Rangers/Cultural songs they can’t come near (minus add ons)

Englishman’s betrayal is a world 1 war song celebrating the brave UVF

Not the gangs going around today
True but how many of the wee neds that sing it see it that way?
We have plenty of fake Ulster men in our support who know hee haw about Irish history and politics just the same as the plastic Paddy's in the east end.

I’m becoming deeply suspicious of you.

Seems to me like you are trying to get our fans to sing songs you know will have us thrown out of Europe.

TBB is banned by UEFA in all its forms and the tune itself using ANY words, as you well know. Sing any form of it with any words tonight and we’ll be cited by UEFA again. Guaranteed.

So if we just chanted “HULLO HULLO” constantly, they would cite us? Really? In what possible way could they do that?

Personally, Im deeply suspicious of people who are so happy to sit back and let us be victimised like this.

So if we just chanted “HULLO HULLO” constantly, they would cite us? Really? In what possible way could they do that?

Personally, Im deeply suspicious of people who are so happy to sit back and let us be victimised like this.
we found them out along time ago

they dont care about our Protestant Identity

just along for the ride and occasional big game

They songs have nothing to do with rangers. But they are not going away. I come onto the follow follow site every night and I have to say what I see posted is never the same as what the majority of fans who I talk to away from the sites thoughts are. Everyone who I talk to agrees stop the songs deemed unacceptable on European nights. But the boys on our bus and other fans I talk to have no desire to stop singing songs about the Somme for instance.
This site is mostly aging fans that don't really do twitter or Facebook etc. From what I gather since joining most just support Rangers nothing else. Which is totally fine, although they also share a support which has aligned with the club way before all of us were born. 1 or 2 stadium closures will not change fans allegiances or cultural leanings overnight. I have no idea where the club and support go with this moving forward, one thing I do know is we are as divided as ever and it depresses the fucking life right out me

right you are, I will let my secretary write it down to remind me when ever I feel guilty about Orange songs
Sing them in your head or in your own home and keep them away from Ibrox and you won't have to feel guilty. We are not an Orange club, a Protestant club or a Conservative club - we are a football club.

This is the closest I've seen to an 'official' sanctions list, which you're never going to get unless someone leaks a Police Scotland or Rangers internal document.

Banned Songs

The Billy Boys
The Famine Song
No Pope of Rome
Super Rangers
50p Flute

Banned Add Ons

FTP in absolutely any context (as shouted at the end of the Sash or We are the Loyal)
FTP and Vatican after the now almost universal Dundee, Hamilton line
The daft add-on to the otherwise fine Andy Halliday song

Rule of Thumb

Any mention at all of the Pope, 19th Century Terrorists or assorted generic names for Catholics you can think of. So anything to do with beads, nuns and the like. You know the score.

Sing them in your head or in your own home and keep them away from Ibrox and you won't have to feel guilty. We are not an Orange club, a Protestant club or a Conservative club - we are a PROTESTANT football club.
Fixed that for you

Again though, what relevance does it have to Rangers?
Lots of clubs sing lots of songs that have absolutely nada to do with football. What does the Fields of Athenry or Paper roses or I'm forever blowing bubbles got to do with football. Nothing. They still get sung. Who knows what songs the Greeks, Turks and eastern Europeans sing. Probably %^*& all to do with the game. That in itself shouldn't stop a song being sung. Also, as I've posted in another thread, UEFA surely has to abide by some laws. If they came out tomorrow and for instance, on FARE say so that Rule Britannia was an illicit chant and they fined us for it, surely any court anywhere in Europe would back the singing of Rule Britannia?

Exactly sick of this UVF pish, get it tae. I've never supported the Uvf and never will. I cringe everytime people sing 3 cheers. When I was a kid I actually thought the words were for the army and the navy and the union jack.

It should be for the army, the navy and the RAF if it’s to be anything.

Back