Raheem Sterlings payslip left in his car at a garage

Some loyalty bonus. Wonder how often that was paid. Weird month to receive it (in fact, it'll be counted as 6th month of tax year - so twice a year.. possibly quarterly?).

Unbelievable the amount players get paid, but it's got to go somewhere, I suppose.

Last edited:
Some loyalty bonus. Wonder how often that was paid. Weird month to receive it (in fact, it'll be counted as 6th month of tax year - so twice a year?).

Unbelievable the amount players get paid, but it's got to go somewhere, I suppose.
The next month from when the transfer window closes.

Do folk still get hard copies of their pay slips these days? Or even when Sterling was at City. Surely not?

Oh, and the ‘taxable pay to date’ on the right hand side has only a single digit after the decimal point. Poor fake.

Last edited:
How big would his pay packet have to be for a net pay of 1,000,000. unless the Bank of England has repealed the law which stated they only had the license to print one pound and ten shilling notes, he would have had to hire a truck to take it to the Bank who could have refused to accept so much specie from him.
What a problem to have.

Spelling out the obvious but knowing how traditional payroll printers work thats definitely fake you can see by the Manchester City being off centre from the other printed lines and the darker values in the numbers below

Traditional dot matrix style printers from the 90’s we still have one and i love the thing :cool:

Last edited:
I worked with a chap that got his delivered to a pub in EK. Just so his wife didn't see it.
Reminds me of my first year in the RAF. I was in Accounts and all the pay stuff was done manually then and you then sent out an individual payslip and BACS payment slip to everyone. I had one for a grumpy old Chief Technician to send out but knew his wife worked in the Post Room, so took it down to her. Merry Hell ensued the next day when I found out, not very diplomatically, that she hadn’t seen his payslip in their 30-odd years of marriage - and hitherto had no idea what he earned.

Not my finest hour.

Do you think the lassie from accounts comes round the dressing room and hands out the pay packets?

Reminds me of my first year in the RAF. I was in Accounts and all the pay stuff was done manually then and you then sent out an individual payslip and BACS payment slip to everyone. I had one for a grumpy old Chief Technician to send out but knew his wife worked in the Post Room, so took it down to her. Merry Hell ensued the next day when I found out, not very diplomatically, that she hadn’t seen his payslip in their 30-odd years of marriage - and hitherto had no idea what he earned.

Not my finest hour.
Brilliant :))

All those taxes he paid were essentially Arab oil money going into the UK Government's coffers to pay for essential services.

I don't begrudge elite footballers getting a good wage, they provide entertainment for a huge number of people and pay a lot of taxes.

Always makes me laugh when you see the moon units that say nurses should get the same wages as footballers

Whilst also ignoring the absolute shit load of tax that’s paid.

How much would the entire epl pay in tax for all players. Unreal!

I only get one if it’s not for the usual amount, but I’m retired and on what the Daily Mail calls a “gold-plated public sector pension“.

Latest posts

Back