Raheem Sterlings payslip left in his car at a garage

Government must absolutely love the Premier league. Think of the tax that’s paid and vat that’s paid on wages, tickets, merchandise, food, drink, travel and whatever else. Billions per year it must generate.

Haha Drury handballs it to Sheezel's arse and we blow what should be an easy goal

EDIT: I haven't just replied to the wrong thread, I've replied on the completely wrong forum for a different sport. Looks like I can't delete it so I'll have to leave it here :D

Haha Drury handballs it to Sheezel's arse and we blow what should be an easy goal

EDIT: I haven't just replied to the wrong thread, I've replied on the completely wrong forum for a different sport. Looks like I can't delete it so I'll have to leave it here :D
Wow, this is new :D

I worked with a chap that got his delivered to a pub in EK. Just so his wife didn't see it.

When I was still an apprentice, one of the tradesmen, was not just a booze hound. He was the Baskerville of booze hounds.

Now back then they would be working two nights, a Saturday and a Sunday. For the time they'd be earning good money.

I could only go on what the other tradesmen said at the time. One time he forgot to get rid of his wageslip and his wife found it, when she was going to do the washing.

Turns out he was giving her a pittance compared to the money he was earning.

She took the two weans and just left him.

On a slightly comical sidenote. Apparently there was one guy, who mostly during the summer would turn up wearing a cricket jumper on a Saturday morning. He was going to the bowls after work. (Quite were the jumper comes in, I don't know?)

Back then, you didn't have uniforms, you just worked in the clothes you came to work in.

Alan, do you not think, wearing a white jumper like that is daft giving you're operating a machine?

It's a Saturday morning. I'm not here to work on a Saturday morning.

And apparently he was quite indignant about it. I'm here for appearance money.

Red Robbo from Coventry would have swooned.

I remember reading John Terry (****) had a contract to earn £1 more than any other Chelsea player, he must have loved new expensive signings every year.
These wages are crazy, and they have the cheek to kiss the badge.

The ‘taxable pay to date’ on the right hand side has only a single digit after the decimal point. Poor fake. Mechanic needs to improve his photoshop skills I think - or stick to servicing cars.

Last edited:
Surely with that sort of money you’re not PAYE, you’d employee an accountant to creatively reduce your tax burden wouldn’t you?

Surely with that sort of money you’re not PAYE, you’d employee an accountant to creatively reduce your tax burden wouldn’t you?
It's not a choice - you're either an employee or self employed.

He's clearly an employee so subject to PAYE.

Things like image rights are used to mitigate a players tax but there are pretty strict limits on the percentage of a contract that can be treated this way.
And these things wouldn't be on a payslip.

He will still have an accountant to do the creative stuff and submit a tax return to balance things up.

If that's genuine, that's a massive data breach and somebody in that garage is looking at a massive fine or jail time.

Do you think the lassie from accounts comes round the dressing room and hands out the pay packets?
I worked for a building company where it was actually the accountant who handed them out.

I clocked one day that all the Directors had a wage packet in their spouses name too despite none of them working for the company.

Must have been some tax dodge.

Back