretty disappointing tbh, was hoping for a decent away game in England

That is the problem of trying getting teams that are suitable and fitting them in

As stated before Cardiff wanted a game with us or even them but due to schedules of all 3 made it hard to do it

Reactions: _72
Won't be empty, us 3 will be there and i'm sure they will be thousands like us to see SG first game and any new players

While friendlies are always hit or miss this is different and we might attract a decent crowd on a Friday night

It will probably be the biggest crowd Bury have play in front of for while and it will be a experience for them

While friendlies are always hit or miss this is different and we might attract a decent crowd on a Friday night

It will probably be the biggest crowd Bury have play in front of for while and it will be a experience for them
If we have signed a few more players, I can see 20000 turning up. Friday night, no work next day and welcome the manager

Well bury will suit me fine get me aff the beer earlier to fresh for Saturday

Be there to see the Rangers
and would be quite happy to part with a score for the team

Wigan I could maybe believe,

but no chance surely of utter dross like Bury getting to come to Ibrox for a pay in game.
Behind closed doors at the training ground, sure.

Seriously think this is ridiculous.
We are going to be playing a team from Luxembourg 110% up for it a few days later.

So, should we pay 1 million to Chelsea for a glamour friendly against weans or play a Bury team desperate to take a big scalp and put down a marker. The same. Level and attitude as our euro game?

We need. To remember.. The priority isn't an exhibition. Its prep for the uefa Cup.

Uninspiring but exactly what is needed.

As long as the team gets a work out that’s the main thing.

I’ve never liked going to friendlies, i find it a very hard watch when there’s literally nothing at stake. I think the last one I went to was a mid season friendly against AC Milan about 10 years or so ago when Beckham played for them.

No, it's a Friday as it gives us more recovery time for the European game. I would hazard a guess that the Wigan game will be a Sunday also.

They also have to factor in the movement of European dates

We face the same issue as we did last season however this time there won't a big gap should things don't go the right way

Provisional schedule TBC

While everyone craves a glamour friendly, this does give us Sunday 15th and Sunday 22nd July to maybe fit in a couple of domestic/lower league teams away from home, depending on the League Cup Group stage fixtures. Could also have a game on Monday 2nd July once we’re back from Spain. As said above it’s about getting the players fit and build an understanding of what the manager wants them to do.

Back