Rangers Observer - More FOI info - Stephen Dornan getting Palace Park FC to ask for a regular let

Forget the political angle to this scandal. The club should be suing the individual /s concerned who are deliberately trying to prevent Rangers making money. They are damaging our business interests. Only when these cretins are held financially personally responsible for their actions will this anti-Rangers hatred end.

Pollok Utd had traditionally used the park long ago. I remember watching the club deck going up and being finished on a weekly basis whilst training there with Pollok.

The fact that there was no effort made to improve the surface is particularly damning, and shows the hypocrisy in all of this.

Glasgow life are also in the middle of a consultation on pitch strategy - I don’t know the ins and outs of it but hopefully the consultation cannot be falsified to suit the agenda against us.

A second point is the one trotted out about local businesses being affected is a red herring too - Marshall runs the nearest pub to the proposed fanzone and was a firm supporter of the enterprise.

These ‘councillors’ don’t know who they are purporting to represent, and Rangers are key residents in the area.
Pollok United have a great facility in Corkerhill, Palace Park have been campaigning for similar at the old pitch in Kinning Park for a few years now, not just for themselves but for all the community , they raised a fair amount of money themselves through Sport charities but GCC dragging there heels as usual which is a shame as it could be a great facility for kids.

Pollok United have a great facility in Corkerhill, Palace Park have been campaigning for similar at the old pitch in Kinning Park for a few years now, not just for themselves but for all the community , they raised a fair amount of money themselves through Sport charities but GCC dragging there heels as usual which is a shame as it could be a great facility for kids.

Yes. And it is shameful that today, with record levels of obesity and Scotland having failed to qualify for a major tournament for 20 years, that the politicians are being corrupt with CHILDREN’S football to pursue their own one-eyed agenda.

I’m sure I read Frank McAveaty has been on the case. But you fire away. The SNP must always be opposed by supporting whoever is best placed to defeat them Rangers hating Unionist hating republicans.
Magnus that’s one way to dress it up but a large proportion on the SNP councillors have jumped ship from your very own party. Stephen himself was one of your own and I am sure you are aware of his history within the Labour Party in the past. If indeed you don’t know his history I am sure Frank will be able to convey it to you as he was representing shettleston at the time. Corruption which was brushed under the carpet to protect the rest of them at GCC.

Magnus that’s one way to dress it up but a large proportion on the SNP councillors have jumped ship from your very own party. Stephen himself was one of your own and I am sure you are aware of his history within the Labour Party in the past. If indeed you don’t know his history I am sure Frank will be able to convey it to you as he was representing shettleston at the time. Corruption which was brushed under the carpet to protect the rest of them at GCC.
He’s a political opportunist. Quite a number of them jumped ship from Labour to the Nhats only in it for themselves they have no interest in ordinary people. Absolute power corrupts absolutely as has been shown in the past. However he’s been caught bang to right and is being protected and supported by his nationalist republican colleagues who hate all things British and Unionist.

DpveMgxXgAUQvUa.jpg

burgers and Booz ?

Rangers and our supporters are part of the community

The money made from us would have helped improve the facility

The wider community could then have benefited from an improved facility for 13 days out of every 14 over the football season and every single day in the close season

I’m sure that the trust would not have minded, given that they don’t seem to have invested in it since their original investment
In all sorts of ways. Rangers are an important part of the Scottish community as well as in Glasgow. The people employed directly and indirectly by Rangers will put tens of millions into the Scottish economy each year. We also are directly responsible for hiring coaches to convey supporters 40 times a season as well as petrol in cars, catering merchandising etc.

He’s a political opportunist. Quite a number of them jumped ship from Labour to the Nhats only in it for themselves they have no interest in ordinary people. Absolute power corrupts absolutely as has been shown in the past. However he’s been caught bang to right and is being protected and supported by his nationalist republican colleagues who hate all things British and Unionist.
I totally agree with you on the Nhats Magnus but what he did while in office with Labour should be highlighted to strengthen our case. I can understand why maybe Labour would rather it stayed in the past as I think any party would do that. But what he was involved in was shocking.
I agree with you on the power thing as well and he definately was affected by that. At one point he actually believed he ran the city chambers and was untouchable.
Unfortunately we need more men like yourself on the inside Magnus. I would consider it myself but I couldn’t trust myself to be as level headed as you. Strange thing is I tried to encourage a very good friend of mine to stand against the likes of Dornan at the last elections in Govan but due to council rules it wasn’t possible. A shame really because he has done much more and is still involved doing nothing but good for Govan than Dornan ever will.
The odd thing is he would most definately have polled more votes from the people of Govan than any of the candidates that stood such is his standing in the Ward.

I think we now know why Ibrox and Cessnock community council have not released the minutes from their July meeting and instead made up a load of shite about someone being on holiday as the reason,well we're now into October and they still refuse to upload them.

The real reason for not uploading them is because of offensive comments made during this meeting in regards to Rangers fc from Dornan.

In another email exchange on July 2, a councillor demanded answers from colleagues, insisting that if the fan zone plan went to the licensing committee, it would likely be approved.

Stephen Dornan, who has openly opposed Rangers’ plans to use the Ibrox Football Complex, was branded “offensive” over his behaviour at a community council meeting in July.

“I thought the attitude of one elected member was incredibly antagonistic. I felt that member was unfairly rubbishing Rangers’ contribution to the community.”

Those claims were backed by a source who attended the July meeting.
The source said: “Mr Dornan was antagonistic towards the Rangers representatives, but he was particularly offensive towards a young officer who was representing Glasgow Life. His behaviour was awful.”

Last edited:
I think we now know why Ibrox and Cessnock community council have not released the minutes from their July meeting and instead made up a load of shite about someone being on holiday as the reason,well we're now into October and they still refuse to upload them.

The real reason for not uploading them is because of offensive comments made during this meeting in regards to Rangers fc from Dornan.
They have to publish them. That’s the rules or they will find themselves in trouble. If I lived in the area I would be contacting them directly asking for a hard copy as I’ve a local interest and I want to establish exactly what was said and by whom?

Forget the political angle to this scandal. The club should be suing the individual /s concerned who are deliberately trying to prevent Rangers making money. They are damaging our business interests. Only when these cretins are held financially personally responsible for their actions will this anti-Rangers hatred end.

Would shareholders be able to bring a class action against him?
His actions are maybe having a direct affect on the profitability of the company and in doing so affect the share price?

Rather ironic that an email has just come in from Rangers with Daniel Candeias coaching youngsters at the Ibrox complex!!
We are probably their biggest customer and this clown Dornan has issues with us simply because he's a bigot!!

They have to publish them. That’s the rules or they will find themselves in trouble. If I lived in the area I would be contacting them directly asking for a hard copy as I’ve a local interest and I want to establish exactly what was said and by whom?
Could a local bear press for these? Perhaps the Evening Times will pick up on this gap in the community council's reporting?

Rather ironic that an email has just come in from Rangers with Daniel Candeias coaching youngsters at the Ibrox complex!!
We are probably their biggest customer and this clown Dornan has issues with us simply because he's a bigot!!

I think we are their biggest customer.

This is a proper scandal, lies and political coersion for your own bigoted ends! AS said before, wheres the media (apart from the ET)

Can Rangers not apply for them as residents of Edmiston Drive?
Think it’s suggested Rangers had someone present at the meeting who was treated badly by the bigoted councillor? If so they should most certainly be seeking a transcript and minute of the meeting.

Think it’s suggested Rangers had someone present at the meeting who was treated badly by the bigoted councillor? If so they should most certainly be seeking a transcript and minute of the meeting.
Agreed. The more you read, the more corrupt it becomes.

what were these offensive comments?

Was it not the young guy representing Glasgow Life that Dornan abused?

DpveMgxXgAUQvUa.jpg

burgers and Booz ?
'No consultation has taken place in the community' - so Dornan will decide what's to happen without consultation anyway

'elected members have not been informed/consulted' - yet here we have an elected member emailing someone they have previously discussed the issue with. That implies he was informed at some point.

'the pitch would never be used by our community again as it would always be on lease to rangers' - I'll take some proof of that, thanks

'the pitch would be destroyed by thousands of fans on the pitch at the same time' - was fine in the Commonwealth games.

'local businesses would go to the wall, as the the big eat and other large companies drain their profits' - Again, you'll have conducted studies to prove this, Stephen? Show your evidence.

'we cannot replace the healthy aspects of football with burgers and Booz' - as opposed to pies, bovril, a hauf bottle?

'why are Glasgow life even contemplating this, is it ok for poor areas' - that's not even a question. GL will be contemplating it as it's easy income from their biggest customer. Is it ok for poor areas? Is what ok - Attracting investment? Continuing to link with likely the biggest turnover in the area? Nah, feck the poor. Back to the workhouse for the lot of them.

'deprement' LOL

Would shareholders be able to bring a class action against him?
His actions are maybe having a direct affect on the profitability of the company and in doing so affect the share price?

If its proven that direct intervention by individual /s caused Rangers to be deprived of income, they could be in genuine trouble. Whether a class action or the club itself inducing legal proceedings can be pursued, I'm sure its already being considered.

I presume he's been suspended immediately, pending investigation... That's what happens in these situations isn't it?

But we aren't complaining vehemently enough mate.

We need to collectively and individually complain about Dornans abuse of power.

To do so we can use their own system against them. They have internal audit departments that are unscrupulously powerful in the actions they can take against local government officials and employees.

We can facilitate the most dangerous investigation they would ever face - an internal one.

Ethical Standards have limited powers of censure - however civil service auditors can facilitate dismissals and implement disciplinary procedures.

To this end, I repeat and maintain that, every single one of us, we should independently blow the whistle on these biased bigots.

Report them here:

https://www.glasgow.gov.uk/index.aspx?articleid=17132

https://www.glasgow.gov.uk/index.aspx?articleid=17131

https://www.glasgow.gov.uk/index.aspx?articleid=18695

http://www.audit-scotland.gov.uk/contact-us/whistleblowing

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&ved=2ahUKEwisyqb7_IveAhWMKsAKHegBBkIQFjACegQIBBAC&url=http://www.gov.scot/resource/doc/76007/0061075.pdf&usg=AOvVaw1MCb1F9KU5BHITyqBOM_Zr

https://www.gov.uk/whistleblowing

https://www.ros.gov.uk/about/publications

Let's expose the corruption.

But we aren't complaining vehemently enough mate.

We need to collectively and individually complain about Dornans abuse of power.

To do so we can use their own system against them. They have internal audit departments that are unscrupulously powerful in the actions they can take against local government officials and employees.

We can facilitate the most dangerous investigation they would ever face - an internal one.

Ethical Standards have limited powers of censure - however civil service auditors can facilitate dismissals and implement disciplinary procedures.

To this end, I repeat and maintain that, every single one of us, we should independently blow the whistle on these biased bigots.

Report them here:

https://www.glasgow.gov.uk/index.aspx?articleid=17132

https://www.glasgow.gov.uk/index.aspx?articleid=17131

https://www.glasgow.gov.uk/index.aspx?articleid=18695

http://www.audit-scotland.gov.uk/contact-us/whistleblowing

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&ved=2ahUKEwisyqb7_IveAhWMKsAKHegBBkIQFjACegQIBBAC&url=http://www.gov.scot/resource/doc/76007/0061075.pdf&usg=AOvVaw1MCb1F9KU5BHITyqBOM_Zr

https://www.gov.uk/whistleblowing

https://www.ros.gov.uk/about/publications

Let's expose the corruption.
Good idea.

I've done the GCC one - I'll see what (if any) response I get, the issue being I'm not anywhere near GCC so suspect they will try and bounce my complaint based on that.

I would imagine that instructions to undermine Rangers Football Club come from the very top inside the SNP.
It is difficult to actually evaluate how crucial Rangers are to the symbols of British Unionism in Scotland.
Rangers and their huge support remain a backbone of social Unionism, a spine of Unionist presence in the Scottish community and in the Scottish way of life.
That this influence acts as a political bulwark to the Unionist community and poses a direct stumbling block to the cult of Nationalism is self-evident.

Of course, they will stop at nothing to do the club and our supporters down, even to the extent of behaving recklessly in their nefarious activities.
Much of this recklessness will be the result of overconfidence because they feel empowered by permissions given from those running the Scottish Government itself.
These people think they are beyond the reach of any law or civil checks of integrity.
Said it over and over, but it just cannot be a coincedence that we nearly dissappeared in the run up to the referendum. Ill never believe it was.

Said it over and over, but it just cannot be a coincedence that we nearly dissappeared in the run up to the referendum. Ill never believe it was.
Green and whyte.
A NOMAD called Ireland.
Signing a guy called Celik.

Surely to fûck nobody believes it wasn't orchestrated?

What is interesting here is that this story is only being carried by the Evening Times, when its sister rag The Herald, usually copies the exact same stories as the Evening Times. Something not quite right in all of this.

What is interesting here is that this story is only being carried by the Evening Times, when its sister rag The Herald, usually copies the exact same stories as the Evening Times. Something not quite right in all of this.
What isn,t right is that none of the main stream media are carrying this story.i know the sun had it on line .but as far as i know it hasn,t been in the printed edition.

Back