Ralph Ragnick odds on favourite to become the new Bayern Munich manager.

WinkieWATP

That would be a strange decision would it not? Was pretty hopeless at Man Utd and was supposed to be more interested in being involved in a DOF role iirc?

Think he still has a decent reputation in Germany and Austria despite the shambles at United.

On a hiding to nothing at the shit show that is OT

English media ignorance towards Rangnick is unbelievable like. He was a troubleshooter at the end of the day, he basically said it’s such a mess I can’t sort this out alone. If he done what he did at Ajax or Dortmund rather than Red Bull he would be heralded as a Football god, he was pivotal in loads there - granted assisted by money but what he achieved was brilliant.

Guessing they maybe have an agreement with alonso for a years time and they need someone for 12 months? Like said above he is highly regarded in Germany.

English media ignorance towards Rangnick is unbelievable like. He was a troubleshooter at the end of the day, he basically said it’s such a mess I can’t sort this out alone. If he done what he did at Ajax or Dortmund rather than Red Bull he would be heralded as a Football god, he was pivotal in loads there - granted assisted by money but what he achieved was brilliant.
Basically built Hoffenheim too.

Basically built Hoffenheim too.

I really expected him to be headhunted while at Red Bull to front a big revamp operaton at a traditional Club. Wouldn’t be surprised if that’s the thinking from Bayern to a degree.

Send for the man.

F0Mk5q-WwAEzkJO.png

Rangnick said United needed "open heart surgery," or a complete rebuild. But Ten Hag ignored him - refused to even take a proper one on one meeting to discuss.

The other day, Mourinho does an interview saying there are still players at United who he knew were "rotten".

As you say, he was a troubleshooter. Past it manager (if he was one to begin with) but clearly knows how to build clubs. Even in that short time he did expose the board and smoke out numerous chancers beyond the scenes who weren't up to it.

Wouldn't be surprised if Max Eberl at Bayern is looking to him for a similar job, rather than immediate success. Only thing is that Hoeness always disliked him, which makes it strange somewhat lol.

Thought it’d be Zidane tbh.

He doesn't speak German and always says speaking the language is pivotal to him taking a job.

TBH I don't think he even cares about being a manager that much — not like Mourinho, Tuchel etc. Could see him taking the Real gig whenever he fancies it for the next 20 years or so, winning a few trophies then fucking off again.

I dare say that Man Utd are about to employ a decent team of Football execs who will now carry out the things that Rangnick advised a couple of years back. Ten Hag was too stubborn to actually be bothered to take that advice too and ultimately will pay the price with getting sacked.

Not sure of Rangnicks managerial capabilities but he certainly knows how to build a club and how they should be run.

He’s a whopper no way he was offered it

The reasons for Rangnick's rejection of FC Bayern​

Ralf Rangnick won't be a coach at FC Bayern after all. There are various reasons for this.
Full concentration on the 2024 European Championship: Ralf Rangnick.

Full concentration on the 2024 European Championship:

Last week, Ralf Rangnick informed Bayern officials Max Eberl and Christoph Freund, his long-time companion from Salzburg, that they would make a final decision after FC Bayern's semi-final first leg against Real Madrid. To give the two of them a yes or no for the coaching position in Munich, which is open in the summer.
“He is an excellent expert on the football scene,” Herbert Hainer said about Rangnick on Tuesday evening after the 2-2 draw against Madrid and revealed “good conversations . ” "He has enormous ability to develop players and teams. Everything I hear from those around the Austrian national team is very, very positive. If he were to come, he would be a very good choice for us."
On Wednesday, Rangnick got in touch and completely unexpectedly canceled . Neither Eberl and Freund nor anyone else expected that the 65-year-old would remain coach of the Austrian national team after weeks of talks.

Rangnick did not want to return to day-to-day business​

There were no unanswered questions, the Bavarians and the native Swabian agreed on all points and the key data seemed to be clarified.

But Rangnick saw the danger that the European Championship in June could suffer as a result of his pro-Bayern decision. Rangnick could have earned many times more at FCB if he had had the Champions League final in Munich in mind. But he didn't want to return to day-to-day business and didn't want to change anything.

ÖFB officials and especially the players showered him with affection every day and asked him to stay in Austria. And got their wish fulfilled.

Press conference with Herbert Hainer and Jan-Christian Dreesen on April 28, 2023 in the press club of the Allianz Arena in Munich Jan-Christian Dreesen (CEO Munich) Photo: Revierfoto

Haha, it's mad, isn't it. They should just make Muller player manager or get Flick back.

Apparently Martin Demichelis also gave them a KB.

Basically ran the show at Red Bull didn’t he, don’t think he likes the idea of anything less. Was strange enough when he went Moscow.

On his return to football, would Klopp go to Bayern given his history with Dortmund?

I know players move between the two. Just wondered if Klopp had ever spoken about it.

Back