Rae linked with the Sunderland job

Bit of a risk for them after the Beale disaster. Not sure what he brings to the table for us, so in turn not sure what level of loss he'd be for us either. Not a criticism of him btw, I just genuinely don't know.

Would be a good opportunity for him. Surprised they'd go for someone with as little experience to be honest. Especially after their experience with Beale
He has got 14 years or so of coaching experience. Obviously being the main man is different to being the no2. Would be no similarities between him and Beale other than the Rangers connection.

After helping out Steve Davis he's landed on his feet out of nowhere really.

Rae should stay where he is right now (I am not sure it gets any better for him tbh).
Think he's only got a contract until the end of the season no guarantee he will be here next season

Rae should stay where he is right now (I am not sure it gets any better for him tbh).
Davis might even join him, great opportunity for both if that’s the case.

I would prefer he stayed but that’s based upon sentimentality rather than knowledge of his current role.

Think he's only got a contract until the end of the season no guarantee he will be here next season

Interesting to see what big Phil does in this regard. Building his own team may well mean more than the playing squad. You can see why he'd have wanted Alex to stay on this season as a link with the current squad and perhaps he's immpressed the gaffer in that way.

We'll know shortly I suppose.

EDIT - "In that way" - Big Phil's lingo is now infiltrating my psyche :D

Very much out of nowhere. If we can end this season on the highest of highs, it will have been some 9 months in Rae’s career.

Any decision on Sunderland though would depend on Rangers/Clement’s desire to keep him beyond this season.

My only view is I think it’s useful for us to have someone in the group who knows this scene and what makes it ebb and flow .
Agreed. For me, you only need to consider the comment PC made when
asked about a HT team talk - "I can't repeat what my Scottish assistant said"
- doubt that relates to difficulties with the accent, more likely 'what does it mean to be a Ranger'!

He has got 14 years or so of coaching experience. Obviously being the main man is different to being the no2. Would be no similarities between him and Beale other than the Rangers connection.
I get that. He did ok with Dundee and got sacked after less than a season with St Mirren. All quite a few years ago now. Just don't think they would take a risk with someone based on extensive coaching experience over someone currently in management. Guys like Steve Cooper and Cifuentes at QPR would be better options.

Not really shocked as they only want a coach to do the drills etc as the rest of the running is managed by other people and departments and they need someone the fans have a positive attitude towards.

Is Pedro looking for a job?

He’s doing really well in Brazil at the moment, was close to the title last year and top of the league at the start of this season.

Unsure on what Rae’s contribution is to the management but clearly PC values him as part of the staff.

For Rae’s sake I think he’d be best staying here. It’d be a tough gig down in Sunderland or England for that matter for an inexperienced manager/coach at that level.

I wonder what the guy who was outing Rae’s position after the County and Dundee debacles opinion on this is :))

He’s doing really well in Brazil at the moment, was close to the title last year and top of the league at the start of this season.
I wondered why we had stopped getting sneering articles in the Record
Funny they don't have any interest in how he's doing now

I wondered why we had stopped getting sneering articles in the Record
Funny they don't have any interest in how he's doing now

Tbh I don’t care about him either but I do enjoy the Brazilian and Argentine leagues, so through watching I know he’s doing well.

Bit of a risk for them after the Beale disaster. Not sure what he brings to the table for us, so in turn not sure what level of loss he'd be for us either. Not a criticism of him btw, I just genuinely don't know.
Beale wasn’t a disaster that clubs been a disaster for a decade

Sunderland just love taking managers/coaches that have worked in Scotland, rarely works for them but a good opportunity for him can only imagine he is a big personality behind the scenes as not sure what else he does for us, apart from what the manager asks of him. Still seems a tad strange & out the blue though. Think Sunderland are desperate for another season of STID.

Beale wasn’t a disaster that clubs been a disaster for a decade
Beale was a disaster there mate , they’d a good last 2 seasons . This season has been shite , owners who won’t back the manager and insist on young players & project strikers

No experience & no striker means mid table , they were exciting to watch last season , they havnt been exciting to watch since came in

Rae will know himself if he is going to be kept on next season. If he is, he won't walk away from us as the risks with Sunderland are huge.

Find this comment disrespectful tbh given his long playing career including of course his success with us and coaching down south. What kind of track record do you see in first team coaches hired by us that is greater than his? With the exception of Roy Makaay - argument he's got the best experience of anyone coming into that role for the last 30 years.

One of those shit Rangers Facebook pages have said Rangers have conformed Rae has agreed a 3 year deal with them. But usual clickbait nonsense for the moment.

He must be over the moon working for the teddy bears. Good rangers man. No pressure on him be plenty with Sunderland

I would love to know what Alex actually does. We send on subs whilst Alex sits in the box saying nothing and the subs are being prepared and advised by the goal keeping coach. What the hell is that all about.

I would love to know what Alex actually does. We send on subs whilst Alex sits in the box saying nothing and the subs are being prepared and advised by the goal keeping coach. What the hell is that all about.
I have been wondering about that one also.

Lol, I love when FF declares someone persona non grata because they don't look busy enough on the sidelines. Can recall Andy Watson, Kenny McDowall Jan Wouters, Roy Makaay and Neil Banfield all getting it in the neck at some point or other.

The goalie coach is usually going over set piece instructions; it happens at a lot of teams.

Back