Promotion from championship

hands_across_the_sea

Now that Dundee Utd has secured automatic promotion, who would the preference be to win the play off?

Livingston already as good as down and I think Aberdeen will be safe from it unfortunately so it’s up to Ross county and st johnstone in my opinion. Airdrie, Partick and raith to play it out in the championship.

I honestly think either 3 of the championship teams could get a result against either Ross county or st johnstone. Would like to see either airdrie or raith come up as something different for the league. Would prefer for Ross county to go down as easier for st johnstone away tickets :))

Ross County is always a good day out, regardless of score, and St Johnstone is decent for away tickets (as is Livi). Would get decent away allocations at either Raith, Partick or Airdrie but only Firhill has a grass pitch.

Hopefully Ross county go down never bought the great away day chat , it’s a trek to a coup of a ground in a town with nothing to do

Think it will be St Johnstone that the championship sides will face. If it was Ross County I think they would beat those 3 sides IF they performed like they did against us. Think St Johnstone could go down they don't score many goals but at points in the season but they've managed to get a result.

I think it will be Airdrie v St Johnstone.

The playoffs are designed to favour the failing SPL side, so I reckon there'll be no promotion that way. If there was I'd like to see St Johnstone go down and either Thistle or Airdrie come up.

Not sure how Raith and Airdrie pitches are to play on….

But one thing I’ve noticed from TV games this year is they look so much better than what Killie and Livingston have .

I haven't paid too much attention to this.I see Raith mentioned.
Having watched us play Raith in the Scottish cup fairly recent and witnessed a bunch of players who played anti football, time wasted and fell to the ground looking to stop play or gain advantage.Id say f#ck Raith Rovers.They were one of the most negative teams that I've seen come to Ibrox.
A bit petty I know.

Airdrie at least try to play football. So would be more interested in them coming up.

Got no time for their fans, but I'd want Partick to win the playoffs.
Would be some kind of payback for how the SPFL shafted them when they were relegated, plus they deserved to win it against Ross County last season.

Airdrie please. My hometown team, I used to go see them reguarly. I was very young the last time they were in the top flight.

Would be some kind of payback for how the SPFL shafted them when they were relegated, plus they deserved to win it against Ross County last season.
Their collapse in the second leg was mind boggling. 3-0 up on aggregate with 20 mins to go and ended up losing it

Can we also promote a proper Glasgow derby as well !?

Would like to see Airdrie come up but I feel it’s a step too far this year, they’ve done well to consolidate their place in this division never mind reach the playoffs.
Looks to me like St Johnstone would come through that and it’s maybe right as they’re the only club of the four with both a grass pitch and a complete stadium.

Rhys McCabe has done a fantastic job at Airdrie. Would love to see them come up but can’t see it happening.
I can see Airdrie getting the better of Thistle and Raith at least.
Airdrie are Raith's bogey team this season but despite being beaten twice at Firhill I think McCabe might do Thistle when it counts.

Back