Rae linked with the Sunderland job

I would love to know what Alex actually does. We send on subs whilst Alex sits in the box saying nothing and the subs are being prepared and advised by the goal keeping coach. What the hell is that all about.
I guess it's better than being sat looking at a laptop scratching your head, trying to figure out what's gone wrong when your defence has just made Nicky Clark look like Samuel eto'o.

I would have thought someone with Rae’s experience might had advised clement last week against Dundee that the midfield 3 he picked didn’t have the required steel or fight to control that game.

As a manager I wouldn't touch that club. Too many expectations. Changes managers every year or two it seems.

I would love to know what Alex actually does. We send on subs whilst Alex sits in the box saying nothing and the subs are being prepared and advised by the goal keeping coach. What the hell is that all about.
So, if he doesn't do anything demonstrative, he doesn't do anything at all? I always remember the same thing being asked of Yves Colleu, in the media that time, when he worked here under Le Guen; something, again, which is quite ludicrous.

Last edited:
If there's one job I wouldn't touch right now it would likely be the Sunderland job.
The other way of looking at it is it's such a basket case it's a free hit.

Probably no impact on reputation if you cant fix Sunderland but great experience as a number 1.

I'd be massively surprised if he's looking over there like it's a step forward for him. He's wiser than that.

Back